Oct. 9th, 1954
Kittery, Maine, USA
6' 2 1/2"
John O'Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Older sister Carol passed away in 1970 at the age of 17 due to epileptic seizures. Now John works on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation to find a cure.
- Co-owner (with J. Peterman) of the real J. Peterman Catalog. After playing J. Peterman on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv), he was offered the opportunity to buy part of the company and help bring it back from bankruptcy. They turned a profit the very first year that O'Hurley was part of the company.
- Was runner-up in the ABC hit, _"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)_ (qv).
- Attended Natick High School
- Was director of public relations for the American Red Cross.
- September 2005 - Won _"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)_ (qv) re-match with partner 'Charlotte Jorgensen' (qv), earning $126,000 for Golfers Against Cancer charity.
- A self-taught pianist and classically-trained vocalist who has performed with symphonies, he has recently released a two-album project entitled "Peace of Our Minds," a compilation of his original piano compositions in tandem with famed cellist Marston (Smith). One piece, "For Lisa," was written for John's wife especially for their wedding day in 2004. O'Hurley has been composing since his teen years.
- Alumnus of Kingswood-Oxford (private school) in West Hartford, Connecticut.