Oct. 9th, 1954
Kittery, Maine, USA
6' 2 1/2"
John O'Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - An American Carol
2002 - Buying the Cow
2001 - Firetrap
1999 - Love Stinks
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Education: Providence College, Providence, RI; BA in theatre.
- Attended Natick High School
- Was director of public relations for the American Red Cross.
- Alumnus of Kingswood-Oxford (private school) in West Hartford, Connecticut.
- Co-owner (with J. Peterman) of the real J. Peterman Catalog. After playing J. Peterman on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv), he was offered the opportunity to buy part of the company and help bring it back from bankruptcy. They turned a profit the very first year that O'Hurley was part of the company.
- Refuses to dye his frosted hair black to get younger roles.
- Hobbies: golf, tennis, carpentry and interior design.
- A self-taught pianist and classically-trained vocalist who has performed with symphonies, he has recently released a two-album project entitled "Peace of Our Minds," a compilation of his original piano compositions in tandem with famed cellist Marston (Smith). One piece, "For Lisa," was written for John's wife especially for their wedding day in 2004. O'Hurley has been composing since his teen years.