Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Salinger
2011 - Zookeeper
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
1995 - Heavy Weights
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Claimed on his Myspace that his influences are 'Hal Ashby' (qv), 'Garry Shandling' (qv), 'Cameron Crowe (I)' (qv), 'James L. Brooks' (qv), 'David Chase (II)' (qv) and 'John Cassavetes (I)' (qv).
- Discovered 'Jay Baruchel' (qv).
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- Judd's grandfather was Bob Shad, a famous music producer and record label owner in the 1940s - 1960s.
- When he won an award for _The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)_ (qv) at the 10th Broadcast Film Critic Awards he stated 'Garry Shandling' (qv) taught him how to write.
- While in high school, he started a radio show on the campus station. The show gave him an excuse to seek out and interview comedians such as 'Jerry Seinfeld' (qv), 'Jay Leno' (qv) and 'Garry Shandling' (qv). Several years later, Shandling would hire him to write for _"The Larry Sanders Show" (1992)_ (qv).
- Judd's grandparents on his father, Maury's side owned a pharmacy.
- His first job was as a dishwasher in a comedy club, which he took so that he could meet stand-up comics.