Aug. 19th, 1963
Cypress, California, USA
John Stamos' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
2004 - Knots
2003 - Party Monster
2002 - Femme Fatale
1997 - Private Parts
1986 - Never Too Young to Die
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Carl Howell
Prospective House Buyer
John Stamos' original family name is Stamotopoulos, which was shortened by his grandparents when they came to America from Greece. His parents are Bill & Loretta (Phillips), and he has two younger sisters, Janeen & Alaina, both school teachers. His first professional role was as Blackie Parrish on the daytime soap, "General Hospital" (1982-1984), which turned into a 2-year role, for which he won two Soap Opera Digest Awards (1982 & 1983). In 1987, he began the role of Jesse on "Full House" (1987), which is his best-known role to date, spanning 8 years. At his request, the writers of "Full House" (1987) gave his character the last name of Katsopolis, instead of the original character's name, Cochran, in order to highlight John's Greek heritage. He has played drums occasionally with The Beach Boys since 1985, and directed their "Hot Fun in the Summertime" video. More recently, he expanded his career to include the role of J. Pierrepont Finch in Broadway's production of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying!", in 1995, showcasing not only his musical talents, but his dancing ability, as well. On September 19, 1997, he married Rebecca Romijn of MTV's "House of Style" (1989), which was the first marriage for them both. They were officially divorced on March 1, 2005.
- He purchased a Disneyland entrance sign for over $30,000.
- He and his ex-wife 'Rebecca Romijn' (qv), have both guest-starred on the TV show _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv), though not in the same episode.
- (24 December 1997) Engaged to model 'Rebecca Romijn' (qv).
- Mentioned in film Step Brothers as the one guy the main characters would sleep with if they were a female.
- Grew up in Cypress, CA; hometown of fellow _"Full House" (1987)_ (qv) star 'Jodie Sweetin' (qv), 'Michael Fishman (I)' (qv) (DJ on _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv)) and 'Tiger Woods' (qv).
- In real life he is very close to 'Mary-Kate Olsen' (qv) and 'Ashley Olsen' (qv), who played his niece Michelle on _"Full House" (1987)_ (qv).
- Dated 'Paula Abdul' (qv). Once said that if it wasn't for the media, they would still be together.
- (1990) Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world