Dec. 28th, 1976
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Joe Manganiello's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Magic Mike XXL
2014 - La Bare
2014 - Sabotage
2013 - Knight of Cups
2012 - Magic Mike
2012 - What to Expect When You're Expecting
2008 - Impact Point
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2002 - Spider-Man
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Joseph Michael "Joe" Manganiello is an American author, director, producer, film and theatre actor. He holds a BFA in acting from the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama. He played Flash Thompson in the original Spider-Man film series, and had various recurring roles in television on ER, How I Met Your Mother and One Tree Hill, before landing his breakout role as werewolf Alcide Herveaux on the HBO television series True Blood for which he has garnered both popular and critical praise.
In 2011, Manganiello was voted "Favorite Pop-Culture Werewolf of All Time" by the readers of Entertainment Weekly, and one of Men's Health Magazine's 100 Fittest Men of All Time, alongside 'Michael Jordan', 'Bo Jackson', 'Michael Phelps', and 'Arnold Schwarzenegger'.
He has since split his time between acting on True Blood and in feature films such as the Steven Soderbergh-directed Magic Mike, the film adaptation of What to Expect When You're Expecting, and the David Ayer directed Sabotage. In late 2013 Manganiello became a published author. His first book Evolution was released by Simon & Schuster's Gallery Books.
Aside from his work life, Manganiello is active with several charities including Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC and he serves on the committee of the Los Angeles-based The Art of Elysium.
- Originally cast in the part of the spiritual exorcist "Friar Lazaro Mate," in the 2007 film "Sublime," but was recast when he had to cut his long hair and shave his beard to reprise his role as "Flash Thompson" in Spider-Man 3 (2007). He did shoot a day on the film and appears briefly in the hallway scene performing a breast augmentation.
- Used to get paid to dress up like Captain Morgan at bars in Pittsburgh.
- Graduated from Mt. Lebanon High School.
- Sang backup vocals for rockband "The Used" on their song "Hospital" from their album "Lies for the Liars" and and on the "Goldfinger" song "Wasted" on their album "Disconnection Notice".
- Used to shovel sand and gravel off of a truck and do demolitions for a construction company.
- Has been skydiving with the Army's parachute team the "Golden Knights".
- Travelled the world as a roadie for the rockband "Goldfinger".
- Acted 'Jud', in the Mt. Lebanon High School production of 'Oklahoma' in his senior Year.