Oct. 9th, 1954
Kittery, Maine, USA
6' 2 1/2"
John O'Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - An American Carol
2002 - Buying the Cow
2001 - Firetrap
1999 - Love Stinks
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Education: Providence College, Providence, RI; BA in theatre.
- Attended Natick High School
- Alumnus of Kingswood-Oxford (private school) in West Hartford, Connecticut.
- A self-taught pianist and classically-trained vocalist who has performed with symphonies, he has recently released a two-album project entitled "Peace of Our Minds," a compilation of his original piano compositions in tandem with famed cellist Marston (Smith). One piece, "For Lisa," was written for John's wife especially for their wedding day in 2004. O'Hurley has been composing since his teen years.
- Refuses to dye his frosted hair black to get younger roles.
- Was runner-up in the ABC hit, _"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)_ (qv).
- Hobbies: golf, tennis, carpentry and interior design.
- Older sister Carol passed away in 1970 at the age of 17 due to epileptic seizures. Now John works on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation to find a cure.