May. 28th, 1945
Berkeley, California, USA
John Fogerty's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Maverick
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Musical Guest
- Fall, 2004" He participated in the Vote for Change concert tour organized to encourage the defeat of 'George W. Bush' (qv) in the U.S. presidential election. It failed.
- On July 4, 1987 he was the closing act, performing 8 of his hit songs, on an all day music marathon "Welcome Home" (Vietnam Veterans). This star-studded charitable event was telecast live from Washington D.C. on HBO US Cable TV.
- Brother of 'Tom Fogerty' (qv).
- In 1968 with 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv) opened for 'The Turtles' (qv) at The Filmore East in New York City.
- Shortly after the release of his solo album "Centerfield," he was sued for plagiarizing himself. The lawsuit claimed that his song "The Old Man Down the Road" shared the same chorus as "Run Through the Jungle," a song from his CCR days. Fogerty ended up winning his case, by proving that many artists have very distinct styles that can make different compositions sound similar to unfamiliar ears.
- 10/5/01: He and wife Julie welcomed the birth of daughter Kelsy Cameron (6 lb., 6 oz., 19 inches), at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, California. She joins brothers Shane, 10, and Tyler, 9, and sister Lyndsay, 17, the latter from wife, Julie's, first marriage.
- Despite their great success, his band, 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv), never had a #1 hit on Billboard's Top-10 chart! They had 9 songs on the chart, with 5 of them peaking only at #2.