Jun. 8th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Is a vegetarian.
- An accomplished author, she has written several candid autobiographies, including "Enter Talking" and "Still Talking". Author of self-help books, including "Bouncing Back: I've Survived Everything ... and I Mean Everything ... and You Can Too!" and "Don't Count the Candles: Just Keep the Fire Lit!". Author of several comedy books, including "Having a Baby Can Be a Scream" and "The Life and Hard Times of Heidi Abromowitz".
- Educated at Barnard College, New York, New York; studied English and anthropology; B.A. (1954).
- Graduated from Barnard College.
- About 1982, she was appointed the first permanent guest hostess on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv). She infuriated 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) when she left to host her own show, _"The Late Show" (1986)_ (qv) on rival Fox network. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) never spoke to her again.
- Hosted daily talk show on WOR-AM radio in New York City from 1997 until 2002, syndicated to about 50 stations.
- She is an advocate of plastic surgery for older women saying that if a woman can afford it, it is worth it for her self-esteem
- Measurements: 34B-25-36 (post "lift" surgery), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)