Jun. 8th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Comedienne
Dot Matrix (Voiced)
Herself - Comedian
Herself - Guest
- She had her first cosmetic surgery procedure (an eye-lift) in 1965 at age 32.
- She won an Daytime Emmy in 1990 for best talk show host and was nominated for a Tony Award for the play "Donna Marr and her escorts" in 1994. She was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Comedy Recording in 1985.
- Attended Adelphi Academy before going to college.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1994 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for portraying the title character, 'Sally Marr' (qv), in "Sally Marr...and Her Escorts."
- Is the national spokesperson for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- An accomplished author, she has written several candid autobiographies, including "Enter Talking" and "Still Talking". Author of self-help books, including "Bouncing Back: I've Survived Everything ... and I Mean Everything ... and You Can Too!" and "Don't Count the Candles: Just Keep the Fire Lit!". Author of several comedy books, including "Having a Baby Can Be a Scream" and "The Life and Hard Times of Heidi Abromowitz".
- After graduating from college and before getting into show business, she was briefly a shoe buyer for Lord & Taylor, a department store in New York.
- Is a vegetarian.