May. 28th, 1945
Berkeley, California, USA
John Fogerty's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Maverick
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Brother of 'Tom Fogerty' (qv).
- Fall, 2004" He participated in the Vote for Change concert tour organized to encourage the defeat of 'George W. Bush' (qv) in the U.S. presidential election. It failed.
- On July 4, 1987 he was the closing act, performing 8 of his hit songs, on an all day music marathon "Welcome Home" (Vietnam Veterans). This star-studded charitable event was telecast live from Washington D.C. on HBO US Cable TV.
- Mom: Lucile Fogerty (d. December 1988); Dad: Galen Robert Fogerty (d. 1970s). Brothers: Musician, Tom Fogerty, with whom John played in several groups, including CCR. Tom died in September, 1990 from AIDS, contracted from a blood transfusion during back surgery. Older brother, Jim Fogerty; younger brothers, Dan Fogerty and Bob Fogerty.
- 10/5/01: He and wife Julie welcomed the birth of daughter Kelsy Cameron (6 lb., 6 oz., 19 inches), at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, California. She joins brothers Shane, 10, and Tyler, 9, and sister Lyndsay, 17, the latter from wife, Julie's, first marriage.
- 1993: Elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv)).
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7000 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Shortly after the release of his solo album "Centerfield," he was sued for plagiarizing himself. The lawsuit claimed that his song "The Old Man Down the Road" shared the same chorus as "Run Through the Jungle," a song from his CCR days. Fogerty ended up winning his case, by proving that many artists have very distinct styles that can make different compositions sound similar to unfamiliar ears.