Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
1995 - Heavy Weights
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest Host
Judd Apatow (Voiced)
Himself - Filmmaker (segment "Judd Apatow")
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- His first job was as a dishwasher in a comedy club, which he took so that he could meet stand-up comics.
- Stated on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv) that he and actor 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv) were roommates during Sandler's stint on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- Judd's mother, Tami, attended the same high school and was good friends with Marilyn Berliner who is the aunt of 'Shane Stanley' (qv).
- Claimed on his Myspace that his influences are 'Hal Ashby' (qv), 'Garry Shandling' (qv), 'Cameron Crowe (I)' (qv), 'James L. Brooks' (qv), 'David Chase (II)' (qv) and 'John Cassavetes (I)' (qv).
- His number-one idol is 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv).
- Discovered 'Jay Baruchel' (qv).
- Some of his favorite movies are The Last Detail (1973), Harold and Maude (1971), Being There (1979), Terms of Endearment (1983), Broadcast News (1987), Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995), Tootsie (1982), Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) and Punch-Drunk Love (2002).