Jan. 9th, 1965
London, England, UK
Joely Richardson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - The Devil's Violinist
2014 - Vampire Academy
2014 - Endless Love
2007 - The Last Mimzy
2001 - The Affair of the Necklace
2000 - The Patriot
2000 - Maybe Baby
2000 - Return to Me
1997 - Event Horizon
1996 - 101 Dalmatians
1994 - Sister My Sister
1992 - Shining Through
1991 - King Ralph
1988 - Drowning by Numbers
1984 - The Hotel New Hampshire
1968 - The Charge of the Light Brigade
Guest TV Roles
For Joely the theater must be in her genes. Daughter of 'Tony Richardson' and 'Vanessa Redgrave', and granddaughter of actor Sir 'Michael Redgrave', she is the niece of 'Lynn Redgrave' and her sister 'Natasha Richardson' is also an actress. Former husband 'Tim Bevan' is a producer. However the genes were slow - as a child she saw her older sister Natasha interested in acting but she was imagining a career in tennis. Her father put his foot down, and tennis was out. British by birth, she considers herself a sort of honorary Yank, having attended boarding school at Thacher in Ojai, California. Beginning in the 80s film became her life, from small parts in Wetherby (1985) to BBC dramas such as Lady Chatterley (1993) to today's Disney studio going to the dogs in 101 Dalmatians (1996).
- Granddaughter of Sir 'Michael Redgrave' (qv) and 'Rachel Kempson' (qv).
- Both she and her mother 'Vanessa Redgrave' (qv) have played an historical queen who was executed by beheading. Richardson played Marie Antoinette in _The Affair of the Necklace (2001)_ (qv) while her mother played the title character in _Mary, Queen of Scots (1971)_ (qv).
- Sister-in-law of actor 'Liam Neeson' (qv)
- Her real mother, 'Vanessa Redgrave' (qv), plays the mother of Joely's character on the TV series _"Nip/Tuck" (2003)_ (qv).
- Cousin of 'Jemma Redgrave' (qv).
- Half-sister, Katherine Grimond.
- Sister of 'Natasha Richardson (I)' (qv) who passed away on 18 March 2009 in New York, City New York, USA.
- Graduated from RADA (the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art) in 1985. Is now an Associate Member.