Dec. 28th, 1976
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Joe Manganiello's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - La Bare
2012 - Magic Mike
2008 - Impact Point
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2002 - Spider-Man
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Joseph Michael "Joe" Manganiello is an American author, director, producer, film and theatre actor. He holds a BFA in acting from the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama. He played Flash Thompson in the original Spider-Man film series, and had various recurring roles in television on ER, How I Met Your Mother and One Tree Hill, before landing his breakout role as werewolf Alcide Herveaux on the HBO television series True Blood for which he has garnered both popular and critical praise.
In 2011, Manganiello was voted "Favorite Pop-Culture Werewolf of All Time" by the readers of Entertainment Weekly, and one of Men's Health Magazine's 100 Fittest Men of All Time, alongside 'Michael Jordan', 'Bo Jackson', 'Michael Phelps', and 'Arnold Schwarzenegger'.
He has since split his time between acting on True Blood and in feature films such as the Steven Soderbergh-directed Magic Mike, the film adaptation of What to Expect When You're Expecting, and the David Ayer directed Sabotage. In late 2013 Manganiello became a published author. His first book Evolution was released by Simon & Schuster's Gallery Books.
Aside from his work life, Manganiello is active with several charities including Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC and he serves on the committee of the Los Angeles-based The Art of Elysium.
- Has been skydiving with the Army's parachute team the "Golden Knights".
- Used to spend his summers on Peaks Island, Maine.
- Graduated in 1995 from Mt. Lebanon High School in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Travelled the world as a roadie for the rockband "Goldfinger".
- Sang backup vocals for rockband "The Used" on their song "Hospital" from their album "Lies for the Liars" and and on the "Goldfinger" song "Wasted" on their album "Disconnection Notice".
- Was a great athlete for the Blue Devils, playing Varsity football until a knee injury sidelined him in tenth grade in a game against Ringgold (Monongahela, Pennsylvania) before recovering and lettering in both basketball and volleyball.
- Graduated with a degree in drama from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Acted 'Jud', in the Mt. Lebanon High School production of 'Oklahoma' in his senior Year.