Aug. 11th, 1967
Newark, New Jersey, USA
5' 8 1/2
Joe Rogan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Heckler
2007 - The Union: The Business Behind Getting High
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Announcer
Joseph James "Joe" Rogan (born August 11, 1967) is an American martial artist, stand-up comedian, actor, writer and color commentator. He is best known for playing Joe Garrelli on the NBC sitcom NewsRadio, commentating for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, hosting the NBC reality show Fear Factor and The Joe Rogan Experience podcast.
- Although widely reported to be true, Bryan Callen is not his half brother. Rogan explained in a radio interview that he refers to Callen as his "brother from another mother" to explain the close friendship they have.
- Was the Massachusetts Full Contact Tae Kwon Do champion four consecutive times.
- Has a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and trains with Eddie Bravo.
- At the age of 19, he won the US Open Tae Kwon Do Championship and, as the lightweight champ, went on beat both the middle and heavy weight title holders to take home the Grand Championship.
- Joe is related to Mikey Way and Gerard Way of the East-coast based rock band, My Chemical Romance. Gerard and Mikey are Joe's mother's cousin's sons.
- Commentator for Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- His character on "NewsRadio" was originally named Ted Garelli, but Rogan said there was no way he was a "Ted" and asked to be "Joe" instead.