Dec. 16th, 1961
Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Jon Tenney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jonathan F. W. "Jon" Tenney (born December 16, 1961) is an American actor.
Born in Princeton, New Jersey to a psychiatrist mother and a research physicist father. He received his B.A. degree from Vassar College, where he majored in drama and philosophy. He then studied at Juilliard, after which he made his professional debut starring in a touring production of The Real Thing directed by 'Mike Nichols'.
He was married to actress 'Teri Hatcher' from 1994 to 2003. They have one daughter, Emerson Rose Tenney, (b. November 1997).
This led to his working steadily on and off-Broadway, as well as in regional theater. His New York City stage credits include Biloxi Blues, The Substance of Fire, and The Heiress.
Tenney's work in television includes a lead role in the short-lived 'Steven Bochco' series Brooklyn South, the Kristin Chenoweth sitcom Kristin and guest appearances on Will & Grace, Murphy Brown, Spenser: for Hire, and Get Real. He currently co-stars as Kyra Sedgwick's love interest on the TNT crime drama The Closer. Also, he is playing Dr. Simon, the love interest of Sally Field's character Nora Walker on Brothers and Sisters.
He appeared as Matthew Perry's best friend in Fools Rush In. Tenney has appeared in small roles in such films as Tombstone, Nixon, and Music from Another Room. He also played an important supporting role in the '90s cult classic Watch It and appeared in the 2009 horror film The Stepfather as Michael's biological father.
- Graduated from Vassar College.
- Was studying at Juilliard when he left to play a role in the National Tour of "The Real Thing," by 'Tom Stoppard' (qv).
- Cousin of 'Jay Wolf (II)' (qv) and 'Thea Andrews' (qv).
- Mother was a psychiatrist, father a nuclear physicist.
- Daughter Emerson Rose (b. 1997).
- Darkly handsome American lead and support actor who played tough guy roles in the late 1980s and '90s.
- The youngest of four children.
- (28 February 2003) Wife 'Teri Hatcher' (qv) filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. According to the petition submitted in Los Angeles Superior Court, the couple have agreed to joint custody of their five-year-old daughter, Emerson Rose.