Oct. 9th, 1954
Kittery, Maine, USA
6' 2 1/2"
John O'Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - An American Carol
2002 - Buying the Cow
2001 - Firetrap
1999 - Love Stinks
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- A self-taught pianist and classically-trained vocalist who has performed with symphonies, he has recently released a two-album project entitled "Peace of Our Minds," a compilation of his original piano compositions in tandem with famed cellist Marston (Smith). One piece, "For Lisa," was written for John's wife especially for their wedding day in 2004. O'Hurley has been composing since his teen years.
- Was runner-up in the ABC hit, _"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)_ (qv).
- Was director of public relations for the American Red Cross.
- Older sister Carol passed away in 1970 at the age of 17 due to epileptic seizures. Now John works on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation to find a cure.
- Collects fine wines.
- Alumnus of Kingswood-Oxford (private school) in West Hartford, Connecticut.
- Attended Natick High School
- Education: Providence College, Providence, RI; BA in theatre.