Feb. 13th, 1944
London, England, UK
Jerry Springer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Domino
2004 - The Defender
2003 - Citizen Verdict
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1998 - Ringmaster
1998 - Kissing a Fool
1997 - Meet Wally Sparks
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Results Show Preview
Himself - Host
- (10 July 2002) The sons of guest Nancy Campbell-Panitz, who was murdered by her ex-husband after the couple appeared on a "Springer" episode with his girlfriend, filed suit in Sarasota County (FL) Court against Springer, his producers and his distributor, USA Studios, claiming Springer created "a mood that led to murder."
- Attended Northwestern University School of Law.
- "Jerry Springer - The Opera" won the 2004 Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Musical.
- Spearheaded the effort to lower the voting age from 21 to 18, and testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in support of ratification of what became the 26th Amendment to the Constitution.
- Born on exactly the same day as 'Stockard Channing' (qv).
- His inspired musical, Jerry Springer --The Opera performed at the Royal National: Lyttelton and late at Cambridge Theatre, was awarded the Carlton Television Best Musical Award at the 2003 London Evening Standard Theatre Awards.
- Talk show host
- Cincinnati Magazine voted him TV's "Best Anchor" five years in a row.