Aug. 28th, 1959
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Jim Fitzpatrick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Indian
2006 - Distortion
2005 - Elizabethtown
2003 - An American Reunion
1998 - Armageddon
1990 - Ski Patrol
1986 - Band of the Hand
1985 - Cocoon
1985 - D.A.R.Y.L.
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Cmdr. Murray Douglas
T.A.C. Team Captain Weston Buell
Lt. Col. McGreun
Camp Pendleton Security Chief Robert Burkehart
CIA Guard Allman
Jim Fitzpatrick was born in Bellevue, Nebraska, on Offutt Air Force Base, better known as SAC (Strategic Air Command) headquarters. He eventually returned to Florida where parents (Jim Sr. and Cookie) are from and began his acting career on the stage at the tender age of 13 when he appeared in his first school play, A Thousand Clowns, at Seminole (Florida) High School. Jim accepted a Football scholarship to Illinois State University as a theater major where he became involved with the Steppenwolf Theatre Company founded by Gary Sinise and John Malkovich. He put aside an acting career to play professional football, however, starting in 1981 with the Hamilton Tiger Cats in the CFL (Canadian Football league) followed by short stints with the Chicago Bears ('81) and the Baltimore Colts ('82). His football career ended when he retired in 1985, after spending three seasons with the Tampa Bay Bandits in the USFL ('83-'85). However, playing for the Bandits was a blessing in disguise. One of the owners of the Bandits was Burt Reynolds, who was instrumental in setting Jim's career in Los Angeles in motion. Jim began auditioning for productions during the off-seasons. Before moving to L.A., he landed parts in Miami Vice, Cocoon and D.A.R.Y.L.. Since then, Jim has appeared in over 30 plays for the stage (six of which he has written, produced and directed in Los Angeles). He has also starred and guest-starred in over 50 roles in films and television such as U.S. Seals, Operation Delta Force 3: Clear Target, Armageddon (1998), Star Trek: Enterprise, JAG and All My Children.
Besides acting, James has written, produced and directed a poignant romantic dramedy entitled An American Reunion, one of 31 screenplays he has written and produced. James filmed a pilot for a TV series called Supernatural (2003), which he executive produced and directed. Jim, his actress wife Jodi Knotts, and their two sons, JJ and Jadon have recently moved from Los Angeles to Seminole, Florida, where he is directing the first film in a series of three called Scouts Honor.
- Writer/Director David Klass was Jim's best-man at his wedding, aboard a 33 ft. Yacht in the San Francisco bay, on the fourth of July, 1990.
- Jimmy was the first Tarzan at the theme park Busch Gardens, in Tampa Florida.
- He and Sam Shepard became friends in the late 80s, during an evening of Tequila and a deep discussion about the philosophy of writing two and three act semi-autobiographical plays for the stage. Several years later James co-starred in one of Sam's most controversial Pulitzer Prize Winning plays, entitled, 'Curse of The Starving Class.'.
- His _"Enterprise" (2001)_ (qv) character, Commander Williams, was named after 'William Shatner' (qv).
- In 1987, Jimmy became close friends with feature director Michael Bay (Armageddon, Bad Boys 1 & 2, The Rock). They met while Michael was still attending film school in college and holding auditions, when Michael asked Jimmy to Star in Senior Thesis Project. In fact, Jimmy has starred in over 18 different Films, National Commercials, Music Videos, and a short, titled 'Evicted', for Michael. They're still close friends to this day.
- In 1986, James and his best friend Director/Producer Corbin Timbrook met at an audition for a feature film titled 'Money Can't Buy Me Love,' vying for the role of the same character. Corbin and James have since worked together over 20 times in Feature Films, TV Series Episodes, and theatrical Plays for the stage in Los Angeles. The success of their friendship Jim says, "Total belief and support of each other. We knew we were gonna be successful in this industry, and in most regards, we already have been.".
- Set-up Cameron Diaz with his Agent, which helped launch her professional acting career.
Related sites for this celeb