81 (passed away Sep. 4th, 2014)
Jun. 8th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Mother of 'Melissa Rivers' (qv).
- Was one of the final guests to appear on _"The Wayne Brady Show" (2002)_ (qv).
- An accomplished author, she has written several candid autobiographies, including "Enter Talking" and "Still Talking". Author of self-help books, including "Bouncing Back: I've Survived Everything ... and I Mean Everything ... and You Can Too!" and "Don't Count the Candles: Just Keep the Fire Lit!". Author of several comedy books, including "Having a Baby Can Be a Scream" and "The Life and Hard Times of Heidi Abromowitz".
- Collects Faberge eggs.
- She is a Phi Beta Kappa key holder from Barnard College, where she studied anthropology.
- Educated at Barnard College, New York, New York; studied English and anthropology; B.A. (1954).
- Hosted daily talk show on WOR-AM radio in New York City from 1997 until 2002, syndicated to about 50 stations.
- Educated at Connecticut College for Women.