Jul. 10th, 1980
Dallas, Texas, USA
Jessica Simpson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jessica Ann Simpson was born July 10, 1980, in Abilene Texas to Joe and Tina Simpson. She grew up in Richardson, Texas, living a normal childhood as the daughter of a youth minister. In church, she was able to shine, using her gifted voice to attract an independent record producer. This producer was the first of many to see the potential for greatness in Jessica. However, because of the lack of finances the independent label went bankrupt, preventing Jessica's album from reaching wider audiences.
Although heartbroken, Jessica's dream to be on the radio remained. With support from her family, and her father's managerial talents, Jessica's independent album managed to work its way to Tommy Mottola's desk, then President of Columbia Records. He was won over by her "pure heart" and strong voice. Jessica's singing career with Columbia would take her all over the world many times over and include three major albums reaching Gold, Platinum, and double Platinum.
As a born performer, it was only natural for Jessica to spend more time in front of the camera both in television and feature films. Audiences were naturally drawn to her open and uncensored attitude, contributing to the success of the hit reality show Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica (2003), which she starred in alongside her then husband'Nick Lachey She followed up the show by making the bold choice to fill in the famous Dasiy Duke shorts" alongside Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott in her debut performance for the film version of The Dukes of Hazzard (2005).
Jessica has proven she is a rare talent with an ability to capture the hearts and minds of fans around the globe. Whether it be music or film, it is evident that she has a long career ahead of her as she continues to change and grow as an artist.
- Her wedding gown was designed by 'Vera Wang' (qv).
- Performed at President 'George W. Bush' (qv)'s Inauguration (2001).
- Was nominated for the 2006 Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actress along side her sister 'Ashlee Simpson-Wentz' (qv). Ashlee was nominated for her performance in the film _Undiscovered (2005)_ (qv), while Jessica was nominated for her performance in _The Dukes of Hazzard (2005)_ (qv). Neither won the award, however.
- Has a Mercedes Benz SL500.
- Her all-time favorite song is Berlin's "Take My Breath Away". She sang a re- recording of the song.
- Close friends with musical group Destiny's Child.
- Was picked as #1 on "Maxim" top 100 hot list for 2004.
- Has stated her natural hair color is brown.