May. 28th, 1945
Berkeley, California, USA
John Fogerty's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Maverick
Guest TV Roles[none found]
[no bio found]
- Despite their great success, his band, 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv), never had a #1 hit on Billboard's Top-10 chart! They had 9 songs on the chart, with 5 of them peaking only at #2.
- His first album for Dreamworks Records should be released in 2002.
- 6/9/05: Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in New York City alongside 'Robert B. Sherman' (qv), 'Richard M. Sherman' (qv), 'Bill Withers' (qv), 'Steve Cropper' (qv), 'David Porter (VII)' (qv) and 'Isaac Hayes' (qv).
- 1993: Elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv)).
- In 1968 with 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv) opened for 'The Turtles' (qv) at The Filmore East in New York City.
- Shortly after the release of his solo album "Centerfield," he was sued for plagiarizing himself. The lawsuit claimed that his song "The Old Man Down the Road" shared the same chorus as "Run Through the Jungle," a song from his CCR days. Fogerty ended up winning his case, by proving that many artists have very distinct styles that can make different compositions sound similar to unfamiliar ears.
- Brother of 'Tom Fogerty' (qv).