Jan. 9th, 1965
London, England, UK
Joely Richardson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Maggie
2014 - Vampire Academy
2014 - Endless Love
2013 - Thanks for Sharing
2013 - Paganini: The Devil's Violinist
2012 - Red Lights
2011 - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
2011 - Anonymous
2007 - The Last Mimzy
2004 - The Fever
2001 - The Affair of the Necklace
2000 - Return to Me
2000 - Maybe Baby
2000 - The Patriot
1997 - Event Horizon
1996 - Loch Ness
1996 - 101 Dalmatians
1995 - Anne Frank Remembered
1994 - Sister My Sister
1992 - Shining Through
1991 - King Ralph
1988 - Drowning by Numbers
1984 - The Hotel New Hampshire
1968 - The Charge of the Light Brigade
Guest TV Roles
For Joely the theater must be in her genes. Daughter of 'Tony Richardson' and 'Vanessa Redgrave', and granddaughter of actor Sir 'Michael Redgrave', she is the niece of 'Lynn Redgrave' and her sister 'Natasha Richardson' is also an actress. Former husband 'Tim Bevan' is a producer. However the genes were slow - as a child she saw her older sister Natasha interested in acting but she was imagining a career in tennis. Her father put his foot down, and tennis was out. British by birth, she considers herself a sort of honorary Yank, having attended boarding school at Thacher in Ojai, California. Beginning in the 80s film became her life, from small parts in Wetherby (1985) to BBC dramas such as Lady Chatterley (1993) to today's Disney studio going to the dogs in 101 Dalmatians (1996).
- Half sister of 'Carlo Gabriel Nero' (qv).
- (June 2000 - August 2001) Dated British TV presenter 'Jamie Theakston' (qv).
- Graduated from RADA (the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art) in 1985. Is now an Associate Member.
- Is only 12 years older than 'John Hensley (II)' (qv), who plays her son on _"Nip/Tuck" (2003)_ (qv).
- Her real mother, 'Vanessa Redgrave' (qv), plays the mother of Joely's character on the TV series _"Nip/Tuck" (2003)_ (qv).
- Sister-in-law of actor 'Liam Neeson' (qv)
- Daughter of 'Tony Richardson (I)' (qv) and 'Vanessa Redgrave' (qv).
- Niece of 'Lynn Redgrave' (qv) and 'Corin Redgrave' (qv).