Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- In 1999, he received the Former Child Star Lifetime Achievement Award at the Young Artist Awards.
- Co-starred with young 'Jodie Foster' (qv) twice in films. The first time was in Disney's _Napoleon and Samantha (1972)_ (qv), and then she played Becky Thatcher to his _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv). He made national tours for the "Tom Sawyer" line of boys' clothing after being cast in the the musical film. Eventually the same firm put out a "Johnnie Whitaker" line as well.
- Speaks several languages fluently, including Portuguese, Spanish, French and American Sign Language.
- Interviewed in "Growing Up on the Set: Interviews with 39 Former Child Actors of Classic Film and Television" by Tom Goldrup and Jim Goldrup (McFarland, 2002).
- A recovering addict since 1997, he has served to help others. He is President and Founder of Paso Por Paso, a California 501 (c)3 corporation dedicated to helping Spanish-speaking addicts / alcoholics find treatment and recovery.
- Originated the role of Scotty Baldwin, a _"General Hospital" (1963)_ (qv) character still seen on the show.
- Best known by the public for his role as Jody Davis on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv).
- In June of 1984 he married a theatrical agent named Symbria Wright. They divorced four years later.
Related sites for this celeb