Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - A Talking Pony!?!
2009 - The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story
1985 - Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
1973 - Tom Sawyer
1972 - Snowball Express
1972 - Napoleon and Samantha
1966 - The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming
Guest TV Roles
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- His sister, 'Dora Whitaker' (qv) is a well-established talent agent in North Hollywood, California.
- Brother of Billy and 'Dora Whitaker' (qv).
- At one point he and two of his sisters and a brother were in a variety act called The Johnny Whitaker Show where they performed at fairs and Mormon church get-togethers.
- Began his acting career at the age of three. He was discovered while singing in his church's children's program, where he broke up the entire congregation after he'd forgotten the words to the song and started to improvise with his own. He went on to do his first on-air performance in a commercial for OK Used Cars.
- He gave 'Jodie Foster' (qv) her first on-screen kiss in _Tom Sawyer (1973)_ (qv).
- Interviewed in "Growing Up on the Set: Interviews with 39 Former Child Actors of Classic Film and Television" by Tom Goldrup and Jim Goldrup (McFarland, 2002).
- His first film, _The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming (1966)_ (qv) co-starred 'Brian Keith (I)' (qv). He and Keith got along so well that Keith took was instrumental in setting him up for an interview with the producers of _"Family Affair, A" (1966), in which he was eventually cast as Keith's nephew.
- In 1999, he received the Former Child Star Lifetime Achievement Award at the Young Artist Awards.
Related sites for this celeb