Jun. 8th, 1966
Spring Valley, New York, USA
Julianna Margulies' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Julianna Luisa Margulies (born June 8, 1966) is an American actress and producer.
Born in Spring Valley (near New York City) as youngest of three daughters of a former dancer in American Ballet and an advertising writer. Until beginning high school in New Hampshire at 14, she lived several years with her family in Paris and in England. Obtained a B.A. degree in liberal arts from Sarah Lawrence College, where she appeared in several plays on campus.
Until her first role in Out for Justice (1991) she jobbed as waitress. It took more than a year to find another role; during that time she managed to support herself from several regional theater productions and national TV ads. Until she became regular in ER (1994), she guest starred in several TV shows and a pilot.
In 2009, Margulies began starring in the CBS legal drama The Good Wife. She plays Alicia Florrick, an attorney returning to legal practice after her husband Peter Florrick (played by Chris Noth) resigned as Illinois State's Attorney amidst a sex and corruption scandal. In 2011, by the third season, she has been listed as a producer of The Good Wife.
Margulies and actor 'Ron Eldard' dated for over a decade, before splitting in 2003. Margulies and attorney Keith Lieberthal were married (November 10, 2007) in Lenox, Massachusetts. They have one child. Margulies's father-in-law is Kenneth Lieberthal.
- Born to Paul Margulies, an advertising writer, best known for an Alka-Seltzer catch phrase, and his wife Francesca, a ballet dancer, she is the youngest of three daughters.
- Has 2 Abyssinian cats.
- Met her former boyfriend, 'Ron Eldard' (qv), in an acting class in 1991. They broke up in 2003.
- Wedding dress was designed by 'Narciso Rodríguez (I)' (qv).
- Julianna is the only cast member of _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) to have ever received an Emmy Award, plus she has been awarded the Screen Actors Guild Award for "Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series" two years in a row (1998 and 1999).
- Julianna and her husband, Keith Lieberthal, became the parents of a boy, Kieran Lindsay Lieberthal, on January 17, 2008.
- Her parents are Jewish, although her mother converted to Christianity when Julianna was five years old.
- Majored in art history at Sarah Lawrence College; spent junior year abroad in Florence, Italy.