Oct. 9th, 1954
Kittery, Maine, USA
6' 2 1/2"
John O'Hurley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - An American Carol
2002 - Buying the Cow
2001 - Firetrap
1999 - Love Stinks
Guest TV Roles[none found]
[no bio found]
- A self-taught pianist and classically-trained vocalist who has performed with symphonies, he has recently released a two-album project entitled "Peace of Our Minds," a compilation of his original piano compositions in tandem with famed cellist Marston (Smith). One piece, "For Lisa," was written for John's wife especially for their wedding day in 2004. O'Hurley has been composing since his teen years.
- Co-owner (with J. Peterman) of the real J. Peterman Catalog. After playing J. Peterman on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv), he was offered the opportunity to buy part of the company and help bring it back from bankruptcy. They turned a profit the very first year that O'Hurley was part of the company.
- Older sister Carol passed away in 1970 at the age of 17 due to epileptic seizures. Now John works on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation to find a cure.
- Was runner-up in the ABC hit, _"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)_ (qv).
- Refuses to dye his frosted hair black to get younger roles.
- Hobbies: golf, tennis, carpentry and interior design.
- Has a son, William Dylan O'Hurley (born December 6, 2006).
- A financier and investor as well, he is a principal partner for Round One Investments in Los Angeles and Heritage Capital Advisors in Atlanta, two private-equity outfits. He also holds a big chunk of a restaurant chain and is an owner of the Alaskan airline Era Aviation.