Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- He gave 'Jodie Foster' (qv) her first on-screen kiss in _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv).
- Changed the spelling of his first name "Johnnie" to the more adult "Johnny" around 1973.
- Began his acting career at the age of three. He was discovered while singing in his church's children's program, where he broke up the entire congregation after he'd forgotten the words to the song and started to improvise with his own. He went on to do his first on-air performance in a commercial for OK Used Cars.
- In June of 1984 he married a theatrical agent named Symbria Wright. They divorced four years later.
- Interviewed in "Growing Up on the Set: Interviews with 39 Former Child Actors of Classic Film and Television" by Tom Goldrup and Jim Goldrup (McFarland, 2002).
- Brother of Billy and 'Dora Whitaker' (qv).
- Best known by the public for his role as Jody Davis on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv).
- Speaks several languages fluently, including Portuguese, Spanish, French and American Sign Language.
Related sites for this celeb