Jul. 10th, 1980
Dallas, Texas, USA
5' 3 1/2"
Jessica Simpson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jessica Ann Simpson was born July 10, 1980, in Abilene Texas to Joe and Tina Simpson. She grew up in Richardson, Texas, living a normal childhood as the daughter of a youth minister. In church, she was able to shine, using her gifted voice to attract an independent record producer. This producer was the first of many to see the potential for greatness in Jessica. However, because of the lack of finances the independent label went bankrupt, preventing Jessica's album from reaching wider audiences.
Although heartbroken, Jessica's dream to be on the radio remained. With support from her family, and her father's managerial talents, Jessica's independent album managed to work its way to Tommy Mottola's desk, then President of Columbia Records. He was won over by her "pure heart" and strong voice. Jessica's singing career with Columbia would take her all over the world many times over and include three major albums reaching Gold, Platinum, and double Platinum.
As a born performer, it was only natural for Jessica to spend more time in front of the camera both in television and feature films. Audiences were naturally drawn to her open and uncensored attitude, contributing to the success of the hit reality show "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica" (2003), which she starred in alongside her then husband Nick Lachey. She followed up the show by making the bold choice to fill in the famous "Dasiy Duke shorts" alongside Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott in her debut performance for the film version of The Dukes of Hazzard (2005).
Jessica has proven she is a rare talent with an ability to capture the hearts and minds of fans around the globe. Whether it be music or film, it is evident that she has a long career ahead of her as she continues to change and grow as an artist.
- Her first album was a Christian album, when she was 14.
- (February 2002) Engaged to 98 Degrees singer 'Nick Lachey' (qv)
- Friend of 'Jamie-Lynn Sigler' (qv).
- Her spectacular figure features a natural 36DD bust that blossomed in junior high school. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- In 2007 when she was the girlfriend of Dallas Cowboys quarterback 'Tony Romo' (qv), she appeared up in the Cowboys' stadium luxury box during a December game against the Eagles. She was wearing a pink Cowboys jersey with Romo's number. Unfortunately this did not help Romo as he had his worst game of the season, throwing three interceptions in a 10-6 loss. This lead many Cowboys fans to speculate that she was a distraction, calling her Yoko Romo.
- During one of her promotional visits to Europe, Dutch magician Hans Klok sawed her in half in an illusion called "Clearly Impossible".
- Split with 'Tony Romo' (qv) [July 2009].
- Recorded a cover of "A Whole New World" with husband 'Nick Lachey' (qv) for the _Aladdin (1992)_ (qv) Special Edition DVD.