Oct. 9th, 1954
Kittery, Maine, USA
6' 2 1/2"
John O'Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Attended Natick High School
- A self-taught pianist and classically-trained vocalist who has performed with symphonies, he has recently released a two-album project entitled "Peace of Our Minds," a compilation of his original piano compositions in tandem with famed cellist Marston (Smith). One piece, "For Lisa," was written for John's wife especially for their wedding day in 2004. O'Hurley has been composing since his teen years.
- Alumnus of Kingswood-Oxford (private school) in West Hartford, Connecticut.
- Education: Providence College, Providence, RI; BA in theatre.
- Was director of public relations for the American Red Cross.
- A financier and investor as well, he is a principal partner for Round One Investments in Los Angeles and Heritage Capital Advisors in Atlanta, two private-equity outfits. He also holds a big chunk of a restaurant chain and is an owner of the Alaskan airline Era Aviation.
- Co-owner (with J. Peterman) of the real J. Peterman Catalog. After playing J. Peterman on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv), he was offered the opportunity to buy part of the company and help bring it back from bankruptcy. They turned a profit the very first year that O'Hurley was part of the company.
- September 2005 - Won _"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)_ (qv) re-match with partner 'Charlotte Jorgensen' (qv), earning $126,000 for Golfers Against Cancer charity.