Apr. 29th, 1954
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Jerry Seinfeld's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Bee Movie
2005 - The Thing About My Folks
2002 - Comedian
1996 - Eddie
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Panelist
Born in Brooklyn, New York, to parents Kalman and Betty. Moved with family, including sister Carolyn, to suburban Massepequa, Long Island at young age. Dad, who had terrific sense of humor, was a commercial sign maker.
Attended Oswego College in upstate New York but transferred to Queens College back in New York City. Developed interest in stand-up comedy after brief stints in college productions. Went straight from college graduation to amateur night tryout at New York's Catch a Rising Star, 1976.
Continued to perform in local clubs and Catskill Mountain resorts until his career was boosted by an appearance on a Rodney Dangerfield HBO special, 1976. Career took off after first successful spot on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962), May 1981, at age 27. Appearances on "Late Night with David Letterman" (1982) and "The Merv Griffin Show" (1962) followed. Also appeared four times as Frankie on "Benson" (1979) sitcom. After he was abruptly fired from the show, he swore never to do another sitcom unless he had greater control. This opportunity emerged when he was invited to create a sitcom for NBC in 1989 and teamed with one-time stand-up colleague Larry David (I).
Progression of "The Seinfeld Chronicles" into the long-running "Seinfeld" (1990) series phenomenon was ended by its co-creator and co-executive producer, Larry David (I). Still unmarried, he moved back to New York City into a new multimillion-dollar, multilevel apartment on Central Park West just down the street from his original, small bachelor studio on West 81st.
- Is a New York Mets fan.
- Bought the first Porsche 911 ever built. It was light blue and bought at Manhattan Motors.
- Announced his engagement to Jessica Sklar (born Nina Sklar on September 12, 1971 in Oyster Bay, New York). They began dating after they met at the Reebok Sport Club in 1998, even though she had just married Eric Nederlander, a scion of the Broadway theater-owning family. At one point, it was reported that Nederlander planned to sue Seinfeld for "alienation of affection" for contributing to the demise of his marriage. No legal action materialized. (10 November 1999)
- Wife Jessica gave birth to son, Shepherd Kellen Seinfeld, on August 22, 2005.
- Dated comedian 'Carol Leifer' (qv), who is said to be the model for the character of Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- 'George Wallace (II)' (qv) was the best man at his wedding.
- He and his wife Jessica Sklar had a son, born March 1, 2003, named Julian Kal Seinfeld. Birth of their son was announced on _"Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" (1989)_ (qv).
- Is a fan of the comic book character Superman, as was shown in many episodes of the _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv) TV series.