Jun. 20th, 1952
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
John Goodman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Resides in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Moved to New York City shortly after college and lived in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood. One of the jobs he held down as a struggling actor was as a waiter.
- Born to Leslie Goodman, Sr, a postal worker (died in 1955), and his wife Virginia, a store clerk and waitress, he has a sister, Elisabeth (born after father's death), and a brother, Leslie, Jr (14 years senior to John).
- He was in the original Broadway cast of the 1985 musical "Big River", which is based on The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn. He played Pap Finn and can be heard on the cast recording singing "Guv'ment".
- Appeared in "A Streetcar Named Desire" with 'Alec Baldwin' (qv). Baldwin, who played the role originated by 'Marlon Brando' (qv), has played 'Robert De Niro' (qv) on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv). Goodman has played Brando and De Niro on "Saturday Night Live".
- His unique style of throwing darts, holding the pointing tip of the dart with his thumb and index finger and then throwing the dart with the opposite end pointing to the board, so that the dart makes a 180-degree in mid air, with the pointed end to the stuck board, can be seen in many of his movies such as _King Ralph (1991)_ (qv).
- Started off in a small theater in Springboro, Ohio called the Miami Valley Dinner Theater now called La Comedia Dinner Theater. He appeared in the show "1776" in 1975.
- Graduated from Southwest Missouri State with a drama degree.