Mar. 9th, 1964
Juliette Binoche's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Paris
2007 - Le Voyage du ballon rouge
2007 - Dan in Real Life
2006 - Breaking And Entering
2006 - Paris, je t'aime
2005 - Bee Season
2005 - Hidden
2000 - La veuve de Saint-Pierre
2000 - Chocolat
1996 - The English Patient
1996 - Un divan à New York
1995 - Le hussard sur le toit
1992 - Damage
1991 - Les Amants du Pont-Neuf
1988 - The Unbearable Lightness of Being
1985 - Rendez-vous
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
Juliette Binoche, daughter of an actress and a sculptor, was only 23 when she first attracted the attention of international film critics with The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988). Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times film critic with an international following of his books on film and TV reviews, wrote that she was "almost ethereal in her beauty and innocence". That innocence was gone by the time Binoche completed Louis Malle's Damage (1992) (aka "Fatale"). In an interview after the film was released, Binoche said: "Malle was trying direct and wanted something more sophisticated". A year later, Krzysztof Kieslowski's Trois couleurs: Bleu (1993) was added to her film credits. After a sabbatical from film-making to become a mother in 1994, Binoche was selected as the heroine of France's most expensive ($35 million) movie ever: Le hussard sur le toit (1995). More recently, she has made The English Patient (1996), for which she won an Oscar for 'Best supporting actress' and Chocolat (2000).
- In Jan 2003 she became the new face for Italian Pret-a-Porter line, Gentryportofino.
- Last name is pronounced "Bee-nosh".
- Turned down the lead in _Jurassic Park (1993)_ (qv)
- As of 2007, her companion is 'Santiago Amigorena' (qv).
- Graduated from the CNSAD (National Conservatory of Dramatic Art of Paris)
- Appears on the cover of Lauren Lawrence's book "Private Dreams of Public people"
- Had a daughter, Hannah, with French actor 'Benoît Magimel' (qv), born in December 16th 1999.
- She was the companion of 'Olivier Martinez (I)' (qv) between 1994 and 1997.