Dec. 29th, 1972
Lewisham, London, England, UK
Jude Law's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Contagion
2011 - Hugo Cabret
2010 - Repo Men
2009 - Sherlock Holmes
2009 - The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
2007 - Sleuth
2007 - My Blueberry Nights
2006 - Breaking And Entering
2006 - All the King's Men
2006 - The Holiday
2004 - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
2004 - Alfie
2004 - Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
2004 - I Heart Huckabees
2004 - The Aviator
2004 - Closer
2003 - Cold Mountain
2002 - Road to Perdition
2001 - Enemy at the Gates
2001 - Artificial Intelligence: AI
2000 - Love, Honour and Obey
1999 - eXistenZ
1999 - The Talented Mr. Ripley
1998 - Music From Another Room
1998 - The Wisdom of Crocodiles
1997 - Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
1997 - Gattaca
1997 - Bent
1997 - Wilde
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Actor (segment "Live from New York")
Jude Law was born December 29, 1972 in south east London. He started acting with the National Youth Music Theatre at the age of 12 and, at 17, he dropped out of school completely, to star in a Granada daytime TV Soap called "Families" (1990). In 1992, Jude began his stage career. He starred in many plays throughout London, and was nominated for the Laurence Olivier Award of "Outstanding Newcomer". After doing the play "Indiscretions" in London, he moved and did it again on Broadway. This time, he was alongside Kathleen Turner (I). He then received a Tony Nomination for "Outstanding Supporting Actor". He was then rewarded the Theatre World Award. After Broadway, Jude started on the big screen, in many independent films. His first big named movie was Gattaca (1997), with Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. He also had a good role in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997). Jude's latest rise to fame has been because of The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), in which he plays Matt Damon's obsession. The film did very well at the box office, and critics loved the acting of Jude. He is also a partner in the production company "Natural Nylon". His partners include Jonny Lee Miller, Ewan McGregor and his ex-wife Sadie Frost. With his production company producing and Jude acting, his career seems to be on the rise.
- He and his ex-wife 'Sadie Frost' (qv) fought a custody battle for over 2 years.
- Was originally considered for the role of Shinzon of Remus in _Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)_ (qv).
- Former roommate of 'Ewan McGregor' (qv).
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1995 Tony Award as Best Actor (Featured Role - Play) for "Indiscretions."
- In 2007, he spent 10 days in Afghanistan touring the country and filming a documentary.
- Has a tattoo on his left forearm of words from a Beatles song, "Sexy Sadie", which states "You came along to turn on everyone Sexy Sadie", representing his ex-wife 'Sadie Frost' (qv).
- Broke a rib after falling backwards while filming the murder scene on the boat in the movie _The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)_ (qv).
- Was the host of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) the night of the infamous 'Ashlee Simpson-Wentz' (qv) incident.