Sep. 24th, 1979
St. Helena, Nebraska, USA
Justin Bruening's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Justin Bruening (born September 24, 1979) is an American actor and former fashion model. In 2003, his acting career began when he was cast in the role of Jamie Martin on the daytime drama All My Children, earning him a Soap Opera Digest Award in 2005 for the portrayal. In late 2007, not long after leaving the role, Bruening was cast as Mike Traceur, the son of character Michael Knight, a new take on the original Knight Rider series.
Bruening was born in Chadron, Nebraska. Raised in the small town of St. Helena, Nebraska (a then-population of 85).Following graduation, Bruening moved to San Diego, California. It was there that he was discovered by Sue Nessel, a talent scout for Scott Copeland International, at McDonald's in Escondido just north of San Diego. Soon there after, Copeland got him his first modeling job for Abercrombie & Fitch.
Following his first commercial job, Bruening was encouraged to study acting by Copeland and was noticed by All My Children casting director Judy Wilson. Bruening originally auditioned for the role of JR Chandler on All My Children, but was eventually cast in the role of James "Jamie" Martin in July 2003. For a brief time, in 2004 and 2005, Bruening also portrayed Jamie Martin on One Life to Live during a crossover storyline. During his role of Jamie, Bruening was featured as Daytime's Hottest Star in Teen People, Us Weekly, Star and J-14 magazines.
In addition to his work on soap operas, he has had a guest appearance on Hope & Faith and a small part in the film Fat Girls. He was up for the role of Superman in Superman Returns, but the part was won by Brandon Routh instead. He also appeared in the Britney Spears music video "Boys". On October 21, 2007 he appeared on CBS's Cold Case, in the episode "Thick As Thieves".
On November 2, 2007, it was announced that Bruening would be starring in a new rendition of the original Knight Rider series, portraying the original Knight Rider's son, Mike Traceur, for a two-hour film on NBC. NBC decided after successful ratings for the film to continue the story as a series, and commissioned an official series for its debut for 2008-2009 television season.
Bruening stars in a new Hallmark Channel Original Movie The Thanksgiving House (2013). He plays Everett Mather who has evidence that Mary Ross (Emily Rose, Haven), her house is located on the site of the first Thanksgiving!
Bruening proposed to former All My Children co-star 'Alexa Havins' on the set of the soap opera. They were married on June 5, 2005. The two were friends first before becoming romantically involved. After Bruening left All My Children, Havins exited shortly after and the couple moved to Los Angeles. He and Havins welcomed their first child, daughter Lexington Grace Bruening (born August 9, 2010),
- He was slated for the role of J.R., but producers decided he was better suited for the role of Jamie.
- plays guitar
- Briefly attended Chadron State College in Chadron, Nebraska, a town of approximately 6,000, located in the northwestern panhandle, 19 miles south of the South Dakota border. When college is in session, it increases the population of the town by 3,000.
- Spent a summer inseminating animals on a farm. It turned out to be his worst job ever.
- Is married to Alexa Havins, his AMC co-star who plays Babe Carey-Chandler.
- Proposed in real life to his on screen, off screen love, 'Alexa Havins' (qv), who plays Babe Carey Chandler on _"All My Children" (1970)_ (qv).
- Trained with Caymichael Patten in New York.
- A former model. He was discovered at a McDonalds in San Diego.