Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- He was the fifth of eight children born to Thelma and John O. Whitaker, Sr. He was born at 12:14 AM, Pacific Standard Time.
- He gave 'Jodie Foster' (qv) her first on-screen kiss in _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv).
- Co-starred with young 'Jodie Foster' (qv) twice in films. The first time was in Disney's _Napoleon and Samantha (1972)_ (qv), and then she played Becky Thatcher to his _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv). He made national tours for the "Tom Sawyer" line of boys' clothing after being cast in the the musical film. Eventually the same firm put out a "Johnnie Whitaker" line as well.
- Finding it harder to transition into young adult roles and following the tragic death of his 18-year-old _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) co-star 'Anissa Jones' (qv), Johnny took what was supposed to be an extended sabbatical from acting and a return to "normalcy" by attending public schools again. He instead went into missionary work.
- His first film, _The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming (1966)_ (qv) co-starred 'Brian Keith (I)' (qv). He and Keith got along so well that Keith took was instrumental in setting him up for an interview with the producers of _"Family Affair, A" (1966), in which he was eventually cast as Keith's nephew.
- He was the only six-year-old who screen-tested for the role of Jody Davis in _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv), which originally was supposed to be for a ten-year-old boy, but when the producers saw the chemistry between he and 'Anissa Jones' (qv) (Buffy), they promptly rewrote the parts for six-year-old twins.
- Brother of Billy and 'Dora Whitaker' (qv).
- Graduated from Sylmar High School outside of Los Angeles after _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) was canceled. He then spent two years in Portugal as a full-time, volunteer missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When he returned to the US, he attended Brigham Young University and obtained a degree in communications in 1986.
Related sites for this celeb