Jan. 13th, 1961
New York City, New York, USA
5' 2 1/2"
Julia Louis-Dreyfus' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Naqoyqatsi
1998 - A Bug's Life
1997 - Deconstructing Harry
1997 - Fathers' Day
1994 - North
1993 - Jack the Bear
1989 - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
1986 - Hannah And Her Sisters
1986 - Soul Man
1986 - Troll
Guest TV Roles
Julia Louis-Dreyfus was born on January 13, 1961, in the New York City borough of Manhattan. Her parents divorced when she was still young, and she spent her childhood in Washington, D.C., and New York. She met her husband, Brad Hall (I), while in college.
She made her feature movie debut in the Woody Allen film Hannah and Her Sisters (1986). She currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband and their two children.
- Fought NBC censors to allow a scene where a man runs around his house completely naked in front of Ellie (Julia's character on _"Watching Ellie" (2002)_ (qv)). She won.
- Both her parents remarried after their divorce, and she has two half-sisters from her mother's second marriage and two half-sisters from her father's second marriage. She considers both her step-parents to be as important in her life as her biological parents.
- (1998) Chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- Half-sister, 'Lauren Bowles' (qv), acts with her in _"Watching Ellie" (2002)_ (qv).
- In college, she was a member of the Delta Gamma sorority.
- Is included in 'Richard Roeper' (qv)'s list of actresses who've never done nude scenes in his latest book, "Ten Sure Signs a Movie Character is Doomed, and Other Surprising Movie Lists". When asked about this by 'Conan O'Brien' (qv), Dreyfus stated that she'd never been asked to do one.
- She and her future husband, 'Brad Hall (I)' (qv) (a year before they were married in 1987) made their feature film debut together as a couple in the fantasy horror movie _Troll (1986)_ (qv).
- Met her husband, 'Brad Hall (I)' (qv), while both were attending Northwestern University (Evanston, Illinois). She graduated in 1982.