Apr. 29th, 1954
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Jerry Seinfeld's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Top Five
2013 - Quality Balls
2007 - Bee Movie
2002 - Comedian
1996 - Eddie
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Brooklyn, New York, to parents Kalman and Betty. Moved with family, including sister Carolyn, to suburban Massepequa, Long Island at young age. Dad, who had terrific sense of humor, was a commercial sign maker.
Attended Oswego College in upstate New York but transferred to Queens College back in New York City. Developed interest in stand-up comedy after brief stints in college productions. Went straight from college graduation to amateur night tryout at New York's Catch a Rising Star, 1976.
Continued to perform in local clubs and Catskill Mountain resorts until his career was boosted by an appearance on a Rodney Dangerfield HBO special, 1976. Career took off after first successful spot on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962), May 1981, at age 27. Appearances on "Late Night with David Letterman" (1982) and "The Merv Griffin Show" (1962) followed. Also appeared four times as Frankie on "Benson" (1979) sitcom. After he was abruptly fired from the show, he swore never to do another sitcom unless he had greater control. This opportunity emerged when he was invited to create a sitcom for NBC in 1989 and teamed with one-time stand-up colleague Larry David (I).
Progression of "The Seinfeld Chronicles" into the long-running "Seinfeld" (1990) series phenomenon was ended by its co-creator and co-executive producer, Larry David (I). Still unmarried, he moved back to New York City into a new multimillion-dollar, multilevel apartment on Central Park West just down the street from his original, small bachelor studio on West 81st.
- Used to appear frequently on _"The Howard Stern Show" (1990)_ (qv), but had a falling out when Howard and his crew made fun of his relationship with 'Shoshanna Lonstein' (qv).
- Is a New York Mets fan.
- Was the first recipient of the American Express Black Card.
- Bought 'Billy Joel' (qv)'s house in Amagansett village in the Hamptons (Long Island, NY) for then record-setting price of $32 million in March, 2000.
- Is a Porsche collector. Paparazzi have seen him in at least 20 different ones.
- Dated comedian 'Carol Leifer' (qv), who is said to be the model for the character of Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- His first child with wife Jessica, a daughter named Sascha, was born in New York City on November 7, 2000.
- Raised in Massapequa (Long Island), New York.