Jan. 17th, 1966
New York City, New York, USA
Joshua Malina's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Joshua Charles Malina (born January 17, 1966) is an American film and stage actor. He is best known for portraying Will Bailey on the NBC drama The West Wing, Jeremy Goodwin on Sports Night and David Rosen on Scandal.
- Came in sixth (out of 1,191 players) in the first event of the 2008 LA Poker Classic at Commerce Casino, for a win of over 11 thousand dollars.
- Brother-in-law of _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv) cast mate 'Timothy Busfield' (qv). Malina's wife, 'Melissa Merwin' (qv), is the sister of Busfield's wife, Jenny Merwin.
- 1988: Graduated from Yale as a Theater Studies major.
- One of the executive producers of the new Bravo series _"Celebrity Poker Showdown" (2003)_ (qv) .
- While in the cast of 'Aaron Sorkin' (qv)'s Broadway play "A Few Good Men," he and Sorkin were members of a bowling league composed of cast and crew from Broadway shows. One night Sorkin bought the team a tray of hamburgers and, while trying to entertain the group, started to choke on a bite of one. Although he did not know how to perform the Heimlich Maneuver, Malina attempted to perform it on Sorkin, dislodging the burger and breaking three of Sorkin's ribs in the process.
- Has a daughter named Isabel, and a son named Avi.
- Avid poker player. Played to pay for rent when he struggled as an actor.
- Attended Horace Mann School in Riverdale, New York (Class of '84).