Jul. 7th, 1968
New York City, New York, USA
Jorja Fox's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jorja Fox has become a familiar face by playing major roles in three of the most successful television dramas in history: "ER" (1994), "The West Wing" (1999) and "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000).
As a teenager, Fox had a career as a fashion model. She then turned to formal study of the acting craft at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York, specifically under the tutelage of veteran actor William Hickey (I).
After appearing in several minor films and TV series, Fox got her big break in 1996 by landing a role in the immensely successful "ER" (1994) TV series. She appeared in 33 episodes as "Dr. Maggie Doyle" who became embroiled in a sexual harassment suit against a powerful hospital administrator. Fox then got a recurring role in the renowned "The West Wing" (1999) TV series where she portrayed a Secret Service agent who was in charge of protecting the President's college-age daughter. She had a key role in that series' cliffhanger episode where the President's entourage comes under gunfire by assassins.
Fox appeared as part of the regular cast of the popular TV series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000) where she portrayed one of the crime scene investigators until 2008. Fox shared in CSI's 2005 Screen Actors Guild award for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a drama series.
In addition to her TV and movie roles, Fox is the co-founder of an experimental stage theater production company called "Honeypot Productions". Fox is also a musician and songwriter. She wrote and performed the song "Lullabye" which was featured in the movie Traveling Companion (1998).
- Has a purse named after her from the brand Matt & Nat. (www.mattandnat.com) which is an entirely vegan brand from Montreal, Canada.
- Went to Melbourne High School in Melbourne, Florida, for two years before being "discovered" in a model search at a local mall.
- In July 2004, Fox was fired from the hit show _"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)_ (qv) for refusing to sign documentation stating she would return to work. Her co-worker, 'George Eads' (qv), was fired the day after she was for not showing up to work. Reportedly both actors wanted more money. Fox returned to work the following Thursday after being fired, and Eads the next day.
- Her mother was from Montreal, Canada.
- Best friend of actress 'Amy Carlson' (qv), whom she met on the Chicago set of the short- lived television series _"Missing Persons" (1993)_ (qv) in 1993.
- Her good friend 'Emily Procter (I)' (qv) calls her 'Horha', how Jorja would be pronounced in Spanish, as a nickname.
- During the late 1980s when she was modeling in NYC, Jorja was roommates with 'Paula Ciccone (I)' (qv) - 'Madonna' (qv)'s sister.
- Her name, Jorja, is pronounced Georgia (like the state in the U.S.).