Apr. 30th, 1975
Johnny Galecki's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John Mark "Johnny" Galecki (born April 30, 1975) is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as David Healy in the sitcom Roseanne, Rusty Griswold in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and as Leonard Hofstadter, Ph.D, in the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory.
- By age 7, he began performing in such prestigious theater productions as "Fiddler on the Roof", "Pippin" and "Galileo", opposite 'Brian Dennehy' (qv) at The Goodman Theater in Chicago.
- Star/producer/writer 'Roseanne' (qv) of _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv) praises Galecki's "great vulnerability".
- Born in Belgium where his father was stationed while serving in the US Air Force. He moved to Chicago when he was 3 years old.
- In 1991, he starred in the made-for-TV movie _Backfield in Motion (1991) (TV)_ (qv), which co-starred the production team of 'Roseanne' (qv) and 'Tom Arnold (I)' (qv). The next year, Galecki joined the cast of _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv) as Darlene's sensitive and put-upon boyfriend, David.
- Close friend of 'Sara Gilbert' (qv).
- Has a sister, Allison Galecki.
- Brother of Nick Galecki.
- At the age of 11, he received a Joseph Jefferson citation nomination for his critically-acclaimed performance as John Henry in The Member of the Wedding.