May. 28th, 1945
Berkeley, California, USA
John Fogerty's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Maverick
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Shortly after the release of his solo album "Centerfield," he was sued for plagiarizing himself. The lawsuit claimed that his song "The Old Man Down the Road" shared the same chorus as "Run Through the Jungle," a song from his CCR days. Fogerty ended up winning his case, by proving that many artists have very distinct styles that can make different compositions sound similar to unfamiliar ears.
- Fall, 2004" He participated in the Vote for Change concert tour organized to encourage the defeat of 'George W. Bush' (qv) in the U.S. presidential election. It failed.
- Despite their great success, his band, 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv), never had a #1 hit on Billboard's Top-10 chart! They had 9 songs on the chart, with 5 of them peaking only at #2.
- 10/5/01: He and wife Julie welcomed the birth of daughter Kelsy Cameron (6 lb., 6 oz., 19 inches), at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, California. She joins brothers Shane, 10, and Tyler, 9, and sister Lyndsay, 17, the latter from wife, Julie's, first marriage.
- His first album for Dreamworks Records should be released in 2002.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7000 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- 6/9/05: Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in New York City alongside 'Robert B. Sherman' (qv), 'Richard M. Sherman' (qv), 'Bill Withers' (qv), 'Steve Cropper' (qv), 'David Porter (VII)' (qv) and 'Isaac Hayes' (qv).
- Brother of 'Tom Fogerty' (qv).