Feb. 13th, 1944
London, England, UK
Jerry Springer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Domino
2004 - The Defender
2003 - Citizen Verdict
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1998 - Ringmaster
1998 - Kissing a Fool
1997 - Meet Wally Sparks
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Results Show Preview
Himself - Host
- Spearheaded the effort to lower the voting age from 21 to 18, and testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in support of ratification of what became the 26th Amendment to the Constitution.
- Ran for Governor of Ohio in 1982.
- Holds a BA in Political Science from Tulane University (New Orleans, LA), and a JD from Northwestern University (Chicago, IL).
- Daughter Katie attended Barat College, from where she graduated in May 2001.
- Has established a scholarship fund at the Keliman School (Chicago, IL) that serves inner-city youth.
- Helped Stuart Lee and Richard Thomas gain the rights to produce the Jerry Springer Opera while in development stage, when Studios USA threatened legal action for violation of the copyright laws.
- His talk show turned musical, Jerry Springer - The Opera performed at the Royal National Theatre: Lyttelton and later at the Cambridge Theatre, was awarded the 2003 London Critics Circle Award for Best Musical.
- (10 July 2002) The sons of guest Nancy Campbell-Panitz, who was murdered by her ex-husband after the couple appeared on a "Springer" episode with his girlfriend, filed suit in Sarasota County (FL) Court against Springer, his producers and his distributor, USA Studios, claiming Springer created "a mood that led to murder."