Jul. 7th, 1968
New York City, New York, USA
Jorja Fox's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Lion Ark
2000 - Memento
1992 - Happy Hell Night
1990 - The Kill-Off
Guest TV Roles
Agent Gina Toscano
Herself - Guest
The Attractive Woman
Herself - Panelist
Jorja Fox has become a familiar face by playing major roles in three of the most successful television dramas in history: "ER" (1994), "The West Wing" (1999) and "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000).
As a teenager, Fox had a career as a fashion model. She then turned to formal study of the acting craft at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York, specifically under the tutelage of veteran actor William Hickey (I).
After appearing in several minor films and TV series, Fox got her big break in 1996 by landing a role in the immensely successful "ER" (1994) TV series. She appeared in 33 episodes as "Dr. Maggie Doyle" who became embroiled in a sexual harassment suit against a powerful hospital administrator. Fox then got a recurring role in the renowned "The West Wing" (1999) TV series where she portrayed a Secret Service agent who was in charge of protecting the President's college-age daughter. She had a key role in that series' cliffhanger episode where the President's entourage comes under gunfire by assassins.
Fox appeared as part of the regular cast of the popular TV series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000) where she portrayed one of the crime scene investigators until 2008. Fox shared in CSI's 2005 Screen Actors Guild award for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a drama series.
In addition to her TV and movie roles, Fox is the co-founder of an experimental stage theater production company called "Honeypot Productions". Fox is also a musician and songwriter. She wrote and performed the song "Lullabye" which was featured in the movie Traveling Companion (1998).
- Best friend of actress 'Amy Carlson' (qv), whom she met on the Chicago set of the short- lived television series _"Missing Persons" (1993)_ (qv) in 1993.
- Her parents immigrated from Montreal: mother Marilyn (Belgian-Canadian, b. 1927, d. 1996), father (Irish-Canadian, b. 1924). She also has an older brother, Jeff (b. 1957).
- During the late 1980s when she was modeling in NYC, Jorja was roommates with 'Paula Ciccone (I)' (qv) - 'Madonna' (qv)'s sister.
- Is a dedicated vegetarian, and an aspiring vegan.
- She enjoys traveling, playing the guitar, and singing.
- She is part of a production company called Honeypot with 'Heather Grody' (qv) (Murmurs singer/guitarist). They produce plays and recently a musical called Dear Bernard, written by Grody.
- Went to Melbourne High School in Melbourne, Florida, for two years before being "discovered" in a model search at a local mall.
- Her mother was from Montreal, Canada.