Mar. 3rd, 1982
Ely, Minnesota, USA
Jessica Biel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jessica Claire Biel (born March 3, 1982) is an American actress, model, and singer. She began her career as a vocalist appearing in musical productions until she was cast as "Mary Camden" in the family-drama series 7th Heaven, for which she achieved recognition.The series is the longest-running series that has ever aired on The WB channel and is the longest-running family drama in television history.
Biel was born in Ely, Minnesota to business consultant/GE worker Jonathan Biel and homemaker/spiritual healer Kimberly Conroe. She is of German, French, English, Irish, and Choctaw ancestry. Her brother Justin (born 1985) runs the eco accessory line BARE. Biel's family moved frequently during her childhood, living in Texas, Connecticut, and Woodstock, Illinois, before finally settling in Boulder, Colorado where she attended Fairview High School. While growing up, Biel played soccer and also trained as a gymnast. From 2000 to 2002, she attended Tufts University.
As a child Beil initially pursued a career as a vocalist, performing in musical theater. Beginning at age nine, she starred in such productions as Annie, The Sound of Music, and Beauty and the Beast. A natural beauty, Beil soon turned to modeling and commercial work by competing in The International Modeling and Talent Association's Annual Conference in 1994.
Biel landed her first feature film role as Peter Fonda's granddaughter in the critically acclaimed drama Ulee's Gold, released in 1997. Her performance earned her a Young Artist Award. In spring 1998, during a break from filming 7th Heaven, she starred in I'll Be Home for Christmas, playing the love interest of Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
Biel has since starred in many films, including The Rules of Attraction (2002), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), Blade: Trinity (2004), Stealth (2005), I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (2007), The A-Team (2010), New Year's Eve (2011), and Total Recall (2012). She appeared in the thriller indie film Emanuel and the Truth about Fishes in 2013.
Biel and Adam LaVorgna had an off-screen relationship after meeting on set of the film I'll Be Home For Christmas in 1998, they broke up in summer 2001.
In January 2007, she began dating singer Justin Timberlake, with whom she had been photographed on multiple occasions. They became engaged in the mountains of Montana in December 2011. The couple married (October 19, 2012) at the Borgo Egnazia resort in Fasano, Italy.
In her spare time, Beil is involved with charities such as Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and PETA. Her hobbies include ballet, soccer, running, yoga and hiking with her dog East.
- Is of German, French, English and Native American (Choctaw) heritage.
- Agreed to return for the season 10 finale of _"7th Heaven" (1996)_ (qv) (originally the series finale before the show got picked up by the CW) after 'Brenda Hampton' (qv) begged her to. The episode had already been shot but Hampton was determined to have Biel back for one last time. Jessica filmed her brief scenes during a break from filming _Next (2007)_ (qv).
- Was the first choice to play Abbey Chase in the television adaptation of the comic book "Danger Girl". Unfortunately, the project fell through.
- Named a Global Brand Ambassador for Revlon [May 4, 2009].
- Ranked #99 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002).
- Her father ran an Outward Bound school and worked as an international business consultant.
- Ranked #3 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Has hazel eyes and brown hair.