Jan. 17th, 1962
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Jim Carrey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Eugene Carrey is a Canadian-American actor, comedian, impressionist, screenwriter, producer and painter. He is known for his energetic slapstick performances.
- Owns his own $25 million dollar plane.
- Manager is 'Jimmy Miller (II)' (qv), who is the younger brother of actor-comedian 'Dennis Miller (I)' (qv).
- Before 'Martin Scorsese' (qv)'s _The Aviator (2004)_ (qv), he spent years trying to produce and star in a film of 'Howard Hughes (I)' (qv)' life as Hughes himself.
- Was a straight-A student until he dropped out.
- First actor to reach 20 million dollar mark salary (for _The Cable Guy (1996)_ (qv))
- On September 13th, 2006, Carrey fired his agent of 15 years, Nick Stevens.
- Ranked #5 in Star TV's Top 10 Box Office Stars of the 1990s (2003)
- Bought a Harley Davidson motorcycle and got a vanity license plate for it which read "NO TAG" as a joke. This resulted in Jim receiving numerous traffic tickets in the mail that were meant for other people. As it turns out, when filling out a ticket, police officers write "no tag" in the license plate number slot on the ticket when the offending vehicle has no license plate. In some cases, this was interpreted as the actual license plate number, as it was in Jim's case, which caused the tickets to be routed to him.