Feb. 18th, 1954
Englewood, New Jersey, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - John Travolta
John Travolta first gained fame as the swaggering Vinnie Barbarino on the television series "Welcome Back, Kotter" (1975). In 1977, he parlayed his teeny-bopper fame into a big-screen career with the disco blockbuster Saturday Night Fever (1977). He languished in light dramas and television movies in the 1980s, but started a comeback in 1989 with Look Who's Talking (1989). He further resuscitated his career with an Oscar nomination for his role as a heavyset sympathetic hitman in Pulp Fiction (1994) in 1994.
- John Travolta and 'Kelly Preston' (qv) had a son, 'Jett Travolta' (qv) (13 April 1992 - 2 January 2009).
- Is good friends with actor Forest Whitaker who appeared with him in Phenomenon (1996) and Battlefield Earth (2000).
- Was signed on to play rock star 'Jim Morrison (I)' (qv) in an early 1980s biopic about 'The Doors' (qv). Due to legal problems, the project was dropped.
- Did yoga and boxing to cut his love handles for the film _Swordfish (2001)_ (qv).
- His performance as Tony Manero in _Saturday Night Fever (1977)_ (qv) is ranked #73 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- His favorite movie is _Un homme et une femme (1966)_ (qv). His favorite movie as a child was _Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)_ (qv).
- Was told to gain thirty pounds for his role in the movie _Primary Colors (1998)_ (qv).
- In 1985, 'Princess Diana' (qv) asked him to dance at a party at the White House.