Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- One of 105 people invited to join AMPAS in 2008.
- Judd's grandfather was Bob Shad, a famous music producer and record label owner in the 1940s - 1960s.
- Discovered 'Seth Rogen' (qv).
- _Brokeback Mountain (2005)_ (qv) is amongst his favorite films.
- His first job was as a dishwasher in a comedy club, which he took so that he could meet stand-up comics.
- Has two daughters, 'Maude Apatow' (qv) and Iris Apatow, with wife 'Leslie Mann' (qv).
- Stated on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv) that he and actor 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv) were roommates during Sandler's stint on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).