Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Misery Loves Comedy
2013 - Salinger
2011 - Zookeeper
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
1995 - Heavy Weights
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Writer
Himself - Director
Himself - Special Guest
Judd Apatow (Voiced)
Himself - Filmmaker (segment "Judd Apatow")
- His favorite comedy film is _Young Frankenstein (1974)_ (qv).
- Discovered 'Jay Baruchel' (qv).
- The daughter of a record executive, his mother, drove a red corvette in high school.
- Judd's grandparents on his father, Maury's side owned a pharmacy.
- Claimed on his Myspace that his influences are 'Hal Ashby' (qv), 'Garry Shandling' (qv), 'Cameron Crowe (I)' (qv), 'James L. Brooks' (qv), 'David Chase (II)' (qv) and 'John Cassavetes (I)' (qv).
- Came to Hollywood at 17.
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- When he won an award for _The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)_ (qv) at the 10th Broadcast Film Critic Awards he stated 'Garry Shandling' (qv) taught him how to write.