Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - A Talking Pony!?!
2009 - The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story
1985 - Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
1973 - Tom Sawyer
1972 - Snowball Express
1972 - Napoleon and Samantha
1966 - The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming
Guest TV Roles
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- Co-starred with young 'Jodie Foster' (qv) twice in films. The first time was in Disney's _Napoleon and Samantha (1972)_ (qv), and then she played Becky Thatcher to his _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv). He made national tours for the "Tom Sawyer" line of boys' clothing after being cast in the the musical film. Eventually the same firm put out a "Johnnie Whitaker" line as well.
- For 13 years, Johnny worked closely with the joint SAG/AFTRA Young Performer's Committee helping current young performers receive the benefits and prepare them for the detriments that a career in show business is likely to produce.
- He gave 'Jodie Foster' (qv) her first on-screen kiss in _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv).
- Finding it harder to transition into young adult roles and following the tragic death of his 18-year-old _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) co-star 'Anissa Jones' (qv), Johnny took what was supposed to be an extended sabbatical from acting and a return to "normalcy" by attending public schools again. He instead went into missionary work.
- Originated the role of Scotty Baldwin, a _"General Hospital" (1963)_ (qv) character still seen on the show.
- Speaks several languages fluently, including Portuguese, Spanish, French and American Sign Language.
- Graduated from Sylmar High School outside of Los Angeles after _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) was canceled. He then spent two years in Portugal as a full-time, volunteer missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When he returned to the US, he attended Brigham Young University and obtained a degree in communications in 1986.
- He was the only six-year-old who screen-tested for the role of Jody Davis in _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv), which originally was supposed to be for a ten-year-old boy, but when the producers saw the chemistry between he and 'Anissa Jones' (qv) (Buffy), they promptly rewrote the parts for six-year-old twins.
Related sites for this celeb