Sep. 4th, 1951
El Paso, Texas, USA
Judith Ivey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Flags of Our Fathers
1999 - Mystery, Alaska
1998 - Without Limits
1997 - The Devil's Advocate
1997 - Washington Square
1997 - A Life Less Ordinary
1990 - Everybody Wins
1989 - In Country
1987 - Hello Again
1986 - Brighton Beach Memoirs
1984 - The Lonely Guy
1984 - The Woman in Red
Guest TV Roles
Mother Mirabelle (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- She was nominated for a 1978 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Principal Role in a Play for "The Goodbye People" at the Northlight Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Studied acting at Illinois State University.
- Discovered her love for drama when she acted in a high school production of "The Man Who Came to Dinner".
- Has twice won Broadway's Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Play): in 1983 for "Steaming" and in 1985 for 'David Rabe' (qv)'s "Hurlyburly." She was also nominated as Best Actress (Play) in 1992 for "Park Your Car in Harvard Yard".
- She was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in March 2004 in Austin, Texas.
- She was nominated for a 2008 Joseph Jefferson Award for Solo Performance for the play, "The Lady With All the Answers" at the Northlight Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- She appeared in numerous TV commercials for products such as Greyhound buses, StaPuf fabric softener, Red Lobster restaurants and Gerber baby food.
- Worked at both 'Joseph Papp' (qv)'s Public Theater in New York and the Goodman Theater in Chicago after graduating from college.
Related sites for this celeb