Jun. 8th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Comedienne
Dot Matrix (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- Hosted daily talk show on WOR-AM radio in New York City from 1997 until 2002, syndicated to about 50 stations.
- Is the national spokesperson for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Educated at Barnard College, New York, New York; studied English and anthropology; B.A. (1954).
- An accomplished author, she has written several candid autobiographies, including "Enter Talking" and "Still Talking". Author of self-help books, including "Bouncing Back: I've Survived Everything ... and I Mean Everything ... and You Can Too!" and "Don't Count the Candles: Just Keep the Fire Lit!". Author of several comedy books, including "Having a Baby Can Be a Scream" and "The Life and Hard Times of Heidi Abromowitz".
- Was one of the final guests to appear on _"The Wayne Brady Show" (2002)_ (qv).
- Early in her career, she was a writer for TV's _"Candid Camera" (1953)_ (qv).
- After graduating from college and before getting into show business, she was briefly a shoe buyer for Lord & Taylor, a department store in New York.
- Is of Russian-Jewish heritage.