Dec. 29th, 1972
Lewisham, South London, England, UK
Jude Law's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2016 - Genius
2015 - Black Sea
2015 - Spy
2014 - Dom Hemingway
2014 - The Grand Budapest Hotel
2013 - Side Effects
2012 - Rise of the Guardians
2012 - 360
2012 - Anna Karenina
2011 - Contagion
2011 - Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
2010 - Repo Men
2010 - Exit Through the Gift Shop
2009 - The Day After Peace
2009 - Sherlock Holmes
2009 - The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
2007 - Sleuth
2007 - My Blueberry Nights
2006 - The Holiday
2006 - All the King's Men
2006 - Breaking And Entering
2004 - Closer
2004 - Alfie
2004 - I Heart Huckabees
2004 - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
2004 - The Aviator
2003 - Cold Mountain
2002 - Road to Perdition
2001 - Artificial Intelligence: AI
2001 - Enemy at the Gates
2000 - Love, Honour and Obey
1999 - eXistenZ
1999 - The Talented Mr. Ripley
1998 - The Wisdom of Crocodiles
1997 - Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
1997 - Bent
1997 - Wilde
1997 - Gattaca
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Host
Himself - Actor (segment "Live from New York")
Himself - Guest
David Jude Heyworth Law (born December 29, 1972), known professionally as Jude Law, is an English actor, film producer and director.
Born in Lewisham, South London, the second child of comprehensive school teachers Margaret Anne (née Heyworth) and Peter Robert Law; his father later became, according to Law, "the youngest headmaster in London". He has a sister, Natasha. Law was named after a "bit of both" the book Jude the Obscure and the Beatles song "Hey Jude" He grew up in Blackheath, an area in the Borough of Greenwich, and was educated at John Ball Primary School in Blackheath and Kidbrooke School, before attending Alleyn's School.
He started acting with the National Youth Music Theatre at the age of 12 and, at 17, he dropped out of school completely, to star in a Granada daytime TV Soap called Families (1990).
In 1992, Law began his stage career. He starred in many plays throughout London, and was nominated for the 'Laurence Olivier' Award of Outstanding Newcomer. After doing the play Indiscretions in London, he moved and did it again on Broadway. This time, he was alongside 'Kathleen Turner'. He then received a Tony Nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor. He was then rewarded the Theatre World Award. After Broadway, Law started on the big screen, in many independent films.
His first big named movie was Gattaca (1997), with 'Uma Thurman' and 'Ethan Hawke'. He also had a good role in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997). Law's latest rise to fame has been because of The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), in which he plays 'Matt Damon' obsession. The film did very well at the box office, and critics loved the acting of Law. He is also a partner in the production company Natural Nylon. His partners include 'Jonny Lee Miller', 'Ewan McGregor' and Sadie Frost. With his production company producing and Law acting, his career seems to be on the rise.
He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1999 for his performance in Anthony Minghella's psychological thriller The Talented Mr. Ripley. In 2000, he won a Best Supporting Actor BAFTA Award for his work in the film. In 2003, he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance in another Minghella film, the epic war drama film Cold Mountain.
In 2006, he portrayed the role of Kate Winslet's single-parent brother in the film The Holiday, a modern day American romantic comedy. He is also known for his role as Dr. John Watson in the 2009 action mystery films Sherlock Holmes and its 2011 sequel, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
Law met actress 'Sadie Frost' while working on the film Shopping. They married on (September 2, 1997) and divorced (October 2003). He has "three" children with Frost: son Rafferty (born 1996), daughter Iris (born 2000), and son Rudy (born 2002).
While making the film Alfie in late 2003, Law and co-star Sienna Miller began a relationship, becoming engaged on Christmas Day 2004. On July 8, 2005, Law issued a public apology to Miller for having an affair with the nanny of his children. It was also reported at the time that Miller had been having an affair with 'Daniel Craig'. Miller and Law separated in November 2006.
On July 29, 2009, it was announced that Law would become a father for the "fourth" time following a brief relationship with American model Samantha Burke in 2008. Burke gave birth to a daughter, Sophia (b. September 2009) in New York.
In December 2009, it was reported that Law and Miller had rekindled their relationship after starring in separate shows on Broadway in late 2009. They spent Christmas 2009 in Barbados, along with three of Law's children. They announced they had split again in February 2011.
In October 2014, Law announced that he was expecting a "fifth" child with Catherine Harding, with whom Law was "no longer in a relationship". Harding gave birth to their child, a daughter, (March 2015).
- Became engaged to actress 'Sienna Miller' (qv) in January 2005. In July 2005, she ended the engagement and he publicly apologized for cheating on her with nanny Daisy Wright. They reconciled briefly and broke up again in 2006.
- (August 2009) Model Samantha Burke revealed that she is seven months pregnant with a baby girl by Law. They met each other outside of a New York night club while Law was shooting _Sherlock Holmes (2009)_ (qv) and had a very short relationship that was already over by the time Burke discovered she was pregnant.
- Is a former partner in the production company Natural Nylon.
- Has done 2 movies with director 'Anthony Minghella' (qv), _The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)_ (qv) and _Cold Mountain (2003)_ (qv), and got Oscar nominations for both. He is now doing a third movie with Minghella, _Breaking and Entering (2006)_ (qv).
- Dropped out of school at age 17, to star in the daytime soap _"Families" (1990)_ (qv).
- Originally was godfather of 'Kate Moss' (qv)' daughter Lila, but when he got divorced from 'Sadie Frost' (qv), with whom Moss was close friends with, she relieved him of all duties.
- Jude's parents, 'Peter Law' (qv) & Maggie Law, were school teachers, but now run a theater company in France. He has one older sister, Natasha, who is a photographer.
- Band Brand New has a song named after him, titled 'Jude Law and a Semester Abroad', featured on their album Your Favorite Weapon.