Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1985 - Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
1973 - Tom Sawyer
1972 - Napoleon and Samantha
1972 - Snowball Express
1966 - The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming
Guest TV Roles
Andy Jack Sickles
- His first film, _The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming (1966)_ (qv) co-starred 'Brian Keith (I)' (qv). He and Keith got along so well that Keith took was instrumental in setting him up for an interview with the producers of _"Family Affair, A" (1966), in which he was eventually cast as Keith's nephew.
- Co-starred with young 'Jodie Foster' (qv) twice in films. The first time was in Disney's _Napoleon and Samantha (1972)_ (qv), and then she played Becky Thatcher to his _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv). He made national tours for the "Tom Sawyer" line of boys' clothing after being cast in the the musical film. Eventually the same firm put out a "Johnnie Whitaker" line as well.
- He was the fifth of eight children born to Thelma and John O. Whitaker, Sr. He was born at 12:14 AM, Pacific Standard Time.
- Changed the spelling of his first name "Johnnie" to the more adult "Johnny" around 1973.
- In June of 1984 he married a theatrical agent named Symbria Wright. They divorced four years later.
- He was the only six-year-old who screen-tested for the role of Jody Davis in _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv), which originally was supposed to be for a ten-year-old boy, but when the producers saw the chemistry between he and 'Anissa Jones' (qv) (Buffy), they promptly rewrote the parts for six-year-old twins.
- A recovering addict since 1997, he has served to help others. He is President and Founder of Paso Por Paso, a California 501 (c)3 corporation dedicated to helping Spanish-speaking addicts / alcoholics find treatment and recovery.
- Best known by the public for his role as Jody Davis on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb