Jun. 8th, 1966
Spring Valley, New York, USA
Julianna Margulies' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - City Island
2006 - The Darwin Awards
2006 - Beautiful Ohio
2006 - Snakes on a Plane
2005 - Slingshot
2002 - Ghost Ship
2002 - Evelyn
2001 - The Man from Elysian Fields
2000 - Dinosaur
1998 - A Price Above Rubies
1998 - The Newton Boys
1991 - Out For Justice
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Ruth Mendoza
Herself - Host
Born in Spring Valley (near New York City) as youngest of three daughters of a former dancer in American Ballet and an advertising writer. Until beginning high school in New Hampshire at 14, she lived several years with her family in Paris and in England. Obtained a B.A. degree in liberal arts from Sarah Lawrence College, where she appeared in several plays on campus. Until her first role in Out for Justice (1991) she jobbed as waitress. It took more than a year to find another role; during that time she managed to support herself from several regional theater productions and national TV ads. Until she became regular in "ER" (1994), she guest starred in several TV shows and a pilot.
- One of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People in the World" (1998).
- Wedding dress was designed by 'Narciso Rodríguez (I)' (qv).
- Has 2 Abyssinian cats.
- Was offered $27 million to renew her contract with _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) but turned it down so she could move back to NYC and work in the theater.
- Majored in art history at Sarah Lawrence College; spent junior year abroad in Florence, Italy.
- Is left handed.
- Julianna's sister, 'Alexandra Margulies' (qv), appeared as a stewardess in her final episode of _"ER" (1994)_ (qv).
- Born to Paul Margulies, an advertising writer, best known for an Alka-Seltzer catch phrase, and his wife Francesca, a ballet dancer, she is the youngest of three daughters.