Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- Best known by the public for his role as Jody Davis on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv).
- Began his acting career at the age of three. He was discovered while singing in his church's children's program, where he broke up the entire congregation after he'd forgotten the words to the song and started to improvise with his own. He went on to do his first on-air performance in a commercial for OK Used Cars.
- He was divorced in 1988. He went through a 12 step program to rid himself of drug dependency.
- Co-starred with young 'Jodie Foster' (qv) twice in films. The first time was in Disney's _Napoleon and Samantha (1972)_ (qv), and then she played Becky Thatcher to his _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv). He made national tours for the "Tom Sawyer" line of boys' clothing after being cast in the the musical film. Eventually the same firm put out a "Johnnie Whitaker" line as well.
- Finding it harder to transition into young adult roles and following the tragic death of his 18-year-old _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) co-star 'Anissa Jones' (qv), Johnny took what was supposed to be an extended sabbatical from acting and a return to "normalcy" by attending public schools again. He instead went into missionary work.
- Speaks several languages fluently, including Portuguese, Spanish, French and American Sign Language.
- His first film, _The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming (1966)_ (qv) co-starred 'Brian Keith (I)' (qv). He and Keith got along so well that Keith took was instrumental in setting him up for an interview with the producers of _"Family Affair, A" (1966), in which he was eventually cast as Keith's nephew.
- His sister, 'Dora Whitaker' (qv) is a well-established talent agent in North Hollywood, California.
Related sites for this celeb