Feb. 13th, 1944
London, England, UK
Jerry Springer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Domino
2004 - The Defender
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1998 - Kissing a Fool
1998 - Ringmaster
1997 - Meet Wally Sparks
Guest TV Roles
- Has a house in Lido Key, Sarasota, Florida that he stays at when the show is on hiatus.
- Spearheaded the effort to lower the voting age from 21 to 18, and testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in support of ratification of what became the 26th Amendment to the Constitution.
- Used to be the Mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Ran for Governor of Ohio in 1982.
- (20 September 1991): _"The Jerry Springer Show" (1991)_ (qv) debuts. It was developed by Cincinnati's WLWT-TV to replace its landmark _"The Phil Donahue Show" (1970)_ (qv) ('Phil Donahue' (qv) and Springer both worked for WLWT-TV at the time). Springer was eventually forced to revamp its serious format in an attempt to save the show from being dropped by syndicators due to poor ratings. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Talk show host
- His talk show turned musical, Jerry Springer - The Opera performed at the Royal National Theatre: Lyttelton and later at the Cambridge Theatre, was awarded the 2003 London Critics Circle Award for Best Musical.
- Won a seat on Cincinnati's Council-at-Large in 1971, but resigned in 1974 after police - raiding a Fort Wright, KY massage parlor - found a check he had written to a "massuse" for her services. Coming clean at a press conference, his honesty worked, and he won back his seat in 1975.