Nov. 19th, 1962
Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Anne Chan (Voiced)
Jodie Foster (segment "Young Han Solo Audition")
Alethea Patricia Ingram
Alicia Christian Foster (born November 19, 1962), known professionally as Jodie Foster, is an American actress, film director, and producer.
Foster started her career at the age of two in an ad campaign for Coppertone. For four years, she made commercials and finally gave her debut as an actress in the TV series Mayberry R.F.D. (1968), on which her brother, 'Buddy Foster', was a regular.
In 1975, Foster was offered the role of the prostitute Iris in the movie Taxi Driver (1976), after 'Melanie Griffith' turned it down. This role, for which she received an Academy Award nomination in the Best Supporting Actress category, marked a breakthrough in her career.
In 1980, she graduated as the best of her class from the French College of Los Angeles and began to study English Literature at Yale University, from where she graduated in 1985.
One tragic moment in her life was March 30, 1981 when 'John Hinckley' attempted to assassinate the President of the United States, 'Ronald Reagan'. Hinkley was obsessed with Foster and the movie Taxi Driver (1976), in which Travis Bickle, played by 'Robert De Niro', tried to shoot presidential candidate, Palantine.
Despite the fact that Foster never took acting lessons, she received two Oscars before she was thirty years of age. She received her first award for her part as Sarah Tobias in The Accused (1988) and the second one for her performance as Clarice Starling in The Silence of the Lambs (1991).
- An asteroid, 17744 Jodiefoster, was named after her (1998).
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1976" in John'Willis' Screen World, Vol. 28 (1976).
- Sister of 'Buddy Foster' (qv) and 'Connie Foster' (qv).
- Turned down the role of Angel in _Little Darlings (1980)_ (qv). 'Kristy McNichol' (qv) played the part.
- Turned down the role of Amanda in _The Bad News Bears (1976)_ (qv). The part went to 'Tatum O'Neal' (qv).
- Turned down the role of Suzanne Stone in _To Die For (1995)_ (qv). The part went to 'Nicole Kidman' (qv).
- Born Alicia Christian Foster, her three siblings insisted on calling her "Jodie.".
- Is doubled by stuntwoman 'Jill Stokesberry' (qv) in most of her films, starting with _Sommersby (1993)_ (qv).