Jan. 17th, 1966
New York City, New York, USA
Joshua Malina's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1998 - Bulworth
1996 - Infinity
1995 - The American President
1993 - In the Line of Fire
1993 - Malice
1992 - A Few Good Men
Guest TV Roles
Assistant Chief James Guthrie
Joshua Charles Malina is an American film and stage actor. He is best known for portraying Will Bailey on the NBC drama The West Wing, Jeremy Goodwin on Sports Night and David Rosen on Scandal.
- 1988: Graduated from Yale as a Theater Studies major.
- Latest in a string of actors who appeared in _The American President (1995)_ (qv) to join the cast of _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv), following 'Martin Sheen' (qv), 'Nina Siemaszko' (qv), 'Anna Deavere Smith' (qv) and "President" writer 'Aaron Sorkin' (qv), who had a cameo appearance and later created and is executive producer of "The West Wing".
- Came in sixth (out of 1,191 players) in the first event of the 2008 LA Poker Classic at Commerce Casino, for a win of over 11 thousand dollars.
- One of the executive producers of the new Bravo series _"Celebrity Poker Showdown" (2003)_ (qv) .
- While in the cast of 'Aaron Sorkin' (qv)'s Broadway play "A Few Good Men," he and Sorkin were members of a bowling league composed of cast and crew from Broadway shows. One night Sorkin bought the team a tray of hamburgers and, while trying to entertain the group, started to choke on a bite of one. Although he did not know how to perform the Heimlich Maneuver, Malina attempted to perform it on Sorkin, dislodging the burger and breaking three of Sorkin's ribs in the process.
- Has a daughter named Isabel, and a son named Avi.
- Attended Horace Mann School in Riverdale, New York (Class of '84).
- Avid poker player. Played to pay for rent when he struggled as an actor.