Jul. 11th, 1970
Springfield, Ohio, USA
Justin Chambers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Broken City
2008 - Lakeview Terrace
2005 - Southern Belles
2002 - Leo
2001 - The Musketeer
2001 - The Wedding Planner
1999 - Liberty Heights
Guest TV Roles
Officer Nick Caso
Dr. Alex Karev
Justin Chambers, a former male fashion model who was discovered by a modeling scout in a Paris Metro station and went on a campaign to represent Calvin Klein's fragrance, is now starring as Dr. Alex Karev on ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" (2005). He was born on July 11, 1970, in Springfield, Ohio, USA. His is one of five children of John Chambers and Pam Chambers, an Irish-German-American family. He has a twin brother named Jason, one older brother and two older sisters. While on vacation in Paris he was spotted by an agent and soon went on modeling for Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, and others throughout Europe, Japan and United States. In the 1990s he settled in New York, where he studied at H.B. Studios for 4 years. That schooling yielded him appearances in several off-Broadway stage productions and a few television roles. Chambers' first break came in 1995, a four-month gig on a long-running NBC's daytime soap "Another World" (1964), then he appeared opposite Lolita Davidovich in Harvest of Fire (1996) (TV) and in CBS's Rose Hill (1997) (TV) opposite Jennifer Garner (I). After that he catapulted to the "IT" list of the late 1990s and was described as "part James Dean, part Marlon Brando" by Harper's Bazaar in 1998. He made his big screen debut in the featured role of a rich WASP who befriended a Jewish kid in Liberty Heights (1999), a Barry Levinson (I) drama. He then starred as D'Artagnan in The Musketeer (2001) alongside Catherine Deneuve and Mena Suvari, then co-starred with Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Lopez (I) in The Wedding Planner (2001). His career slowed down for a few years, yielding little meaningful exposure in films and on TV, with the exception of a supporting role alongside Uma Thurman and Gena Rowlands in HBO's _Hysterical Blindness (2002 TV movie)_. In 2005 Chambers made a comeback starring as Dr. Alex Karev opposite Katherine Heigl on ABC's Grey's Anatomy. He also starred as obsessed police detective, Sgt. Matt Parish, in the thriller The Zodiac (2005). Justin Chambers has been enjoying a happy family life. He is a father of five children with his wife, Keisha Chambers, a model agency booker, whom he met while he was modeling with Calvin Klein. The two have been married since 1993. A longtime New Yorker, he used to travel back and forth from New York to L.A. while his family was still in New York. His wife and children have recently moved to LA with Justin from their New York home.
- He has a twin brother named Jason. He and Jason have one older brother named John, Jr. (Chip) and two older sisters named Mia and Susan.
- Both Justin Chambers and "Grey's Anatomy" co-star Chris O'Donnell played the character "D'Artagnan" in different movies based on Alexandre Dumas' "The Three Musketeers". Chambers starred in Peter Hyams' 2001 film, "The Musketeer" while O'Donnell co-starred with Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland in Stephen Herek's "The Three Musketeers" (1993).
- Was discovered by a modelling scout on the Paris subway.... subsequently represented Calvin Klein in fragrance campaign
- Wife Keisha is a model agency booker that he met while he was modeling with Calvin Klein.
- Justin and Keisha have five children. From oldest to youngest, Isabella (b. December 1994), twins Maya and Kaila (b. June 1997), Eva (b. March 1999) and Jackson (b. 2002).
- 1 of 5 siblings of Irish and German extraction.
- He was a 1989 graduate of the Springfield Clark county join vocational school, and was in their marketing program. He was recently inducted into their hall of fame which honors graduates who achieve success in their careers.