Jun. 27th, 1966
New York City, New York, USA
J.J. Abrams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has three children with wife Katie: Henry (b. 1998), Gracie (b. 1999) and August (b. 11 January, 2006).
- One of 115 people invited to join AMPAS in 2007.
- Is a fan of 'Howard Stern (I)' (qv), who is also a fan of of his work (particularly _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) and _Star Trek (2009)_ (qv)) and personally called 'Artie Lange' (qv) through his agent to congratulate him on his being hired to replace 'Jackie Martling' ("The Joke Man") as a sidekick in 2002. Also gave Stern's daughters a tour of the _"Felicity" (1998)_ (qv) set.
- His debut film _Mission: Impossible III (2006)_ (qv) is the most expensive film ever made by a first-time director.
- He has discussed wanting to be more involved in the 3rd season of _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) (interminently with his film schedule) because he hasn't been directly involved in the show since the 6th episode of the first season.
- Son of 'Gerald W. Abrams' (qv).
- While he was writing scripts in college, he used the 'Alvin Sargent' (qv) screenplay to _Ordinary People (1980)_ (qv) as a guide.
- 2007 - Ranked #29 on EW's The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.