Jun. 20th, 1971
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
5' 11 1/2
Josh Lucas' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Life as We Know It
2010 - Peacock
2009 - Tell-Tale
2008 - Death In Love
2007 - Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience
2006 - Glory Road
2006 - Poseidon
2005 - An Unfinished Life
2005 - Stealth
2004 - Undertow
2004 - Around The Bend
2003 - Secondhand Lions
2003 - Hulk
2003 - Wonderland
2002 - Sweet Home Alabama
2001 - The Deep End
2001 - Session 9
2001 - A Beautiful Mind
2000 - The Dancer
2000 - The Weight Of Water
2000 - American Psycho
2000 - You Can Count on Me
1996 - Thinner
1993 - Alive
Guest TV Roles
Bert Stiles (Voiced)
Over his career, Josh Lucas has worked with many of the film community's greatest talents. He has starred alongside 'Jon Voight' in 'Jerry Bruckheimer' _Glory Road (2006), for which Lucas added 40 pounds to transform himself into legendary basketball coach Don Haskins. Lucas also starred with Kurt Russell (I) and Richard Dreyfuss in Wolfgang Petersen (I)'s Poseidon (2006). He starred with Morgan Freeman (I) and Robert Redford (I) in Lasse Hallstr�m's An Unfinished Life (2005). He also starred opposite 'Jamie Bell' in 'David Gordon Green's Undertow (2004), which was also produced by 'Terrence Malick'. Additionally, Lucas worked alongside Christopher Walken in Around the Bend (2004).
He performed with 'Jennifer Connelly' and 'Eric Bana' in 'Ang Lee's Hulk (2003). He was in Ron Howard's Oscar-winning A Beautiful Mind (2001) with 'Russell Crowe'. Plus, he starred opposite 'Reese Witherspoon' in the Walt Disney Company's smash hit Sweet Home Alabama (2002)_ (qv). Other credits include Wonderland (2003), The Deep End (2001), American Psycho (2000), Session 9 (2001), and You Can Count on Me (2000).
Lucas' theater credits include the recent off-Broadway run of "Spalding Gray: Stories Left to Tell"; Tennessee Williams' "The Glass Menagerie," which appeared on Broadway in 2005; Terrence McNally's "Corpus Christi" at the Manhattan Theater Club; Christopher Shinn's "What Didn't Happen"; and "The Picture of Dorian Gray."
Lucas recently completed his second collaboration with documentary filmmaker Ken Burns (I) on "The War" (2007). Lucas' other documentary work includes the upcoming Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience (2007), Trumbo (2007), and Resolved (2007).
Lucas recently completed his first venture into production with Stolen Lives (2009), in which he plays the single father of a mentally challenged boy. This film is the first project to be produced through Lucas' production company, Two Bridges.
Lucas resides in New York City.
- His parents organized campaigns against nuclear power plants and, for his safety, moved 30 times before he was 13 years old.
- Born in Arkansas in 1971 and christened Joshua Lucas Easy Dent Maurer. His parents lived on an Native American reservation, and they named him based on things that happened there. His birth was so easy that the doctor hit his head on the bedpost and injured himself.
- Graduated from Gig Harbor High School in Gig Harbor, Washington, in 1989.
- (2006) Announced the formation of his own production company, 2 Bridges Productions, with his brother Devin, as a co-producer and creative partner.
- Was considered for the role of Captain Christopher Pike in _Star Trek (2009)_ (qv). However, 'Bruce Greenwood (I)' (qv) was cast instead.
- Brother of 'Devin Maurer' (qv)
- Dated Alexa Davalos 2006-2008.
- Was injured severely enough to be hospitalized twice during the filming of _Poseidon (2006)_ (qv). First, co-star 'Kurt Russell (I)' (qv) accidentally hit him with a flashlight in the right eye during an underwater swimming sequence and the resulting cut required 16 stitches and several days off. The second and more serious injury occurred on the next-to-last day of filming when Josh fell 15-20 feet and tore ligaments and muscles in his left thumb, which required a 5-hour surgery to reattach the muscle and 6-8 weeks in a cast. He is still undergoing physical therapy and rehab to get more movement back in his thumb.