Oct. 11th, 1962
New York City, New York, USA
Joan Cusack's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - The Perks of Being a Wallflower
2011 - Hoodwinked Too! Hood VS. Evil
2011 - Arthur Christmas
2011 - Mars Needs Moms
2010 - Toy Story 3
2009 - Confessions of a Shopaholic
2008 - War, Inc.
2008 - Kit Kittredge: An American Girl
2007 - Martian Child
2005 - Ice Princess
2005 - Chicken Little
2004 - The Last Shot
2004 - Raising Helen
2003 - School of Rock
2003 - Looney Tunes: Back in Action
2000 - High Fidelity
1999 - Toy Story 2
1999 - Arlington Road
1999 - Runaway Bride
1997 - Grosse Pointe Blank
1996 - Mr. Wrong
1995 - Nine Months
1994 - Corrina, Corrina
1993 - Addams Family Values
1992 - Toys
1989 - Say Anything...
1988 - Married to the Mob
1988 - Working Girl
1987 - Broadcast News
1984 - Sixteen Candles
1983 - Class
1980 - My Bodyguard
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Joan Mary Cusack (born October 11,1962) is an actress.
Born in New York City, New York and raised in Evanston, Illinois. She is the daughter of Nancy and Dick Cusack. Her father was an advertising executive, writer and actor and her mother was a math teacher. Her siblings - Susie Cusack, John Cusack, Ann Cusack and Bill Cusack also act. Raised in Illinois, Cusack was actively encouraged to explore her creativity by her parents, and as a child she joined the Piven Theater Workshop. She went on to learn and perform improvisation at the Story Theater and The Ark. Later she attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, graduating with a bachelor's degree in English.
Whilst at university, Cusack took some small film roles, but her big break came after graduation, when she joined the cast of the legendary Saturday Night Live. However, she only stayed for a season before moving on to explore other projects. In 1987, she produced a memorable turn in the acclaimed Broadcast News (1987), and she was Oscar nominated for her performance in Working Girl (1988). Other notable films include Addams Family Values (1993), Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) and In & Out (1997), which earned her a second Oscar nomination. She also provided, superbly, the voice of Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl in Toy Story 2 (1999) and Toy Story 3 (2010). On television she scored a role on Shameless, with her work garnering her an Emmy nomination.
Cusack is married to an attorney, Dick Burke. They have two sons - Dylan and Miles. She owns a home in Three Oaks Township, Michigan and lives in Chicago, Illinois.
- In the mid-1980s, was a co-founder of the three woman improv comedy troupe, "An Impulsive Thing," with 'Bonnie Hunt' (qv) and 'Holly Wortell' (qv).
- Cusack was the first regular cast member of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) (1985-86 season) to be nominated for an Academy Award. She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her work in _Working Girl (1988)_ (qv).
- One of her conditions for starring in the show _"What About Joan" (2001)_ (qv) was that it had to be produced in Chicago so she would not have to leave her family.
- Husband, Dick Burke, is a Chicago attorney.
- Has appeared in 10 movies with her brother 'John Cusack' (qv). (2008).
- Sister of 'Susie Cusack' (qv), 'John Cusack' (qv), 'Ann Cusack' (qv) and 'Bill Cusack' (qv).
- Attended the Piven Theater workshop.
- (July 2000) Second son, Miles Burke, born.