Dec. 6th, 1967
Syosset, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Judd Apatow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Salinger
2011 - Zookeeper
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
1995 - Heavy Weights
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- _Brokeback Mountain (2005)_ (qv) is amongst his favorite films.
- His number-one idol is 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv).
- Before he was famous, he asked his comedy hero, 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv), for his autograph, but Martin refused (he didn't give autographs at his home). Afterwords, Apatow wrote him a nasty letter with some nicely placed profanity. In response, Martin sent him a copy of his book, "Cruel Shoes." The inscription read: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to THE Judd Apatow".
- Judd's grandparents on his father, Maury's side owned a pharmacy.
- His favorite comedy film is _Young Frankenstein (1974)_ (qv).
- Judd's grandfather was Bob Shad, a famous music producer and record label owner in the 1940s - 1960s.
- Was once a roommate of 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv).
- Claimed on his Myspace that his influences are 'Hal Ashby' (qv), 'Garry Shandling' (qv), 'Cameron Crowe (I)' (qv), 'James L. Brooks' (qv), 'David Chase (II)' (qv) and 'John Cassavetes (I)' (qv).