Feb. 13th, 1944
London, England, UK
Jerry Springer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Domino
2004 - The Defender
2003 - Citizen Verdict
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1998 - Kissing a Fool
1998 - Ringmaster
1997 - Meet Wally Sparks
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Results Show Preview
Himself - Host
- Attended Northwestern University School of Law.
- Used to be the Mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- (20 September 1991): _"The Jerry Springer Show" (1991)_ (qv) debuts. It was developed by Cincinnati's WLWT-TV to replace its landmark _"The Phil Donahue Show" (1970)_ (qv) ('Phil Donahue' (qv) and Springer both worked for WLWT-TV at the time). Springer was eventually forced to revamp its serious format in an attempt to save the show from being dropped by syndicators due to poor ratings. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Cincinnati Magazine voted him TV's "Best Anchor" five years in a row.
- Won 10 local Emmys for his nightly news and political commentaries during his stint at Cincinnati's WLWT-TV.
- A self-described "country singer-songwriter," he opens for 'Billy Ray Cyrus' (qv) whenever scheduling allows, and has even performed at actor 'Johnny Depp' (qv)'s notorious club, the Viper Room.
- Daughter Katie (born 1976) was born legally blind, deaf in one ear and without nasal passages.
- There is a ventriloquist dummy who can be seen in the audience during the show behind Jerry when he is in the crowd. The dummy represents the "Dummies" who watch the show and are in the audience.