Mar. 24th, 1973
Houston, Texas, USA
Jim Parsons' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Home
2014 - Wish I Was Here
2011 - The Muppets
2007 - Gardener of Eden
2006 - School for Scoundrels
2006 - 10 Items or Less
2005 - Heights
2005 - The Great New Wonderful
2004 - Garden State
2003 - Nowhere to Go But Up
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Joseph "Jim" Parsons (born March 24, 1973) is an American television and film actor best known for playing Sheldon Cooper on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory, with his performance often cited as a significant reason for the program's success.
On July 16, 2009, he was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for his work on The Big Bang Theory. In August 2009, he won the Television Critics Association award for the highest individual achievements in comedy.
In April 2010, he received the National Association of Broadcasters Television Chairman's Award for a significant break-through in one or more specific art discipline.
- Is prone to motion sickness. Riding in a car will make him nauseous so he prefers to drive.
- He enjoys watching 'Lost', 'American Idol' and 'Grey's Anatomy'.
- Played a bird in his first school play in elementary school.
- Favorite show growing up was Three's Company.
- Often panics the day before taping The Big Bang Theory that he will forget his lines.
- Jim's favorite character on 'The Big Bang Theory' is Penny.
- Jim's theatrical credits include Endgame, Guys and Dolls, What Happened Was and The Balcony.
- He is good friends with co-stars Simon Hedberg and Kaley Cuoco.