Jun. 20th, 1952
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Gene Walderman
Howard T. Erickson
Vice Dean Laybourne
Acting President Glenallen Walken
Judge Robert Bebe
Capt. Stan Hamel
- Started off in a small theater in Springboro, Ohio called the Miami Valley Dinner Theater now called La Comedia Dinner Theater. He appeared in the show "1776" in 1975.
- On "Inside the Actors Studio" he revealed that of all the projects he has worked on, "The Big Lebowski" is his favorite.
- Born to Leslie Goodman, Sr, a postal worker (died in 1955), and his wife Virginia, a store clerk and waitress, he has a sister, Elisabeth (born after father's death), and a brother, Leslie, Jr (14 years senior to John).
- Appeared in "A Streetcar Named Desire" with 'Alec Baldwin' (qv). Baldwin, who played the role originated by 'Marlon Brando' (qv), has played 'Robert De Niro' (qv) on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv). Goodman has played Brando and De Niro on "Saturday Night Live".
- He was regarded as being so crucial to the feature film version of _The Flintstones (1994)_ (qv) that the project would have been shelved if he had turned down the role of Fred.
- Was a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon national fraternity (Missouri Eta chapter - Southwest Missouri State University).
- Went to Affton High School in Affton, Missouri.
- Daughter Molly Evangeline Goodman (born August 31st 1990) with Annabeth Hartzog.