Jan. 9th, 1965
London, England, UK
Joely Richardson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
For Joely the theater must be in her genes. Daughter of 'Tony Richardson' and 'Vanessa Redgrave', and granddaughter of actor Sir 'Michael Redgrave', she is the niece of 'Lynn Redgrave' and her sister 'Natasha Richardson' is also an actress. Former husband 'Tim Bevan' is a producer. However the genes were slow - as a child she saw her older sister Natasha interested in acting but she was imagining a career in tennis. Her father put his foot down, and tennis was out. British by birth, she considers herself a sort of honorary Yank, having attended boarding school at Thacher in Ojai, California. Beginning in the 80s film became her life, from small parts in Wetherby (1985) to BBC dramas such as Lady Chatterley (1993) to today's Disney studio going to the dogs in 101 Dalmatians (1996).
- (June 2000 - August 2001) Dated British TV presenter 'Jamie Theakston' (qv).
- Cousin of 'Jemma Redgrave' (qv).
- Mother of 'Daisy Bevan' (qv) (born in March, 1992) with 'Tim Bevan (I)' (qv).
- Is only 12 years older than 'John Hensley (II)' (qv), who plays her son on _"Nip/Tuck" (2003)_ (qv).
- Niece of 'Lynn Redgrave' (qv) and 'Corin Redgrave' (qv).
- Graduated from RADA (the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art) in 1985. Is now an Associate Member.
- Both she and her mother 'Vanessa Redgrave' (qv) have played an historical queen who was executed by beheading. Richardson played Marie Antoinette in _The Affair of the Necklace (2001)_ (qv) while her mother played the title character in _Mary, Queen of Scots (1971)_ (qv).
- Sister-in-law of actor 'Liam Neeson' (qv)