Feb. 17th, 1981
Los Angeles, California, USA
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Inception
2009 - Days of Summer
2009 - Uncertainty
2009 - Women in Trouble
2009 - G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
2008 - Killshot
2008 - The Brothers Bloom
2008 - Stop-Loss
2008 - Miracle at St. Anna
2007 - The Lookout
2005 - Havoc
2005 - Brick
2004 - Mysterious Skin
2002 - Treasure Planet
2001 - Manic
2000 - Picking Up the Pieces
2000 - Forever Lulu
1999 - 10 Things I Hate About You
1998 - Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
1996 - The Juror
1994 - Angels in the Outfield
1994 - Holy Matrimony
1992 - Beethoven
1992 - A River Runs Through It
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Host
Despite his young age, Joseph Gordon-Levitt has already distinguished himself as an actor with a wide range of performances in both television and film. He starred on the hit television series 3rd Rock from the Sun(1996), for which he earned two Hollywood Reporter Young Star Awards and the show earned three SAG Award nominations for "Outstanding Peformance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series".
he was already working steadily in feature films debuting in the Robert Redford Prior to his success on television' film A River Runs Through It (1992) for which he received the Young Artist Award for "Best Actor Under Ten." Other film credits include Angels in the Outfield (1994), The Juror (1996), Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998), 10 Things I Hate About You (1999), and one of the lead voices in the animated film, Treasure Planet (2002). Gordon-Levitt recently took time off from acting to attend Columbia University.
His most recent film credits include the 2001 Sundance film Manic (2001), where he plays an angry young man sent to a juvenile mental institute. He returned to Sundance this year with two diametrically opposed lead roles in 'Rian Johnson's Brick (2005) and 'Gregg Araki's Mysterious Skin (2004). Brick (2005), earned a Special Jury Prize for Originality of Vision. Having screened at the Venice, Toronto and London Film Festivals, Mysterious Skin (2004) has already earned him accolades for his portrayal of a gay hustler haunted by his sexually abused past. Gordon-Levitt, who resides in both New York and Los Angeles, will next appear in 'Barbara Kopple's Havoc (2005) as well as Shadowboxer (2005) opposite 'Cuba Gooding Jr'. and 'Helen Mirren'.
- Gordon-Levitt was nominated for a 2009 Tony Award for Best Special Theatrical Event with his fellow producers of the Broadway show "Slava's Snowshow.".
- Has an older brother, 'Daniel Levitt' (qv) (1974).
- Appeared in a preschool production of "Wizard of Oz".
- Auditioned for the role of "Elder Aaron Davis" in _Latter Days (2003)_ (qv) before winning the role of "Elder Paul Ryder."
- His parents are Jane Gordon and Dennis Levitt, who met as activists in California. Gordon ran for Congress in 1970.
- Grandson of 'Michael Gordon (I)' (qv).
- (2000) Attended Columbia University
- Is good friends with his _Mysterious Skin (2004)_ (qv) co-star, 'Michelle Trachtenberg'.