Montréal, Québec, Canada
Jessalyn Gilsig's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Stepfather
2008 - Prom Night
2007 - Flood
1998 - Quest for Camelot
1998 - The Horse Whisperer
1989 - Jacknife
Guest TV Roles
Detective Kelly Ronson
Agent Suzanne Shivers
Jessalyn Gilsig has an extensive list of theater credits to her name. A graduate of McGill University in Montreal, Canada, Gilsig received her theatrical training at the American Repertory Theatre's Institute for Advanced Theatre Training at Harvard University. Among the American Repertory Theatre projects in which she appeared are "The Cherry Orchard," "Henry V," "The Oresteia," "Tartuffe" and "The Tempest." She also appeared in the Alliance Theatre production of "The Last Night of Ballyhoo," and in numerous other live productions and television commercials.
- Attended McGill University, Montreal, Quebec from 1989 to 1993 and graduated with a degree in English.
- In late 1999, she was going to replace actress 'Paula Marshall (I)' (qv) who was leaving the series _"Snoops" (1999)_ (qv). However, that show was cancelled before Gilsig was set to join the cast and producer 'David E. Kelley (I)' (qv) gave her a role on his next show _"Boston Public" (2000)_ (qv) instead.
- Daughter of Toby Gilsig, an engineer, and wife Clare, a writer and translator.
- Daughter, Penelope was born on September 26, 2006.
- Her husband, 'Bobby Salomon' (qv) was her prom date in high school.
- Is Jewish on her father's side and married in a traditional Jewish wedding.
- Provided/painted all the art pieces of 'Patricia Clarkson' (qv)'s character in "The Station Agent", written and directed by her _"Boston Public" (2000)_ (qv) co-star 'Thomas McCarthy (I)' (qv).