Mar. 11th, 1967
Mount Vernon, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
John Barrowman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Producers
2004 - De-Lovely
2004 - Method
1987 - The Untouchables
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Contestant
Dr. Dean Deville
Born in Glasgow, Scotland, and raised in Joliet, Illinois. He returned to the UK, for a 6 month Shakespeare semester with the United States International University of San Diego, but left to star in the musical production of "Anything Goes," with Elaine Page. He went on to star in "Miss Saigon," "Matador," "Rope," and "Hair" at London's West End. Barrowman has homes in London and Cardiff, Wales.
- Presented a children's TV show in the UK called _"Live & Kicking" (1993)_ (qv). Played the Beast in the London Musical of the Disney animated film _Beauty and the Beast (1991)_ (qv) at the Dominion Theatre in central London.
- Appeared as an extra in _The Untouchables (1987)_ (qv) - the scene in the police academy where 'Sean Connery' (qv) is recruiting 'Andy Garcia (I)' (qv).
- He signed a four-record deal with Sony for doing a very eclectic mix of covers of songs he really likes and things fans have asked him to sing. He wants it to reflect himself, so it will have some musical theater numbers, some pop, and even some country. His first tour started in 2008.
- He has performed his cabaret show in New York; Chicago; Washington, D.C.; and Milwaukee.
- Voted best guest actor by readers of Doctor Who Magazine for his five episodes in 2005 season.
- Played Mr. Bumble in Joliet West High School's 1983 production of Oliver! alongside Anthony Rapp (as Oliver) and Andy Dick (as Dr. Grimwig).
- He has classified his voice as being a "lyric baritone with a low baritone bottom and a tenor top.".
- Spent some time in Los Angeles chasing movie and TV roles. Made final three in casting for the role of Will in _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv). When he didn't get the part, he demanded an explanation and found he had been rejected as "not gay enough.".