Nov. 30th, 1971
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Jessalyn Gilsig's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Somewhere Slow
2009 - The Stepfather
2008 - Prom Night
2007 - Flood
1998 - The Horse Whisperer
1998 - The Horse Whisperer
1998 - Quest for Camelot
1989 - Jacknife
Guest TV Roles
Detective Kelly Ronson
Agent Suzanne Shivers
Jessalyn Gilsig (born November 30, 1971) is a Canadian actress known for her roles in television series, e.g. as Lauren Davis in Boston Public, Gina Russo in Nip/Tuck, Terri Schuester, in Glee, and as Siggy Haraldson on the History Channel series Vikings.
Born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, the daughter of Claire, a writer and translator, and Toby Gilsig, an engineer. She began her acting in a voice work part at age 12 for a National Film Board of Canada production, Masquerade. Gilsig attended high school at Trafalgar School for Girls in downtown Montreal.
Gilsig attended McGill University in Montreal, from 1989 to 1993, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 1993. She later pursued her acting studies further at Harvard University's Institute for Advanced Theater Training.
Gilsig has an extensive list of theater credits to her name. Among the American Repertory Theatre projects in which she appeared are The Cherry Orchard, Henry V, The Oresteia, Tartuffe and The Tempest. She also appeared in the Alliance Theatre production of The Last Night of Ballyhoo, and in numerous other live productions and television commercials.
Gilsig met and briefly dated her future husband Bobby Salomon as a high school student, he the football team quarterback she described as a "cool guy"; after Salomon, a film producer, moved to Hollywood in 2002, Gilsig and he renewed their friendship, began dating again, and wed (January 1, 2005) in a traditional Jewish wedding (Gilsig being Jewish on her father's side). Gilsig and Salomon have a daughter, Penelope, (born September 26, 2006).
Gilsig filed for divorce from Salomon on (September 8, 2010), citing irreconcilable differences, having been separated since 2009
- Daughter, Penelope was born on September 26, 2006.
- In late 1999, she was going to replace actress 'Paula Marshall (I)' (qv) who was leaving the series _"Snoops" (1999)_ (qv). However, that show was cancelled before Gilsig was set to join the cast and producer 'David E. Kelley (I)' (qv) gave her a role on his next show _"Boston Public" (2000)_ (qv) instead.
- Provided/painted all the art pieces of 'Patricia Clarkson' (qv)'s character in "The Station Agent", written and directed by her _"Boston Public" (2000)_ (qv) co-star 'Thomas McCarthy (I)' (qv).
- Attended McGill University, Montreal, Quebec from 1989 to 1993 and graduated with a degree in English.
- Daughter of Toby Gilsig, an engineer, and wife Clare, a writer and translator.
- Her husband, 'Bobby Salomon' (qv) was her prom date in high school.
- Is Jewish on her father's side and married in a traditional Jewish wedding.