Oct. 9th, 1954
Kittery, Maine, USA
6' 2 1/2"
John O'Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Attended Natick High School
- A financier and investor as well, he is a principal partner for Round One Investments in Los Angeles and Heritage Capital Advisors in Atlanta, two private-equity outfits. He also holds a big chunk of a restaurant chain and is an owner of the Alaskan airline Era Aviation.
- Collects fine wines.
- Was director of public relations for the American Red Cross.
- Hobbies: golf, tennis, carpentry and interior design.
- Older sister Carol passed away in 1970 at the age of 17 due to epileptic seizures. Now John works on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation to find a cure.
- Refuses to dye his frosted hair black to get younger roles.
- A self-taught pianist and classically-trained vocalist who has performed with symphonies, he has recently released a two-album project entitled "Peace of Our Minds," a compilation of his original piano compositions in tandem with famed cellist Marston (Smith). One piece, "For Lisa," was written for John's wife especially for their wedding day in 2004. O'Hurley has been composing since his teen years.