Jun. 8th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Comedienne
Dot Matrix (Voiced)
Herself - Comedian
Herself - Guest
- About 1982, she was appointed the first permanent guest hostess on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv). She infuriated 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) when she left to host her own show, _"The Late Show" (1986)_ (qv) on rival Fox network. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) never spoke to her again.
- An accomplished author, she has written several candid autobiographies, including "Enter Talking" and "Still Talking". Author of self-help books, including "Bouncing Back: I've Survived Everything ... and I Mean Everything ... and You Can Too!" and "Don't Count the Candles: Just Keep the Fire Lit!". Author of several comedy books, including "Having a Baby Can Be a Scream" and "The Life and Hard Times of Heidi Abromowitz".
- Educated at Connecticut College for Women.
- Collects Faberge eggs.
- Is of Russian-Jewish heritage.
- She had her first cosmetic surgery procedure (an eye-lift) in 1965 at age 32.
- Early in her career, she was a writer for TV's _"Candid Camera" (1953)_ (qv).
- Hosted daily talk show on WOR-AM radio in New York City from 1997 until 2002, syndicated to about 50 stations.