Jul. 7th, 1968
New York City, New York, USA
Jorja Fox's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Lion Ark
2000 - Memento
1992 - Happy Hell Night
1990 - The Kill-Off
Guest TV Roles
Agent Gina Toscano
Herself - Guest
The Attractive Woman
Herself - Panelist
Jorja Fox has become a familiar face by playing major roles in three of the most successful television dramas in history: "ER" (1994), "The West Wing" (1999) and "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000).
As a teenager, Fox had a career as a fashion model. She then turned to formal study of the acting craft at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York, specifically under the tutelage of veteran actor William Hickey (I).
After appearing in several minor films and TV series, Fox got her big break in 1996 by landing a role in the immensely successful "ER" (1994) TV series. She appeared in 33 episodes as "Dr. Maggie Doyle" who became embroiled in a sexual harassment suit against a powerful hospital administrator. Fox then got a recurring role in the renowned "The West Wing" (1999) TV series where she portrayed a Secret Service agent who was in charge of protecting the President's college-age daughter. She had a key role in that series' cliffhanger episode where the President's entourage comes under gunfire by assassins.
Fox appeared as part of the regular cast of the popular TV series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000) where she portrayed one of the crime scene investigators until 2008. Fox shared in CSI's 2005 Screen Actors Guild award for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a drama series.
In addition to her TV and movie roles, Fox is the co-founder of an experimental stage theater production company called "Honeypot Productions". Fox is also a musician and songwriter. She wrote and performed the song "Lullabye" which was featured in the movie Traveling Companion (1998).
- According to _"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)_ (qv) writer 'David Rambo (I)' (qv) (interviewed on the WGA picket line in November 2007 by the shipper site YTDaW), Jorja Fox herself wrote Sara's farewell note to Grissom in the episode "Goodbye and Good Luck".
- She is part of a production company called Honeypot with 'Heather Grody' (qv) (Murmurs singer/guitarist). They produce plays and recently a musical called Dear Bernard, written by Grody.
- During the late 1980s when she was modeling in NYC, Jorja was roommates with 'Paula Ciccone (I)' (qv) - 'Madonna' (qv)'s sister.
- Attended Hoover Junior High in Indialantic, Florida.
- She ranked #80 in Stuff's "103 Sexiest Women" (2003).
- Good friends with 'Emily Procter (I)' (qv), who plays "Calleigh Duquesne" on the _"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)_ (qv) spin-off, _"CSI: Miami" (2002)_ (qv).
- Her parents immigrated from Montreal: mother Marilyn (Belgian-Canadian, b. 1927, d. 1996), father (Irish-Canadian, b. 1924). She also has an older brother, Jeff (b. 1957).
- She enjoys traveling, playing the guitar, and singing.