Aug. 1st, 1963
Boulder, Colorado, USA
John Carroll Lynch's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John Carroll Lynch was born August 1st, 1963 in Boulder, Colorado. He was raised in Denver Colorado. It was there John found a passion for acting and became a Denver Broncos fan. He graduated in the mid-80s with a B.F.A. in theatre from the The Catholic University of America / Hartke Theatre Acting program. From then, he continued to work in theatre around the country, but concentrated mostly on his work at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, acting in many plays from Shakespeare to Shaw to Chekhov. In the early nineties, John was able to find time away from the theatre to work in film, as productions came through Minnesota. In 1996, he received critical acclaim for his role as Marge Gunderson's simple husband Norm Gunderson in Fargo (1996). He went on to make two more films that year, both of which were conveniently set in Minnesota, the acclaimed Beautiful Girls (1996) and Feeling Minnesota (1996). Since then, John's film career has been on an amazing climb. Much like other well respected actors from the theatre, such as John Malkovich and Gary Sinise, he chooses to play very interesting and diverse roles.
- During the 1990s, John was a company member of the world-renowned Guthrie Theater Company in Minneapolis, Minnesota as well as being a mentor for the graduate acting program of the University of Minnesota.
- John is an Alumni of Regis Jesuit High School, now located in Aurora, Colorado but he graduated in 1981 when the campus was located in north-west Denver.
- Was first choice to play Arthur Leigh Allen in Zodiac (2007). David Fincher saw his cold performance in The Gothic and decided to cast him.
- Former member of the Guthrie Theater Acting Company.
- Graduated from The Catholic University of America, B.F.A., Theatre program. He was Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa. May 10, 1986.