Jun. 20th, 1952
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Gene Walderman
Howard T. Erickson
Vice Dean Laybourne
Acting President Glenallen Walken
Judge Robert Bebe
Capt. Stan Hamel
- He was in the original Broadway cast of the 1985 musical "Big River", which is based on The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn. He played Pap Finn and can be heard on the cast recording singing "Guv'ment".
- Born to Leslie Goodman, Sr, a postal worker (died in 1955), and his wife Virginia, a store clerk and waitress, he has a sister, Elisabeth (born after father's death), and a brother, Leslie, Jr (14 years senior to John).
- Was ordered by his doctors to lose a lot of weight in 2005. He referred to this as his biggest challenge since quitting smoking in 2003.
- His first job was as a bouncer.
- His first TV appearance was for a Burger King commercial in which he had no lines. He only had to bite into a Whopper sandwich with glee.
- Went to Affton High School in Affton, Missouri.
- Has played both the King of England (in _King Ralph (1991)_ (qv)) and the President of the United States (in certain episodes of _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv)).
- Had to lose weight in order to play Babe Ruth.