Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Misery Loves Comedy
2013 - Salinger
2011 - Zookeeper
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
1995 - Heavy Weights
Guest TV Roles
Freaks and Geeks
Himself - Guest
Himself - Writer
- Judd's grandparents on his father, Maury's side owned a pharmacy.
- While in high school, he started a radio show on the campus station. The show gave him an excuse to seek out and interview comedians such as 'Jerry Seinfeld' (qv), 'Jay Leno' (qv) and 'Garry Shandling' (qv). Several years later, Shandling would hire him to write for _"The Larry Sanders Show" (1992)_ (qv).
- His number-one idol is 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv).
- His first job was as a dishwasher in a comedy club, which he took so that he could meet stand-up comics.
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- Some of his favorite movies are The Last Detail (1973), Harold and Maude (1971), Being There (1979), Terms of Endearment (1983), Broadcast News (1987), Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995), Tootsie (1982), Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) and Punch-Drunk Love (2002).
- His favorite comedy film is _Young Frankenstein (1974)_ (qv).
- Discovered 'Seth Rogen' (qv).