Jun. 20th, 1952
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
John Goodman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- He was regarded as being so crucial to the feature film version of _The Flintstones (1994)_ (qv) that the project would have been shelved if he had turned down the role of Fred.
- On "Inside the Actors Studio" he revealed that of all the projects he has worked on, "The Big Lebowski" is his favorite.
- Is one of the favorite hosts on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), hosting the show 11 times and making numerous surprise appearances starting from the 1989-1990 season to the present.
- He was in the original Broadway cast of the 1985 musical "Big River", which is based on The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn. He played Pap Finn and can be heard on the cast recording singing "Guv'ment".
- Went to Affton High School in Affton, Missouri.
- His unique style of throwing darts, holding the pointing tip of the dart with his thumb and index finger and then throwing the dart with the opposite end pointing to the board, so that the dart makes a 180-degree in mid air, with the pointed end to the stuck board, can be seen in many of his movies such as _King Ralph (1991)_ (qv).
- Dan Conner, Goodman's character on _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv), was ranked #13 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" [20 June 2004 issue].
- Was a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon national fraternity (Missouri Eta chapter - Southwest Missouri State University).