Aug. 10th, 1979
Tampa, Florida, USA
Joanna Garcia's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Extreme Movie
2001 - American Pie 2
2001 - Not Another Teen Movie
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in Tampa, Florida, USA, she first got into performing at the age of 10 when she auditioned for a local theater production and landed the lead. She continued to act in high school where she was discovered by Nickelodeon and commuted from Florida to Montreal, Canada to star for two seasons in the television series "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" (1991). After graduating from high school, she spent a year attending Florida State University, but dropped out to move to Hollywood where she worked extensively in television and then in popular movies.
- Was homecoming queen at Florida's Tampa Catholic High School.
- Attended Independent Day School in Tampa, a local private school.
- In her spare time, she teaches junior high school students English as a second language.
- Dad Jay is a gynecologist, mom Loraine is a homemaker and brother Michael is a medical school student.
- Joanna is a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority.
- Played the President's daughter in the original pilot for the TV show _"DAG" (2000)_ (qv). However, the show was revamped before airing and her character was eliminated.
- Engaged to 'Trace Ayala' (qv) [June 18, 2008].
- Is of Cuban descent.