Jun. 8th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Comedienne
Dot Matrix (Voiced)
Herself - Comedian
Herself - Guest
- She won an Daytime Emmy in 1990 for best talk show host and was nominated for a Tony Award for the play "Donna Marr and her escorts" in 1994. She was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Comedy Recording in 1985.
- Said the most difficult celebrity she ever interviewed was 'Tommy Lee Jones' (qv), whom she thought was rude.
- An accomplished author, she has written several candid autobiographies, including "Enter Talking" and "Still Talking". Author of self-help books, including "Bouncing Back: I've Survived Everything ... and I Mean Everything ... and You Can Too!" and "Don't Count the Candles: Just Keep the Fire Lit!". Author of several comedy books, including "Having a Baby Can Be a Scream" and "The Life and Hard Times of Heidi Abromowitz".
- Collects Faberge eggs.
- Early in her career she performed as half of the comedy team of "Joanie and Bill". "Bill" was former actor William Perry (1936-2006) who was the nephew of actress 'Toby Wing' (qv).
- Is a vegetarian.
- After graduating from college and before getting into show business, she was briefly a shoe buyer for Lord & Taylor, a department store in New York.
- The majority of her plastic surgery was performed by Santa Monica surgeon Steven Hoefflin (who also performed plastic surgery on 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv)'s nose). She also receives Botox and collagen injections every four months from New York City dermatologist Patricia Wexler.