Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - A Talking Pony!?!
2009 - The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story
1985 - Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
1973 - Tom Sawyer
1972 - Snowball Express
1972 - Napoleon and Samantha
1966 - The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming
Guest TV Roles
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- His sister, 'Dora Whitaker' (qv) is a well-established talent agent in North Hollywood, California.
- He was the only six-year-old who screen-tested for the role of Jody Davis in _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv), which originally was supposed to be for a ten-year-old boy, but when the producers saw the chemistry between he and 'Anissa Jones' (qv) (Buffy), they promptly rewrote the parts for six-year-old twins.
- Brother of Billy and 'Dora Whitaker' (qv).
- Finding it harder to transition into young adult roles and following the tragic death of his 18-year-old _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) co-star 'Anissa Jones' (qv), Johnny took what was supposed to be an extended sabbatical from acting and a return to "normalcy" by attending public schools again. He instead went into missionary work.
- A recovering addict since 1997, he has served to help others. He is President and Founder of Paso Por Paso, a California 501 (c)3 corporation dedicated to helping Spanish-speaking addicts / alcoholics find treatment and recovery.
- He gave 'Jodie Foster' (qv) her first on-screen kiss in _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv).
- Began his acting career at the age of three. He was discovered while singing in his church's children's program, where he broke up the entire congregation after he'd forgotten the words to the song and started to improvise with his own. He went on to do his first on-air performance in a commercial for OK Used Cars.
- In 1999, he received the Former Child Star Lifetime Achievement Award at the Young Artist Awards.
Related sites for this celeb