Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - A Talking Pony!?!
1985 - Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
1973 - Tom Sawyer
1972 - Napoleon and Samantha
1972 - Snowball Express
1966 - The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- At one point he and two of his sisters and a brother were in a variety act called The Johnny Whitaker Show where they performed at fairs and Mormon church get-togethers.
- For 13 years, Johnny worked closely with the joint SAG/AFTRA Young Performer's Committee helping current young performers receive the benefits and prepare them for the detriments that a career in show business is likely to produce.
- Changed the spelling of his first name "Johnnie" to the more adult "Johnny" around 1973.
- Speaks several languages fluently, including Portuguese, Spanish, French and American Sign Language.
- Brother of Billy and 'Dora Whitaker' (qv).
- Best known by the public for his role as Jody Davis on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv).
- Co-starred with young 'Jodie Foster' (qv) twice in films. The first time was in Disney's _Napoleon and Samantha (1972)_ (qv), and then she played Becky Thatcher to his _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv). He made national tours for the "Tom Sawyer" line of boys' clothing after being cast in the the musical film. Eventually the same firm put out a "Johnnie Whitaker" line as well.
- His first film, _The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming (1966)_ (qv) co-starred 'Brian Keith (I)' (qv). He and Keith got along so well that Keith took was instrumental in setting him up for an interview with the producers of _"Family Affair, A" (1966), in which he was eventually cast as Keith's nephew.
Related sites for this celeb