Dec. 31st, 1972
Needham, Massachusetts, USA
Joey McIntyre's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - On Broadway
Guest TV Roles
Joseph Mulrey McIntyre was born on New Year's Eve 1972 at Deaconess-Glover Hospital in Needham, Massachusetts. He is the youngest of nine children - seven girls and two boys. Joseph is a natural performer and has been working as an artist since the age of six. Joseph's huge shot at stardom came when he was chosen to be a member of the phenomenally successful band New Kids on the Block in 1985. After they broke up in June of 1994, Joseph decided to pursue acting and landed the role of Matt Hucklebee in The Fantasticks (1995) later that same year.
- Graduated from Catholic Memorial High School in West Roxbury, Massachusetts in 1990.
- Was born at Deaconess-Glover Hospital in Needham, Massachusetts.
- He was an alter boy and his brother, Tommy, used to sing in the McIntyre's church's choir.
- Is an Irish Catholic. Said his mother had wanted him to become a priest.
- Grew up in Needham and Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts.
- Brother of actress 'Judith McIntyre' (qv).
- Never far from music, he has released four solo albums: Stay The Same, Meet Joe Mac, One Too Many and most recently 8:09.
- His favorite actress was Geraldine Page who "inspired" him to become an actor.