Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - A Talking Pony!?!
2009 - The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story
1985 - Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
1973 - Tom Sawyer
1972 - Snowball Express
1972 - Napoleon and Samantha
1966 - The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming
Guest TV Roles
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- Began his acting career at the age of three. He was discovered while singing in his church's children's program, where he broke up the entire congregation after he'd forgotten the words to the song and started to improvise with his own. He went on to do his first on-air performance in a commercial for OK Used Cars.
- His sister, 'Dora Whitaker' (qv) is a well-established talent agent in North Hollywood, California.
- Brother of Billy and 'Dora Whitaker' (qv).
- Originated the role of Scotty Baldwin, a _"General Hospital" (1963)_ (qv) character still seen on the show.
- Interviewed in "Growing Up on the Set: Interviews with 39 Former Child Actors of Classic Film and Television" by Tom Goldrup and Jim Goldrup (McFarland, 2002).
- He gave 'Jodie Foster' (qv) her first on-screen kiss in _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv).
- Finding it harder to transition into young adult roles and following the tragic death of his 18-year-old _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) co-star 'Anissa Jones' (qv), Johnny took what was supposed to be an extended sabbatical from acting and a return to "normalcy" by attending public schools again. He instead went into missionary work.
- In June of 1984 he married a theatrical agent named Symbria Wright. They divorced four years later.
Related sites for this celeb