Jan. 17th, 1966
New York City, New York, USA
Joshua Malina's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Joshua Charles Malina (born January 17, 1966) is an American film and stage actor. He is best known for portraying Will Bailey on the NBC drama The West Wing, Jeremy Goodwin on Sports Night and David Rosen on Scandal.
- Brother-in-law of _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv) cast mate 'Timothy Busfield' (qv). Malina's wife, 'Melissa Merwin' (qv), is the sister of Busfield's wife, Jenny Merwin.
- Avid poker player. Played to pay for rent when he struggled as an actor.
- Malina told an audience at the University of Florida that early in his career, he was not allowed to audition for a pizza commercial that took place during Passover, because the casting agents wanted him actually to eat the pizza. He refused, because pizza dough is leavened, rendering it not kosher for Passover. Malina offered to mime eating the pizza instead, but the advertiser's casting agents insisted that he had to eat the pizza or he would not be able to audition.
- Attended Horace Mann School in Riverdale, New York (Class of '84).
- Came in sixth (out of 1,191 players) in the first event of the 2008 LA Poker Classic at Commerce Casino, for a win of over 11 thousand dollars.
- Has a daughter named Isabel, and a son named Avi.
- 1988: Graduated from Yale as a Theater Studies major.
- One of the executive producers of the new Bravo series _"Celebrity Poker Showdown" (2003)_ (qv) .