Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of the National Lampoon
2014 - Misery Loves Comedy
2013 - Salinger
2011 - Zookeeper
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
1995 - Heavy Weights
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Judd Apatow (Voiced)
Himself - Filmmaker (segment "Judd Apatow")
Goofy Ball (Voiced)
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- The daughter of a record executive, his mother, drove a red corvette in high school.
- His favorite comedy film is _Young Frankenstein (1974)_ (qv).
- 2007 - Ranked #1 on EW's The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.
- Came to Hollywood at 17.
- Stated on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv) that he and actor 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv) were roommates during Sandler's stint on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- Judd's grandfather was Bob Shad, a famous music producer and record label owner in the 1940s - 1960s.
- Some of his favorite movies are The Last Detail (1973), Harold and Maude (1971), Being There (1979), Terms of Endearment (1983), Broadcast News (1987), Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995), Tootsie (1982), Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) and Punch-Drunk Love (2002).