Jul. 20th, 1969
San Jose, California, USA
Josh Holloway's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Sabotage
2013 - Paranoia
2013 - Battle of the Year: The Dream Team
2011 - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
2009 - Stay Cool
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Good Looking Guy
Josh Holloway (born July 20, 1969) is an American actor and model from Free Home, Georgia. He is best known for his role as James "Sawyer" Ford on the American television show Lost.
Born in San Jose, California, the second of four boys of a nurse mother and a surveyor father. His family moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia when he was two. In addition to his immediate family, Holloway has a large extended family that includes Baptist preacher Dr. Dale Holloway and author and World War II prisoner-of-war Carl Holloway. Holloway grew up in the small North Georgia town of Free Home and attended Cherokee High School in Canton, Georgia. He developed an interest in movies at a very young age. He studied at the University of Georgia for a year, but left to pursue a career as a model.
- His first job was picking up dead chickens at a farm.
- Had a successful career as a model until he got bitten by the acting bug and relocated to Los Angeles.
- Favorite foods are fried chicken and chocolate pie.
- Although born in California, his family moved to Georgia when he was a baby, and he still considers himself a "Blue Ridge Mountain boy."
- He is of Dutch and Scottish heritage.
- Very close friends with his Lost co-star 'Evangeline Lilly' (qv).
- Has earned his real estate license. He said that prior to Lost, he had considered quitting acting; he earned his license to have something to fall back on.
- While he says it looks "cool", he admits to hating the long hair he has to wear as "Sawyer" on _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv).