Feb. 13th, 1944
London, England, UK
Jerry Springer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Domino
2004 - The Defender
2003 - Citizen Verdict
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1998 - Kissing a Fool
1998 - Ringmaster
1997 - Meet Wally Sparks
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- (10 July 2002) The sons of guest Nancy Campbell-Panitz, who was murdered by her ex-husband after the couple appeared on a "Springer" episode with his girlfriend, filed suit in Sarasota County (FL) Court against Springer, his producers and his distributor, USA Studios, claiming Springer created "a mood that led to murder."
- Was elected mayor of Cincinnati in 1977, receiving the largest plurality in history.
- (20 September 1991): _"The Jerry Springer Show" (1991)_ (qv) debuts. It was developed by Cincinnati's WLWT-TV to replace its landmark _"The Phil Donahue Show" (1970)_ (qv) ('Phil Donahue' (qv) and Springer both worked for WLWT-TV at the time). Springer was eventually forced to revamp its serious format in an attempt to save the show from being dropped by syndicators due to poor ratings. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Holds a BA in Political Science from Tulane University (New Orleans, LA), and a JD from Northwestern University (Chicago, IL).
- Daughter Katie (born 1976) was born legally blind, deaf in one ear and without nasal passages.
- Spearheaded the effort to lower the voting age from 21 to 18, and testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in support of ratification of what became the 26th Amendment to the Constitution.
- Won 10 local Emmys for his nightly news and political commentaries during his stint at Cincinnati's WLWT-TV.
- Has a house in Lido Key, Sarasota, Florida that he stays at when the show is on hiatus.