Apr. 29th, 1954
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Jerry Seinfeld's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Top Five
2013 - Quality Balls
2007 - Bee Movie
2002 - Comedian
1999 - Pros & Cons
1996 - Eddie
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Panelist
Himself - Top Ten List Presenter: #7
Himself - Guest
Born in Brooklyn, New York, to parents Kalman and Betty. Moved with family, including sister Carolyn, to suburban Massepequa, Long Island at young age. Dad, who had terrific sense of humor, was a commercial sign maker.
Attended Oswego College in upstate New York but transferred to Queens College back in New York City. Developed interest in stand-up comedy after brief stints in college productions. Went straight from college graduation to amateur night tryout at New York's Catch a Rising Star, 1976.
Continued to perform in local clubs and Catskill Mountain resorts until his career was boosted by an appearance on a Rodney Dangerfield HBO special, 1976. Career took off after first successful spot on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962), May 1981, at age 27. Appearances on "Late Night with David Letterman" (1982) and "The Merv Griffin Show" (1962) followed. Also appeared four times as Frankie on "Benson" (1979) sitcom. After he was abruptly fired from the show, he swore never to do another sitcom unless he had greater control. This opportunity emerged when he was invited to create a sitcom for NBC in 1989 and teamed with one-time stand-up colleague Larry David (I).
Progression of "The Seinfeld Chronicles" into the long-running "Seinfeld" (1990) series phenomenon was ended by its co-creator and co-executive producer, Larry David (I). Still unmarried, he moved back to New York City into a new multimillion-dollar, multilevel apartment on Central Park West just down the street from his original, small bachelor studio on West 81st.
- Had a compulsive habit of throwing out the clothes he had traveled with after each road trip.
- Dated the much younger 'Shoshanna Lonstein' (qv) for several years [1993-1997].
- Raised in Massapequa (Long Island), New York.
- His sister, Carolyn Liebling, is his manager.
- Is good friends with 'Chris Rock (I)' (qv), 'Mario Joyner' (qv), and 'Colin Quinn (I)' (qv).
- Wife Jessica gave birth to son, Shepherd Kellen Seinfeld, on August 22, 2005.
- Has a collection of more than 500 sneakers. They are all white.
- Was the first recipient of the American Express Black Card.