Jan. 9th, 1965
London, England, UK
Joely Richardson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
For Joely the theater must be in her genes. Daughter of 'Tony Richardson' and 'Vanessa Redgrave', and granddaughter of actor Sir 'Michael Redgrave', she is the niece of 'Lynn Redgrave' and her sister 'Natasha Richardson' is also an actress. Former husband 'Tim Bevan' is a producer. However the genes were slow - as a child she saw her older sister Natasha interested in acting but she was imagining a career in tennis. Her father put his foot down, and tennis was out. British by birth, she considers herself a sort of honorary Yank, having attended boarding school at Thacher in Ojai, California. Beginning in the 80s film became her life, from small parts in Wetherby (1985) to BBC dramas such as Lady Chatterley (1993) to today's Disney studio going to the dogs in 101 Dalmatians (1996).
- Cousin of 'Jemma Redgrave' (qv).
- Daughter of 'Tony Richardson (I)' (qv) and 'Vanessa Redgrave' (qv).
- (June 2000 - August 2001) Dated British TV presenter 'Jamie Theakston' (qv).
- Half-sister, Katherine Grimond.
- Sister-in-law of actor 'Liam Neeson' (qv)
- Is only 12 years older than 'John Hensley (II)' (qv), who plays her son on _"Nip/Tuck" (2003)_ (qv).
- Half sister of 'Carlo Gabriel Nero' (qv).
- Her real mother, 'Vanessa Redgrave' (qv), plays the mother of Joely's character on the TV series _"Nip/Tuck" (2003)_ (qv).