Oct. 7th, 1951
Seymour, Indiana, USA
John Mellencamp's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Lone Star State of Mind
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself - Host
- Honorary Doctorate from Indiana University in May 2000
- Suffered a mild heart attack in the midst of a 1994 tour.
- He was born with a mild form of spina bifida.
- On April 29 - May 4, in 1999, John Mellencamp's paintings were on display in Vincennes University's Shircliff Gallery of Art. He had ten paintings in the exhibit. There is a book called "Mellencamp: Painting and Reflections", with 75 of his paintings.
- Five children from three marriages (birth years approx.): daughters Michelle (b. 1970), Teddy Jo (1981), and Justice (1985); sons Hud (b. 1994) and Spec Wildhorse (1995).
- Avid Oil Painter.
- Co-founded Farm Aid (benefitting the family farmer) with 'Neil Young (I)' (qv) and 'Willie Nelson' (qv).