81 (passed away Aug. 28th, 1987)
Aug. 5th, 1906
Nevada, Missouri, USA
John Huston's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1986 - Momo
1985 - The Black Cauldron
1982 - Annie
1982 - Cannery Row
1979 - Winter Kills
1979 - Wise Blood
1975 - The Wind and the Lion
1975 - Breakout
1974 - Chinatown
1973 - Battle for the Planet of the Apes
1972 - The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean
1971 - Man in the Wilderness
1970 - The Kremlin Letter
1970 - Myra Breckinridge
1968 - Candy
1966 - The Bible: In the Beginning...
1963 - The Cardinal
1963 - The List of Adrian Messenger
1962 - Freud
1961 - The Misfits
1956 - Moby Dick
1948 - The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
1943 - Report from the Aleutians
Guest TV Roles
John Huston was a man of many interests - painting, boxing, sculpture, gambling, fox-hunting, etc. He had four children: Tony and Angelica (with Ricki Soma), Danny (with another woman), and Allegra (Ricki with another man, but Huston raised the girl after Ricki died in a car crash). Huston wrote a somewhat sanitized autobiography in 1980 (friends who read it said, "Good book, John - who's it about?").
- Grandfather of 'Laura Huston (I)' (qv) and 'Jack Huston' (qv).
- Was originally supposed to direct _Quo Vadis (1951)_ (qv), but walked out following arguments about the script. He was replaced by 'Mervyn LeRoy' (qv).
- Became an Irish citizen in 1964.
- Got the D.W. Griffith Career Achievement Award in 1985.
- Born in Nevada, Missouri but was raised in Weatherford, Texas until his family moved to Los Angeles.
- Interred at Hollywood Memorial Cemetery (now called Hollywood Forever), Hollywood, California, USA.
- Was awarded the "One World Committee Award" in 1949.
- Mother was newspaper reporter.