Jun. 20th, 1952
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
John Goodman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- He was in the original Broadway cast of the 1985 musical "Big River", which is based on The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn. He played Pap Finn and can be heard on the cast recording singing "Guv'ment".
- Born to Leslie Goodman, Sr, a postal worker (died in 1955), and his wife Virginia, a store clerk and waitress, he has a sister, Elisabeth (born after father's death), and a brother, Leslie, Jr (14 years senior to John).
- Is a huge fan of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team.
- He was regarded as being so crucial to the feature film version of _The Flintstones (1994)_ (qv) that the project would have been shelved if he had turned down the role of Fred.
- Bought his home in New Orleans, Louisiana, from 'Trent Reznor' (qv), the brain behind the rock band Nine Inch Nails.
- On "Inside the Actors Studio" he revealed that of all the projects he has worked on, "The Big Lebowski" is his favorite.
- Started off in a small theater in Springboro, Ohio called the Miami Valley Dinner Theater now called La Comedia Dinner Theater. He appeared in the show "1776" in 1975.
- His first job was as a bouncer.