Jun. 27th, 1966
New York City, New York, USA
J.J. Abrams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- He says he got the job directing _Mission: Impossible III (2006)_ (qv) after 'Tom Cruise' (qv) watched early episodes of _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv) on DVD and loved them. The two started hanging out together and Cruise offered him the job.
- Has three children with wife Katie: Henry (b. 1998), Gracie (b. 1999) and August (b. 11 January, 2006).
- 2007 - Ranked #29 on EW's The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.
- Is a fan of 'Howard Stern (I)' (qv), who is also a fan of of his work (particularly _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) and _Star Trek (2009)_ (qv)) and personally called 'Artie Lange' (qv) through his agent to congratulate him on his being hired to replace 'Jackie Martling' ("The Joke Man") as a sidekick in 2002. Also gave Stern's daughters a tour of the _"Felicity" (1998)_ (qv) set.
- While he was writing scripts in college, he used the 'Alvin Sargent' (qv) screenplay to _Ordinary People (1980)_ (qv) as a guide.
- Named one of Fade In Magazine's "100 People in Hollywood You Need to Know" in 2005
- Gave _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv) star 'Jennifer Garner (I)' (qv) a pink bicycle for her birthday. She would often greet the production crew by ringing the bells on the bike's handlebars.
- His debut film _Mission: Impossible III (2006)_ (qv) is the most expensive film ever made by a first-time director.