Sep. 7th, 1950
Los Angeles, California, USA
Julie Kavner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Julie Kavner is an American film and television actress, comedian and voice artist. Noted for her role as Marge Simpson on the animated television series The Simpsons.
- Graduated from San Diego State University along with actor Carl Weathers in 1971.
- Has a daughter born 1984.
- Julie went in to audition for a guest spot on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. They loved her, but felt she wasn't right for the part. When 'Rhoda' was created, they knew they wanted her for the part of Brenda. The role was written with her in mind.
- Attended Camp JCA in Barton Flats, California for several summers.
- Made her first great personal hit in Los Angeles "Little Theatre" in 'Robert Patrick (III)' (qv)'s "Cheep Theatricks" singing a mock-ecological song called "Don't Poison the Piranhas".
- Attended Beverly Hills High School.
- Will not allow cameras to film her doing the voices of the Simpsons characters.
- Went to the same High School as Angelina Jolie, Michael Klesic, Nicolas Cage, Corben Bernsen, Lenny Kravitz, David Schwimmer, Jonathan Silverman, and Richard Dreyfuss.