Oct. 7th, 1951
Seymour, Indiana, USA
John Mellencamp's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Lone Star State of Mind
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself - Host
- Honorary Doctorate from Indiana University in May 2000
- Smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day until his heart attack.
- On April 29 - May 4, in 1999, John Mellencamp's paintings were on display in Vincennes University's Shircliff Gallery of Art. He had ten paintings in the exhibit. There is a book called "Mellencamp: Painting and Reflections", with 75 of his paintings.
- The albums "Nothin' Matters and What if it Did", "Best That I Could Do", and "Words and Music: John Mellencamp's Greatest Hits" were all produced, engineered, and mixed by Bruce Robb in association with Bruce Robb Productions.
- Suffered a mild heart attack in the midst of a 1994 tour.
- Avid Oil Painter.
- He was born with a mild form of spina bifida.
- In fall of 2004 he participated in the Vote for Change concert tour organized to encourage the defeat of 'George W. Bush' (qv) in the U.S. presidential election.