Feb. 12th, 1979
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Jesse Spencer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - The Girl Is In Trouble
2003 - Uptown Girls
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jesse Gordon Spencer (born February 12, 1979) is an Australian actor and musician. He is best known for his portrayal of Dr. Robert Chase on the medical drama House.
Born in Melbourne. His parents, Robyn and Rodney Spencer, are the founders of the Australians Against Further Immigration political party; they have run several times as candidates in federal and state elections for that party and for One Nation. Spencer stated in an interview that he did not want to talk about his parents' politics. He has two older brothers: Tarney, an oculo-plastic surgeon, and Luke, an orthopaedic surgeon. His younger sister Polly is an anaesthetic registrar. He attended Canterbury Primary School, Malvern Central School, and the private Scotch College. While there, he auditioned for the long-running soap opera Neighbours. He continued to work toward his VCE qualification, graduating in 1997.
Spencer portrayed Billy Kennedy in the Australian soap opera Neighbours from 1994 to 2000. He later reprised his role in 2005, in an episode celebrating the show's 20th anniversary. He has since appeared in films such as Winning London, Uptown Girls, and Swimming Upstream. From 2004 to 2012, he played on the Fox medical drama House. He portrayed Chase for the show's entire run, becoming the second longest-serving member of the title character's team. In 2012, Spencer began starring as Lt. Matthew Casey in the NBC drama Chicago Fire.
He and former House co-star 'Jennifer Morrison' first met in (March 2004) at Vancouver International Airport, when they were on their way to film the pilot episode of House. They started dating in (July 2004) and were engaged while on vacation in Paris during Christmas (2006). In (August 2007) Spencer and Morrison announced had called off the engagement.
- Unveiled an _Uptown Girls (2003)_ (qv) window display in New York with co-stars 'Brittany Murphy' (qv) and 'Dakota Fanning' (qv).
- 8/15/07: Engagement to 'Jennifer Morrison (II)' (qv) has been canceled.
- Has played the violin since the age of 10.
- He was in the Australian boys choir.
- 2007: In People's 100 Most Beautiful People issue.
- Has two older brothers and a younger sister.
- Was engaged to _"House M.D." (2004)_ (qv) co-star 'Jennifer Morrison (II)' (qv).
- Just like his characters Billy Kennedy (_"Neighbours" (1985)_ (qv)) and Robert Chase (_"House M.D." (2004)_ (qv)), his real-life father and brothers are all doctors.