Jun. 8th, 1966
Spring Valley, New York, USA
Julianna Margulies' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Julianna Luisa Margulies (born June 8, 1966) is an American actress and producer.
Born in Spring Valley (near New York City) as youngest of three daughters of a former dancer in American Ballet and an advertising writer. Until beginning high school in New Hampshire at 14, she lived several years with her family in Paris and in England. Obtained a B.A. degree in liberal arts from Sarah Lawrence College, where she appeared in several plays on campus.
Until her first role in Out for Justice (1991) she jobbed as waitress. It took more than a year to find another role; during that time she managed to support herself from several regional theater productions and national TV ads. Until she became regular in ER (1994), she guest starred in several TV shows and a pilot.
In 2009, Margulies began starring in the CBS legal drama The Good Wife. She plays Alicia Florrick, an attorney returning to legal practice after her husband Peter Florrick (played by Chris Noth) resigned as Illinois State's Attorney amidst a sex and corruption scandal. In 2011, by the third season, she has been listed as a producer of The Good Wife.
Margulies and actor 'Ron Eldard' dated for over a decade, before splitting in 2003. Margulies and attorney Keith Lieberthal were married (November 10, 2007) in Lenox, Massachusetts. They have one child. Margulies's father-in-law is Kenneth Lieberthal.
- Is left handed.
- Has a B.A. degree in liberal arts from Sarah Lawrence College.
- Met her former boyfriend, 'Ron Eldard' (qv), in an acting class in 1991. They broke up in 2003.
- Attended grade School at Green Meadow School in Spring Valley.
- Was offered one million dollars be in _Anaconda (1997)_ (qv).
- Offered a role in _Face/Off (1997)_ (qv) but turned it down.
- Was offered $27 million to renew her contract with _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) but turned it down so she could move back to NYC and work in the theater.
- Majored in art history at Sarah Lawrence College; spent junior year abroad in Florence, Italy.