Jan. 17th, 1966
New York City, New York, USA
Joshua Malina's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1998 - Bulworth
1996 - Infinity
1995 - The American President
1993 - In the Line of Fire
1993 - Malice
1992 - A Few Good Men
Guest TV Roles
Assistant Chief James Guthrie
Joshua Charles Malina (born January 17, 1966) is an American film and stage actor. He is best known for portraying Will Bailey on the NBC drama The West Wing, Jeremy Goodwin on Sports Night and David Rosen on Scandal.
- Has a daughter named Isabel, and a son named Avi.
- Latest in a string of actors who appeared in _The American President (1995)_ (qv) to join the cast of _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv), following 'Martin Sheen' (qv), 'Nina Siemaszko' (qv), 'Anna Deavere Smith' (qv) and "President" writer 'Aaron Sorkin' (qv), who had a cameo appearance and later created and is executive producer of "The West Wing".
- Attended Horace Mann School in Riverdale, New York (Class of '84).
- One of the executive producers of the new Bravo series _"Celebrity Poker Showdown" (2003)_ (qv) .
- Came in sixth (out of 1,191 players) in the first event of the 2008 LA Poker Classic at Commerce Casino, for a win of over 11 thousand dollars.
- While in the cast of 'Aaron Sorkin' (qv)'s Broadway play "A Few Good Men," he and Sorkin were members of a bowling league composed of cast and crew from Broadway shows. One night Sorkin bought the team a tray of hamburgers and, while trying to entertain the group, started to choke on a bite of one. Although he did not know how to perform the Heimlich Maneuver, Malina attempted to perform it on Sorkin, dislodging the burger and breaking three of Sorkin's ribs in the process.
- Avid poker player. Played to pay for rent when he struggled as an actor.
- Malina told an audience at the University of Florida that early in his career, he was not allowed to audition for a pizza commercial that took place during Passover, because the casting agents wanted him actually to eat the pizza. He refused, because pizza dough is leavened, rendering it not kosher for Passover. Malina offered to mime eating the pizza instead, but the advertiser's casting agents insisted that he had to eat the pizza or he would not be able to audition.