81 (passed away Sep. 4th, 2014)
Jun. 8th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- She won an Daytime Emmy in 1990 for best talk show host and was nominated for a Tony Award for the play "Donna Marr and her escorts" in 1994. She was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Comedy Recording in 1985.
- Hosted daily talk show on WOR-AM radio in New York City from 1997 until 2002, syndicated to about 50 stations.
- Collects Faberge eggs.
- Was one of the final guests to appear on _"The Wayne Brady Show" (2002)_ (qv).
- Early in her career, she was a writer for TV's _"Candid Camera" (1953)_ (qv).
- After graduating from college and before getting into show business, she was briefly a shoe buyer for Lord & Taylor, a department store in New York.
- Said the most difficult celebrity she ever interviewed was 'Tommy Lee Jones' (qv), whom she thought was rude.
- She is an advocate of plastic surgery for older women saying that if a woman can afford it, it is worth it for her self-esteem