Mar. 24th, 1973
Houston, Texas, USA
Jim Parsons' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Joseph "Jim" Parsons (born March 24, 1973) is an American television and film actor best known for playing Sheldon Cooper on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory, with his performance often cited as a significant reason for the program's success.
On July 16, 2009, he was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for his work on The Big Bang Theory. In August 2009, he won the Television Critics Association award for the highest individual achievements in comedy.
In April 2010, he received the National Association of Broadcasters Television Chairman's Award for a significant break-through in one or more specific art discipline.
- He is good friends with co-stars Simon Hedberg and Kaley Cuoco.
- He enjoys watching 'Lost', 'American Idol' and 'Grey's Anatomy'.
- Jim's favorite character on 'The Big Bang Theory' is Penny.
- Worked for Microsoft Sidewalk in Houston as an assistant for Megan Halverson.
- Is prone to motion sickness. Riding in a car will make him nauseous so he prefers to drive.
- Played a bird in his first school play in elementary school.
- Was a member of Infernal Bridegroom Productions, a Houston-based theater company.
- 1991 graduate of Klein Oak High School in Spring, Texas.