May. 28th, 1945
Berkeley, California, USA
John Fogerty's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Maverick
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Musical Guest
- 1993: Elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv)).
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7000 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- 6/9/05: Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in New York City alongside 'Robert B. Sherman' (qv), 'Richard M. Sherman' (qv), 'Bill Withers' (qv), 'Steve Cropper' (qv), 'David Porter (VII)' (qv) and 'Isaac Hayes' (qv).
- On July 4, 1987 he was the closing act, performing 8 of his hit songs, on an all day music marathon "Welcome Home" (Vietnam Veterans). This star-studded charitable event was telecast live from Washington D.C. on HBO US Cable TV.
- Shortly after the release of his solo album "Centerfield," he was sued for plagiarizing himself. The lawsuit claimed that his song "The Old Man Down the Road" shared the same chorus as "Run Through the Jungle," a song from his CCR days. Fogerty ended up winning his case, by proving that many artists have very distinct styles that can make different compositions sound similar to unfamiliar ears.
- Fall, 2004" He participated in the Vote for Change concert tour organized to encourage the defeat of 'George W. Bush' (qv) in the U.S. presidential election. It failed.
- His first album for Dreamworks Records should be released in 2002.
- Brother of 'Tom Fogerty' (qv).