Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- Interviewed in "Growing Up on the Set: Interviews with 39 Former Child Actors of Classic Film and Television" by Tom Goldrup and Jim Goldrup (McFarland, 2002).
- In 1999, he received the Former Child Star Lifetime Achievement Award at the Young Artist Awards.
- A recovering addict since 1997, he has served to help others. He is President and Founder of Paso Por Paso, a California 501 (c)3 corporation dedicated to helping Spanish-speaking addicts / alcoholics find treatment and recovery.
- Originated the role of Scotty Baldwin, a _"General Hospital" (1963)_ (qv) character still seen on the show.
- Graduated from Sylmar High School outside of Los Angeles after _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) was canceled. He then spent two years in Portugal as a full-time, volunteer missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When he returned to the US, he attended Brigham Young University and obtained a degree in communications in 1986.
- Best known by the public for his role as Jody Davis on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv).
- Brother of Billy and 'Dora Whitaker' (qv).
- Began his acting career at the age of three. He was discovered while singing in his church's children's program, where he broke up the entire congregation after he'd forgotten the words to the song and started to improvise with his own. He went on to do his first on-air performance in a commercial for OK Used Cars.
Related sites for this celeb