Jun. 27th, 1966
New York City, New York, USA
J.J. Abrams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1999 - The Suburbans
1996 - Diabolique
1993 - Six Degrees of Separation
1991 - Regarding Henry
Guest TV Roles
Man on the phone saying "Joey's Pizza" (Voiced)
- Gave _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv) star 'Jennifer Garner (I)' (qv) a pink bicycle for her birthday. She would often greet the production crew by ringing the bells on the bike's handlebars.
- Son of 'Gerald W. Abrams' (qv).
- He once worked as a home inspector in the San Fernando Valley with Jay Fesler and Dan Johnson.
- Is a fan of 'Howard Stern (I)' (qv), who is also a fan of of his work (particularly _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) and _Star Trek (2009)_ (qv)) and personally called 'Artie Lange' (qv) through his agent to congratulate him on his being hired to replace 'Jackie Martling' ("The Joke Man") as a sidekick in 2002. Also gave Stern's daughters a tour of the _"Felicity" (1998)_ (qv) set.
- J.J. Abrams has been involved with several projects that avail themselves of the social theory called the "Milgram Small World Phenomenon," after the social psychologist Stanley Milgram, who conducted acquaintance path experiments. John Guare's play _Six Degrees of Separation (1993)_ (qv) (and its subsequent film adaptation) is heavily responsible for introducing to the pop culture at large the notion that everyone in the world is separated by only six other people; Abrams had a small acting role in the film version. Abrams went on to produce _"Six Degrees" (2006)_ (qv), a TV show with a premise predicated on this theory, and _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv), a TV show in which seemingly unconnected and disparate characters often end up having hidden or unknown links to each other.
- While he was writing scripts in college, he used the 'Alvin Sargent' (qv) screenplay to _Ordinary People (1980)_ (qv) as a guide.
- He has discussed wanting to be more involved in the 3rd season of _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) (interminently with his film schedule) because he hasn't been directly involved in the show since the 6th episode of the first season.
- He says he got the job directing _Mission: Impossible III (2006)_ (qv) after 'Tom Cruise' (qv) watched early episodes of _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv) on DVD and loved them. The two started hanging out together and Cruise offered him the job.