Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1985 - Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
1973 - Tom Sawyer
1972 - Napoleon and Samantha
1972 - Snowball Express
1966 - The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming
Guest TV Roles
Andy Jack Sickles
- For 13 years, Johnny worked closely with the joint SAG/AFTRA Young Performer's Committee helping current young performers receive the benefits and prepare them for the detriments that a career in show business is likely to produce.
- A recovering addict since 1997, he has served to help others. He is President and Founder of Paso Por Paso, a California 501 (c)3 corporation dedicated to helping Spanish-speaking addicts / alcoholics find treatment and recovery.
- In June of 1984 he married a theatrical agent named Symbria Wright. They divorced four years later.
- Began his acting career at the age of three. He was discovered while singing in his church's children's program, where he broke up the entire congregation after he'd forgotten the words to the song and started to improvise with his own. He went on to do his first on-air performance in a commercial for OK Used Cars.
- He was the only six-year-old who screen-tested for the role of Jody Davis in _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv), which originally was supposed to be for a ten-year-old boy, but when the producers saw the chemistry between he and 'Anissa Jones' (qv) (Buffy), they promptly rewrote the parts for six-year-old twins.
- Brother of Billy and 'Dora Whitaker' (qv).
- His first film, _The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming (1966)_ (qv) co-starred 'Brian Keith (I)' (qv). He and Keith got along so well that Keith took was instrumental in setting him up for an interview with the producers of _"Family Affair, A" (1966), in which he was eventually cast as Keith's nephew.
- Best known by the public for his role as Jody Davis on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb