May. 28th, 1945
Berkeley, California, USA
John Fogerty's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Maverick
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- In 1968 with 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv) opened for 'The Turtles' (qv) at The Filmore East in New York City.
- Brother of 'Tom Fogerty' (qv).
- On July 4, 1987 he was the closing act, performing 8 of his hit songs, on an all day music marathon "Welcome Home" (Vietnam Veterans). This star-studded charitable event was telecast live from Washington D.C. on HBO US Cable TV.
- 1993: Elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv)).
- 6/9/05: Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in New York City alongside 'Robert B. Sherman' (qv), 'Richard M. Sherman' (qv), 'Bill Withers' (qv), 'Steve Cropper' (qv), 'David Porter (VII)' (qv) and 'Isaac Hayes' (qv).
- Shortly after the release of his solo album "Centerfield," he was sued for plagiarizing himself. The lawsuit claimed that his song "The Old Man Down the Road" shared the same chorus as "Run Through the Jungle," a song from his CCR days. Fogerty ended up winning his case, by proving that many artists have very distinct styles that can make different compositions sound similar to unfamiliar ears.
- Mom: Lucile Fogerty (d. December 1988); Dad: Galen Robert Fogerty (d. 1970s). Brothers: Musician, Tom Fogerty, with whom John played in several groups, including CCR. Tom died in September, 1990 from AIDS, contracted from a blood transfusion during back surgery. Older brother, Jim Fogerty; younger brothers, Dan Fogerty and Bob Fogerty.