Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1985 - Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
1973 - Tom Sawyer
1972 - Napoleon and Samantha
1972 - Snowball Express
1966 - The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming
Guest TV Roles
Andy Jack Sickles
- At one point he and two of his sisters and a brother were in a variety act called The Johnny Whitaker Show where they performed at fairs and Mormon church get-togethers.
- For 13 years, Johnny worked closely with the joint SAG/AFTRA Young Performer's Committee helping current young performers receive the benefits and prepare them for the detriments that a career in show business is likely to produce.
- Interviewed in "Growing Up on the Set: Interviews with 39 Former Child Actors of Classic Film and Television" by Tom Goldrup and Jim Goldrup (McFarland, 2002).
- Co-starred with young 'Jodie Foster' (qv) twice in films. The first time was in Disney's _Napoleon and Samantha (1972)_ (qv), and then she played Becky Thatcher to his _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv). He made national tours for the "Tom Sawyer" line of boys' clothing after being cast in the the musical film. Eventually the same firm put out a "Johnnie Whitaker" line as well.
- He was the fifth of eight children born to Thelma and John O. Whitaker, Sr. He was born at 12:14 AM, Pacific Standard Time.
- Best known by the public for his role as Jody Davis on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv).
- Graduated from Sylmar High School outside of Los Angeles after _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) was canceled. He then spent two years in Portugal as a full-time, volunteer missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When he returned to the US, he attended Brigham Young University and obtained a degree in communications in 1986.
- His sister, 'Dora Whitaker' (qv) is a well-established talent agent in North Hollywood, California.
Related sites for this celeb