Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- 2007 - Ranked #1 on EW's The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.
- Some of his favorite movies are The Last Detail (1973), Harold and Maude (1971), Being There (1979), Terms of Endearment (1983), Broadcast News (1987), Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995), Tootsie (1982), Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) and Punch-Drunk Love (2002).
- Was once a roommate of 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv).
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- Stated on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv) that he and actor 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv) were roommates during Sandler's stint on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- When he won an award for _The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)_ (qv) at the 10th Broadcast Film Critic Awards he stated 'Garry Shandling' (qv) taught him how to write.
- Discovered 'Seth Rogen' (qv).
- His first job was as a dishwasher in a comedy club, which he took so that he could meet stand-up comics.