Apr. 29th, 1954
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Jerry Seinfeld's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Top Five
2013 - Quality Balls
2007 - Bee Movie
2002 - Comedian
1999 - Pros & Cons
1996 - Eddie
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Panelist
Himself - Top Ten List Presenter: #7
Himself - Comedian
Born in Brooklyn, New York, to parents Kalman and Betty. Moved with family, including sister Carolyn, to suburban Massepequa, Long Island at young age. Dad, who had terrific sense of humor, was a commercial sign maker.
Attended Oswego College in upstate New York but transferred to Queens College back in New York City. Developed interest in stand-up comedy after brief stints in college productions. Went straight from college graduation to amateur night tryout at New York's Catch a Rising Star, 1976.
Continued to perform in local clubs and Catskill Mountain resorts until his career was boosted by an appearance on a Rodney Dangerfield HBO special, 1976. Career took off after first successful spot on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962), May 1981, at age 27. Appearances on "Late Night with David Letterman" (1982) and "The Merv Griffin Show" (1962) followed. Also appeared four times as Frankie on "Benson" (1979) sitcom. After he was abruptly fired from the show, he swore never to do another sitcom unless he had greater control. This opportunity emerged when he was invited to create a sitcom for NBC in 1989 and teamed with one-time stand-up colleague Larry David (I).
Progression of "The Seinfeld Chronicles" into the long-running "Seinfeld" (1990) series phenomenon was ended by its co-creator and co-executive producer, Larry David (I). Still unmarried, he moved back to New York City into a new multimillion-dollar, multilevel apartment on Central Park West just down the street from his original, small bachelor studio on West 81st.
- Headlining Colonials Weekend 2006 at the George Washington University in Washington, DC, where his former girlfriend 'Shoshanna Lonstein' (qv) attended before transferring to UCLA in 1994.
- His sister, Carolyn Liebling, is his manager.
- Announced his engagement to Jessica Sklar (born Nina Sklar on September 12, 1971 in Oyster Bay, New York). They began dating after they met at the Reebok Sport Club in 1998, even though she had just married Eric Nederlander, a scion of the Broadway theater-owning family. At one point, it was reported that Nederlander planned to sue Seinfeld for "alienation of affection" for contributing to the demise of his marriage. No legal action materialized. (10 November 1999)
- Is a Porsche collector. Paparazzi have seen him in at least 20 different ones.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine reported his earnings to be approximately $60 million.
- Dated comedian 'Carol Leifer' (qv), who is said to be the model for the character of Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- Graduated from Queens College (New York).
- 'George Wallace (II)' (qv) was the best man at his wedding.