81 (passed away Sep. 4th, 2014)
Jun. 8th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Attended Adelphi Academy before going to college.
- She had her first cosmetic surgery procedure (an eye-lift) in 1965 at age 32.
- Educated at Connecticut College for Women.
- After graduating from college and before getting into show business, she was briefly a shoe buyer for Lord & Taylor, a department store in New York.
- Her father was a doctor.
- Educated at Barnard College, New York, New York; studied English and anthropology; B.A. (1954).
- About 1982, she was appointed the first permanent guest hostess on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv). She infuriated 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) when she left to host her own show, _"The Late Show" (1986)_ (qv) on rival Fox network. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) never spoke to her again.
- Is of Russian-Jewish heritage.