Nov. 14th, 1972
Minot, North Dakota, USA
Josh Duhamel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Life as We Know It
2010 - Ramona and Beezus
2010 - The Romantics
2010 - When in Rome
2009 - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
2007 - Transformers
2006 - Turistas
2004 - Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Interviewee
Himself - Guest
Joshua David Duhamel (born November14, 1972) in Minot, North Dakota to parents Larry & Bonny Duhamel. His dad, Larry, is an advertisement salesman and his mother, Bonny, is a high school teacher. The handsome 6' 3" tall star has three younger sisters: Ashley, Cassidy & Mckenzie. His heritage also includes French & Canadian (his last name is a very common last name among Francophones in the world).
Acting was not the first priority in Duhamel's mind while he was still studying at Minot State University. The football player studied biology with the intention of going to dental school after getting his degree. Duhamel decided to retake organic chemistry and physics to bump up his GPA. Duhamel up dropping a one credit art class thinking it wouldn't matter because he had already taken so many advanced art classes but, unfortunately, people at the Minot State University couldn't care less about it and Duhamel finally became one credit short.
When Duhamel was 26 years old, he worked in the construction business and it was by sheer luck that he got into the celebrity business. Duhamel was with his ex-girlfriend and a scout from a modeling agency in San Francisco asked him if he would be interested in modeling. Duhamel couldn't believe what had happened but, after realizing it was real, he decided to think about the offer. A few days later, Duhamel was accepted and he did a lot of commercial work, even beating out fellow model 'Ashton Kutcher' for a place as a top model.
Modelling eventually gave way to acting as Duhamel was asked to audition for the title character in The Picture of Dorian Gray (2004), from the novel by 'Oscar Wilde'. He got the part and, even though the movie didn't become a big hit at the box office, Josh got into the real business where he landed a role as the lead star in the daytime soap, All My Children (1970). Duhamel had to move to New York City as the show was being shot there. He played "Leo DuPress" in the award-winning show from 1999-2002.
Josh was nominated for three Daytime Emmy Nominations, including an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in 2002. In 2003, he decided to quit All My Children (1970) and he left New York to return to Los Angeles. It was there when he landed his first major movie role. He got a part in Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! (2004), playing the title character.
After playing Tad Hamilton, Duhamel landed one of the starring roles alongside Oscar-nominated 'James Caan' in the TV show, Las Vegas (2003). He got the role of the young Danny McCoy, who works in the security department in Montecito. Duhamel said that it was pretty easy to relate to his character Danny McCoy in Las Vegas (2003) because he grew up sort of blue collar. Duhamel also recently became more recognized as he starred in the movie Transformers as Captain Lennox and the movie Turistas as Alex, garnering him more success.
In the love line, Duhamel was previously engaged to his girlfriend of five years, Kristy Pierce, but the wedding was called off two weeks before it was to take place in May of 2004. In December 2007, Duhamel became engaged to 'Stacy Ferguson', better known as "Fergie" from 'The Black Eyed Peas'. Fergie has also guest-starred in an episode of Las Vegas (2003) together with her band.
Duhamel is hoping that by starring in Las Vegas (2003), it will lead him to a possible movie career. Although the series has been canceled, Duhamel is focusing on getting major movie roles to increase his status in the industry. Duhamel has expressed his wish to hopefully do a 'George Clooney' and focus acting on movies full time as he gets older. He recently bought a house in Los Angeles with Fergie, where he is currently living.
- Josh wanted to be a dentist from the time he was a sophomore in high school. He gave up his dream to become a dentist when his grades were not good enough to get in a dental college. As a result he moved to California where he got discovered while posing for fashion magazines.
- Enjoys basketball, football, skiing, & golf in his days off.
- Married longtime fiancée 'Stacy Ferguson' (qv) in a very private ceremony on January 10, 2009. The ceremony was so private that the guests were not even told the location until the actual morning of the wedding.
- Branched into entrepreneurship, opening a restaurant, 10 North Main, in his hometown with his best friend.
- Turned down the role of Dusty Donovan on _"As the World Turns" (1956)_ (qv) in 2002, saying that he would return to daytime only on _"All My Children" (1970)_ (qv).
- He starred in the yet-to-be-released independent film _The Picture of Dorian Gray (2004)_ (qv) in 1999, then ABC called him to test for the role of "Leo du Pres". To Josh's shock, ABC executives wanted him so much that they postponed the character's first air date by more than a month to accommodate his schedule.
- His name is a very common French last name among Francophones meaning "From the Hamlet".
- When he was a teenager he worked as a lifeguard at a local pool.