Jun. 20th, 1952
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
John Goodman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- His first job was as a bouncer.
- Is one of the favorite hosts on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), hosting the show 11 times and making numerous surprise appearances starting from the 1989-1990 season to the present.
- Started off in a small theater in Springboro, Ohio called the Miami Valley Dinner Theater now called La Comedia Dinner Theater. He appeared in the show "1776" in 1975.
- Born to Leslie Goodman, Sr, a postal worker (died in 1955), and his wife Virginia, a store clerk and waitress, he has a sister, Elisabeth (born after father's death), and a brother, Leslie, Jr (14 years senior to John).
- Bought his home in New Orleans, Louisiana, from 'Trent Reznor' (qv), the brain behind the rock band Nine Inch Nails.
- Had to lose weight in order to play Babe Ruth.
- Graduated from Southwest Missouri State with a drama degree.
- He was regarded as being so crucial to the feature film version of _The Flintstones (1994)_ (qv) that the project would have been shelved if he had turned down the role of Fred.