Oct. 16th, 1977
Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
John Mayer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Get Hard
2014 - Zombeavers
2012 - The Zen of Bennett
2006 - Herbie Hancock: Possibilities
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Used to play clarinet.
- Started playing guitar at 13
- His parent's ages are 19 years apart
- When he was seventeen, he was suddenly stricken with a cardiac arrhythmia that sent him to the hospital for a weekend. The trauma of the incident sparked his songwriting, and he penned his first lyrics the night he got home. Shortly thereafter, he began suffering from crippling panic attacks that only subsided when he was twenty-six, and even now, he keeps a Xanax (an anti-anxiety drug) with him, just in case.
- Good friends with singer 'Alicia Keys' (qv), 'Justin Timberlake' (qv) and 'Kanye West' (qv).
- Was lead guitarist of a band called Villanova Junction when he was in high-school.
- Is a big fan of Opie & Anthony and also Ron & Fez on XM Satellite Radio. He debuted the single "Waiting On the World to Change" when he dropped by unannounced at their New York studio on June 14, 2006. Since then, he has regularly checked in with both shows, either calling in to contribute to the topic or just stopping by to hang out.
- Has an older brother named Carl and a younger brother named Ben. Ben is 18 months younger than John.