Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Misery Loves Comedy
2013 - Salinger
2011 - Zookeeper
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
1995 - Heavy Weights
Guest TV Roles
Freaks and Geeks
Himself - Guest
Himself - Writer
Himself - Special Guest
- One of 105 people invited to join AMPAS in 2008.
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- While in high school, he started a radio show on the campus station. The show gave him an excuse to seek out and interview comedians such as 'Jerry Seinfeld' (qv), 'Jay Leno' (qv) and 'Garry Shandling' (qv). Several years later, Shandling would hire him to write for _"The Larry Sanders Show" (1992)_ (qv).
- Stated on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv) that he and actor 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv) were roommates during Sandler's stint on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- The daughter of a record executive, his mother, drove a red corvette in high school.
- Discovered 'Seth Rogen' (qv).
- Has two daughters, 'Maude Apatow' (qv) and Iris Apatow, with wife 'Leslie Mann' (qv).
- His first job was as a dishwasher in a comedy club, which he took so that he could meet stand-up comics.