Mar. 11th, 1967
Mount Vernon, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
John Barrowman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Producers
2004 - De-Lovely
2004 - Method
1987 - The Untouchables
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Contestant
Dr. Dean Deville
Born in Glasgow, Scotland, and raised in Joliet, Illinois. He returned to the UK, for a 6 month Shakespeare semester with the United States International University of San Diego, but left to star in the musical production of "Anything Goes," with Elaine Page. He went on to star in "Miss Saigon," "Matador," "Rope," and "Hair" at London's West End. Barrowman has homes in London and Cardiff, Wales.
- Partner of British architect Scott Gill.
- Along with 'Freema Agyeman' (qv), 'Eve Myles' (qv), 'Naoko Mori (I)' (qv) and 'Gareth David-Lloyd' (qv), he is one of only five actors to play the same character (Captain Jack Harkness) in both _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv) and _"Torchwood" (2006)_ (qv).
- Appeared as an extra in _The Untouchables (1987)_ (qv) - the scene in the police academy where 'Sean Connery' (qv) is recruiting 'Andy Garcia (I)' (qv).
- He was joined in a civil partnership (a commitment ceremony which accords gay couples many of the same rights as heterosexual couples in the UK) to his longtime love, architect Scott Gill, at a ceremony in Cardiff Bay on Wednesday 27 December 2006.
- He signed a four-record deal with Sony for doing a very eclectic mix of covers of songs he really likes and things fans have asked him to sing. He wants it to reflect himself, so it will have some musical theater numbers, some pop, and even some country. His first tour started in 2008.
- He was nominated for a 1998 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award for Best Actor in a Musical of 1997 season for his performance in The Fix.
- He recently flew in a Hawker fighter jet representing the Royal Air Force, because Captain Jack (his character in _"Torchwood" (2006)_ (qv)) is in the RAF.
- Was 6 months from graduating from the United States International University of San Diego. He's been asked to return, but has stated that he's learned more by doing than any teacher could teach him.