May. 9th, 1961
Wheeling, West Virginia, USA
John Corbett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Best known on film and TV for playing hunky boyfriends, he recently reunited with 'Nia Vardalos (I)' (qv), his _My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)_ (qv) romantic comedy co-star, in _I Hate Valentine's Day (2009)_ (qv), another romantic comedy that she directed.
- Developed sexy hunk status as 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv)'s former fiance, Aidan, on TV's _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) and as 'Nia Vardalos (I)' (qv)'s avid suitor in the box-office film comedy smash _My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)_ (qv). Was the only lead in the movie to turn down the TV spinoff.
- He met girlfriend 'Bo Derek' (qv) on a blind date.
- Will be releasing his debut album, a blend of country and Southern rock, in April of 2006.
- Came to California from the hills of West Virginia and worked as a steel laborer for six years until a back injury forced him to look elsewhere. He took to taking drama classes at a local Los Angeles college.
- Good friends with 'Daryl Hannah' (qv).
- Was a licensed hairstylist.
- Did a slew of tv commercials in his early days, including a stint as spokesman for Ford Motor Company.