Mar. 11th, 1967
Mount Vernon, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
John Barrowman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Producers
2004 - De-Lovely
2004 - Method
1987 - The Untouchables
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Contestant
Dr. Dean Deville
Born in Glasgow, Scotland, and raised in Joliet, Illinois. He returned to the UK, for a 6 month Shakespeare semester with the United States International University of San Diego, but left to star in the musical production of "Anything Goes," with Elaine Page. He went on to star in "Miss Saigon," "Matador," "Rope," and "Hair" at London's West End. Barrowman has homes in London and Cardiff, Wales.
- Along with 'Freema Agyeman' (qv), 'Eve Myles' (qv), 'Naoko Mori (I)' (qv) and 'Gareth David-Lloyd' (qv), he is one of only five actors to play the same character (Captain Jack Harkness) in both _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv) and _"Torchwood" (2006)_ (qv).
- Partner of British architect Scott Gill.
- He was nominated for a 1998 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award for Best Actor in a Musical of 1997 season for his performance in The Fix.
- He has performed his cabaret show in New York; Chicago; Washington, D.C.; and Milwaukee.
- Voted best guest actor by readers of Doctor Who Magazine for his five episodes in 2005 season.
- He signed a four-record deal with Sony for doing a very eclectic mix of covers of songs he really likes and things fans have asked him to sing. He wants it to reflect himself, so it will have some musical theater numbers, some pop, and even some country. His first tour started in 2008.
- He has classified his voice as being a "lyric baritone with a low baritone bottom and a tenor top.".
- Was 6 months from graduating from the United States International University of San Diego. He's been asked to return, but has stated that he's learned more by doing than any teacher could teach him.