81 (passed away Sep. 4th, 2014)
Jun. 8th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Educated at Barnard College, New York, New York; studied English and anthropology; B.A. (1954).
- Graduated from Barnard College.
- The majority of her plastic surgery was performed by Santa Monica surgeon Steven Hoefflin (who also performed plastic surgery on 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv)'s nose). She also receives Botox and collagen injections every four months from New York City dermatologist Patricia Wexler.
- She had her first cosmetic surgery procedure (an eye-lift) in 1965 at age 32.
- About 1982, she was appointed the first permanent guest hostess on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv). She infuriated 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) when she left to host her own show, _"The Late Show" (1986)_ (qv) on rival Fox network. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) never spoke to her again.
- Her father was a doctor.
- She won an Daytime Emmy in 1990 for best talk show host and was nominated for a Tony Award for the play "Donna Marr and her escorts" in 1994. She was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Comedy Recording in 1985.
- Is of Russian-Jewish heritage.