Jul. 20th, 1969
San Jose, California, USA
Josh Holloway's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Battle of the Year: The Dream Team
2013 - Paranoia
2011 - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
2009 - Stay Cool
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Josh Holloway (born July 20, 1969) is an American actor and model from Free Home, Georgia. He is best known for his role as James "Sawyer" Ford on the American television show Lost.
Born in San Jose, California, the second of four boys of a nurse mother and a surveyor father. His family moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia when he was two. In addition to his immediate family, Holloway has a large extended family that includes Baptist preacher Dr. Dale Holloway and author and World War II prisoner-of-war Carl Holloway. Holloway grew up in the small North Georgia town of Free Home and attended Cherokee High School in Canton, Georgia. He developed an interest in movies at a very young age. He studied at the University of Georgia for a year, but left to pursue a career as a model.
- Favorite foods are fried chicken and chocolate pie.
- Born on the same day that Apollo 11 astronauts 'Neil Armstrong (I)' (qv) and 'Buzz Aldrin' (qv) landed on the moon.
- Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. 
- Had a successful career as a model until he got bitten by the acting bug and relocated to Los Angeles.
- His first job was picking up dead chickens at a farm.
- Grew up in Free Home, Georgia.
- Has earned his real estate license. He said that prior to Lost, he had considered quitting acting; he earned his license to have something to fall back on.
- He's the second of four brothers.