Jun. 20th, 1971
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Josh Lucas' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Over his career, Josh Lucas has worked with many of the film community's greatest talents. He has starred alongside 'Jon Voight' in 'Jerry Bruckheimer' Glory Road (2006), for which Lucas added 40 pounds to transform himself into legendary basketball coach Don Haskins. Lucas also starred with 'Kurt Russell' and 'Richard Dreyfuss' in 'Wolfgang Petersen's Poseidon (2006). He starred with 'Morgan Freeman' and 'Robert Redford' in 'Lasse Hallstr�m''s An Unfinished Life (2005). He also starred opposite 'Jamie Bell' in 'David Gordon Green's Undertow (2004), which was also produced by 'Terrence Malick'. Additionally, Lucas worked alongside 'Christopher Walken' in Around the Bend (2004).
He performed with 'Jennifer Connelly' and 'Eric Bana' in 'Ang Lee's Hulk (2003). He was in Ron Howard's Oscar-winning A Beautiful Mind (2001) with 'Russell Crowe'. Plus, he starred opposite 'Reese Witherspoon' in the Walt Disney Company's smash hit Sweet Home Alabama (2002). Other credits include Wonderland (2003), The Deep End (2001), American Psycho (2000), Session 9 (2001), and You Can Count on Me (2000).
Lucas' theater credits include the recent off-Broadway run of "Spalding Gray: Stories Left to Tell"; Tennessee Williams' "The Glass Menagerie," which appeared on Broadway in 2005; Terrence McNally's "Corpus Christi" at the Manhattan Theater Club; Christopher Shinn's "What Didn't Happen"; and "The Picture of Dorian Gray."
Lucas recently completed his second collaboration with documentary filmmaker Ken Burns (I) on "The War" (2007). Lucas' other documentary work includes the upcoming Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience (2007), Trumbo (2007), and Resolved (2007).
Lucas recently completed his first venture into production with Stolen Lives (2009), in which he plays the single father of a mentally challenged boy. This film is the first project to be produced through Lucas' production company, Two Bridges.
Lucas resides in New York City.
- Brother of 'Devin Maurer' (qv)
- Was considered for the role of Captain Christopher Pike in _Star Trek (2009)_ (qv). However, 'Bruce Greenwood (I)' (qv) was cast instead.
- (2006) Announced the formation of his own production company, 2 Bridges Productions, with his brother Devin, as a co-producer and creative partner.
- Filmed his part in _Wonderland (2003)_ (qv) in seven days.
- Parents are Don and Michelle (LeFevre) Maurer. Father is an emergency room doctor; mother is a nurse and midwife. Michelle attended Emerson College with 'Jay Leno' (qv).
- Dated Alexa Davalos 2006-2008.
- Was injured severely enough to be hospitalized twice during the filming of _Poseidon (2006)_ (qv). First, co-star 'Kurt Russell (I)' (qv) accidentally hit him with a flashlight in the right eye during an underwater swimming sequence and the resulting cut required 16 stitches and several days off. The second and more serious injury occurred on the next-to-last day of filming when Josh fell 15-20 feet and tore ligaments and muscles in his left thumb, which required a 5-hour surgery to reattach the muscle and 6-8 weeks in a cast. He is still undergoing physical therapy and rehab to get more movement back in his thumb.
- Also has two sisters. One of whom, along with Josh, is in the research and planning stages of starting up Mighty's Fast Food, a restaurant that will promote healthier fare and use of organic, local produce.