Jun. 20th, 1952
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Gene Walderman
Howard T. Erickson
Vice Dean Laybourne
Acting President Glenallen Walken
Judge Robert Bebe
Capt. Stan Hamel
- Was considered for the role of Buck Russell in _Uncle Buck (1989)_ (qv).
- Was ordered by his doctors to lose a lot of weight in 2005. He referred to this as his biggest challenge since quitting smoking in 2003.
- Graduated from Southwest Missouri State with a drama degree.
- His unique style of throwing darts, holding the pointing tip of the dart with his thumb and index finger and then throwing the dart with the opposite end pointing to the board, so that the dart makes a 180-degree in mid air, with the pointed end to the stuck board, can be seen in many of his movies such as _King Ralph (1991)_ (qv).
- Appeared in "A Streetcar Named Desire" with 'Alec Baldwin' (qv). Baldwin, who played the role originated by 'Marlon Brando' (qv), has played 'Robert De Niro' (qv) on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv). Goodman has played Brando and De Niro on "Saturday Night Live".
- Daughter Molly Evangeline Goodman (born August 31st 1990) with Annabeth Hartzog.
- He was in the original Broadway cast of the 1985 musical "Big River", which is based on The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn. He played Pap Finn and can be heard on the cast recording singing "Guv'ment".
- On "Inside the Actors Studio" he revealed that of all the projects he has worked on, "The Big Lebowski" is his favorite.