Jul. 29th, 1974
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Josh Radnor's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden
2001 - Not Another Teen Movie
Guest TV Roles
Ted Mosby (Voiced)
In 2001, Radnor was cast as the lead in The WB series Off Centre. However, the role was re-cast with Eddie Kaye Thomas before the first episode aired. In 2002, he made his Broadway debut in the stage version of The Graduate, succeeding Jason Biggs, opposite Kathleen Turner and Alicia Silverstone. Since 2005, Radnor has starred in How I Met Your Mother, his biggest role to date. In July 2008, he starred opposite Jennifer Westfeldt in the premiere of the play Finks, written by Joe Gilford and directed by Charlie Stratton for New York Stage and Film. Radnor made his directorial debut with the film Happythankyoumoreplease, in which he was also the writer and star. His second film Liberal Arts, starring himself and Elizabeth Olsen, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 22, 2012.
- He has two sisters who live in southern and northern California, respectively.
- Attended Kenyon College with author John Green.
- Graduated from Bexley High School, class of 1992, and came back as a guest speaker for the 2008 graduating class.
- Made his Broadway debut in 2002 in the stage version of _The Graduate (1967)_ (qv), starring opposite 'Kathleen Turner (I)' (qv) and 'Alicia Silverstone' (qv).
- Is allergic to dogs.
- Originally cast as the American lead in the pilot of the WB sitcom _"Off Centre" (2001)_ (qv). The role was eventually played by 'Eddie Kaye Thomas' (qv).
- He has an M.F.A. in acting from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts.
- Attended Kenyon College, where he won the 'Paul Newman (I)' (qv) award from the theater department