Jun. 20th, 1952
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Gene Walderman
Howard T. Erickson
Vice Dean Laybourne
Acting President Glenallen Walken
Judge Robert Bebe
Capt. Stan Hamel
- Was considered for the role of Buck Russell in _Uncle Buck (1989)_ (qv).
- Moved to New York City shortly after college and lived in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood. One of the jobs he held down as a struggling actor was as a waiter.
- Has played both the King of England (in _King Ralph (1991)_ (qv)) and the President of the United States (in certain episodes of _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv)).
- He was regarded as being so crucial to the feature film version of _The Flintstones (1994)_ (qv) that the project would have been shelved if he had turned down the role of Fred.
- Dan Conner, Goodman's character on _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv), was ranked #13 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" [20 June 2004 issue].
- His first TV appearance was for a Burger King commercial in which he had no lines. He only had to bite into a Whopper sandwich with glee.
- On "Inside the Actors Studio" he revealed that of all the projects he has worked on, "The Big Lebowski" is his favorite.
- Was ordered by his doctors to lose a lot of weight in 2005. He referred to this as his biggest challenge since quitting smoking in 2003.