Jun. 16th, 1972
Seoul, South Korea
John Cho's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John Yohan Cho (born June 16, 1972) is an American actor and musician. He starred as Harold Lee in the Harold & Kumar films and played the character John, MILF Guy No. 2 who popularized the term "MILF" in the American Pie films. He has also starred in the critically acclaimed Asian American films Better Luck Tomorrow and Yellow.
Born in Seoul, South Korea, and moved to the United States in 1978. He was raised in Los Angeles, where his family settled after living in Houston, Seattle, Daly City, California, and the Monterey Park section of Los Angeles. His father was a minister in the Church of Christ, and was originally from North Korea. Cho graduated from Herbert Hoover High School, in Glendale, California, in 1990. He then attended the University of California, Berkeley, graduating in 1996 with a BA degree in English, and taught English at Pacific Hills School in West Hollywood, California while working at East West Players's theater in downtown Los Angeles
Cho has portrayed the Star Trek character Hikaru Sulu in the Star Trek reboot and starred in the Total Recall remake. On Television, he played FBI agent Demetri Noh in the sci-fi television drama FlashForward and as Chau Presley on the sitcom Off Centre.
He will star the main cast of the upcoming television series Sleepy Hollow.
- Graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a degree in English-language literature.
- John announced that his wife Kerri and he are expecting their first child, a boy. [April 2008].
- Has worked with actor 'Eddie Kaye Thomas' (qv) on six different occasions. They both appeared in the movies _American Pie (1999)_ (qv), _American Pie 2 (2001)_ (qv), _American Wedding (2003)_ (qv), _Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004)_ (qv), and _Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)_ (qv). They also co-starred together in the WB's short-lived sitcom _"Off Centre" (2001)_ (qv).
- Cho immigrated to Los Angeles in 1978, when he was just six years old.
- John was raised in Los Angeles.
- Has worked on nine projects that have been either directed or produced by 'Chris Weitz' (qv) and 'Paul Weitz' (qv).
- His father is a reverend.
- Lead singer of the Los Angeles-based band Left of Zed, which has recently been renamed Viva La Union.