Nov. 20th, 1971
Joel McHale's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Adult Beginners
2014 - Harmontown
2014 - Blended
2014 - Deliver Us from Evil
2012 - ted
2011 - What's Your Number?
2011 - Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
2009 - The Informant!
2008 - The Onion Movie
2006 - Mini's First Time
2005 - Lords of Dogtown
2004 - Spider-Man 2
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Hosting Hopeful
Himself - Judge
Himself - Guest
Hailing from Seattle, Washington, having graduated from Mercer Island High School, Joel McHale was a cast member on KING-TV's Almost Live! (1984). Following the run of that show, Joel completed the Actor's Training Masters Program at The University of Washington. He moved to LA after graduating, and he quickly landed parts in Will & Grace (1998) and Oliver Beene (2003). 2004 was a big year for Joel, as he booked roles in Spider-Man 2 (2004), The Onion Movie (2008) and Lords of Dogtown (2005).
In addition, he writes, produces and stars in The Soup (2004) on E! where he counts down the most absurd, hysterical, wacky and surreal moments in the world of reality TV and celebrity each week.
- His father's profession moved the family around several times. Joel was born in Rome before his family moved to Washington State, then they lived in Haddonfield, New Jersey for 2 years before moving back to a Seattle suburb.
- His wife gave birth to their first son, Edward Roy McHale, in 2005. They call him Eddie.
- Joel is a member of Theta Chi Fraternity from the Alpha Rho chapter at the University of Washington.
- Went to the University of Washington as an undergrad from 1991-95. Got his bachelor's degree in history and was a tight end for the Husky football team.
- Was a history major and went on to complete the master's program in acting at the University of Washington.
- His son, Eddie, underwent open heart surgery at 2-months-old. He made a full recovery.
- Attended the same high school as Barack Obama's mother (Mercer Island High School ).
- Is known for his appearance in Burger King commercials as an office jerk.