Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Claimed on his Myspace that his influences are 'Hal Ashby' (qv), 'Garry Shandling' (qv), 'Cameron Crowe (I)' (qv), 'James L. Brooks' (qv), 'David Chase (II)' (qv) and 'John Cassavetes (I)' (qv).
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- Came to Hollywood at 17.
- The daughter of a record executive, his mother, drove a red corvette in high school.
- His first job was as a dishwasher in a comedy club, which he took so that he could meet stand-up comics.
- One of 105 people invited to join AMPAS in 2008.
- Judd's mother, Tami, attended the same high school and was good friends with Marilyn Berliner who is the aunt of 'Shane Stanley' (qv).
- When he won an award for _The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)_ (qv) at the 10th Broadcast Film Critic Awards he stated 'Garry Shandling' (qv) taught him how to write.